Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: @martin

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244281

Doesn't your outcome contradict itself? I'm not too angry about the ban, but I'm really disappointed in how you guys are handling this situation. You first went on saying that I was punished for "breaching the rules that were clearly outlined at the entrance to the event area" but then you go onto say "now it is true that the event rules didn't specifically forbid tasing itself." Right there is a pure contradiction of your leading statement. You then follow up by saying that you have to arrest after you tase someone, but that isn't correct. If the event rules said no arresting, I had every right to begin shooting him instead of arresting him when he was released from his tasered state. To say that it's my fault for not following rules that weren't strictly put in place is outrageous. Plus, in your outcome, you're acting like I was trying to arrest people when you said, "it's understandable that you would be kicked out of the event / punished for using it during the event, especially if attempting to arrest participants is against the event rules," when I never had any intentions of making an arrest as I never pulled out a baton. In addition, his event was literally held in RP, and in an illegal spot. If you want to get technical, wasn't their nuke blocking the paycheck NPC as well? Additionally, as stated in the SSRP rules its a cop's duty to keep the streets free of crime, and a nuke is a major disturbance in city law. Therefore, what I did was totally acceptable as I didn't break any rules, and this is a clear abuse of bias power. If you really want to talk about anyone breaking rules, it should be the lead team members that participated in the event, and they should be handed out proper punishments.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1024
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jaden..
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: User01293, Markus, Darling

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244284

How is a one day ban for tasing someone even remotely warranted?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244285

How do people get like 8-9 recents and not get banned?, yet you are banned for tasing somebody?
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 161
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Na1. Reason: edit

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244286

Na1 wrote:
How do people get like 8-9 recents and not get banned?, yet you are banned for tasing somebody?
good server
  • finlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 197

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244287

narexa wrote:

Thinking about it so simply as that is just not doing service to the people who setup events on the server as a whole or people who participate in those events fairly.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244289

Yo jaden i really dont want to see you forum banned they do it like that , you speak the truth , you get silenced and ill be giga mad then so try to speak via Discord or Teamspeak bro
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244290

TheFierceOwl wrote:
Yo jaden i really dont want to see you forum banned they do it like that , you speak the truth , you get silenced and ill be giga mad then so try to speak via Discord or Teamspeak bro
If they forum ban me it just shows they don't want to face their server issues, it would do them more harm than me.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244291

Morgan wrote:
narexa wrote:

Thinking about it so simply as that is just not doing service to the people who setup events on the server as a whole or people who participate in those events fairly.

I must disagree, especially as events are an extra thing to Zarp so aren't very serious in any way shape or form. I think that people should be punished for having big affects to the people participating but simply tasing someone? I don't agree with a ban for that.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244292

the paycheck lady returned to her rightful place prior to the event.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gody

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244293

Morgan wrote:
narexa wrote:

Where in your mind is a ban acceptable for being tased? There’s literally no need at all when other measures can be done that aren’t as extreme and as pathetic what was shown
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244305

Jaden. wrote:
Doesn't your outcome contradict itself? I'm not too angry about the ban, but I'm really disappointed in how you guys are handling this situation. You first went on saying that I was punished for "breaching the rules that were clearly outlined at the entrance to the event area" but then you go onto say "now it is true that the event rules didn't specifically forbid tasing itself." Right there is a pure contradiction of your leading statement.

It's not a contradiction. I said it's not SPECIFICALLY forbidden, as in not addressed directly. In the second part of that sentence I explained to you why it is still not allowed. You would mostly only use your taser to make an attempt at arresting a player. Why else would you use your taser?

Jaden. wrote:
You then follow up by saying that you have to arrest after you tase someone, but that isn't correct. If the event rules said no arresting, I had every right to begin shooting him instead of arresting him when he was released from his tasered state.

I never said you have to arrest someone right after you tase them. I said that logically speaking you would only use your taser if you were making an attempt at arresting a player. Anything else would basically be using the taser for an unintended purpose.

Jaden. wrote:
To say that it's my fault for not following rules that weren't strictly put in place is outrageous. Plus, in your outcome, you're acting like I was trying to arrest people when you said, "it's understandable that you would be kicked out of the event / punished for using it during the event, especially if attempting to arrest participants is against the event rules," when I never had any intentions of making an arrest as I never pulled out a baton.

It's true that the rule could have been more specific and I'm sure that we are gonna be more careful when specifying event rules in the future. As I mentioned before, using a taser can be classed as "making an attempt to arrest someone". That's literally the purpose of the taser.

Jaden. wrote:
In addition, his event was literally held in RP, and in an illegal spot. If you want to get technical, wasn't their nuke blocking the paycheck NPC as well? Additionally, as stated in the SSRP rules its a cop's duty to keep the streets free of crime, and a nuke is a major disturbance in city law. Therefore, what I did was totally acceptable as I didn't break any rules, and this is a clear abuse of bias power. If you really want to talk about anyone breaking rules, it should be the lead team members that participated in the event, and they should be handed out proper punishments.

Since when is holding an event in RP areas against the rules? The event has been announced via server announcements and we've put text screens to every entrance to the event area. As long as the lead team announces an event in an RP area properly it's not against the rules. The paycheck lady wasn't in that district anymore by the way.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, Kurze

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244307

Martin wrote:
Jaden. wrote:
Doesn't your outcome contradict itself? I'm not too angry about the ban, but I'm really disappointed in how you guys are handling this situation. You first went on saying that I was punished for "breaching the rules that were clearly outlined at the entrance to the event area" but then you go onto say "now it is true that the event rules didn't specifically forbid tasing itself." Right there is a pure contradiction of your leading statement.

It's not a contradiction. I said it's not SPECIFICALLY forbidden, as in not addressed directly. In the second part of that sentence I explained to you why it is still not allowed. You would mostly only use your taser to make an attempt at arresting a player. Why else would you use your taser?

Jaden. wrote:
You then follow up by saying that you have to arrest after you tase someone, but that isn't correct. If the event rules said no arresting, I had every right to begin shooting him instead of arresting him when he was released from his tasered state.

I never said you have to arrest someone right after you tase them. I said that logically speaking you would only use your taser if you were making an attempt at arresting a player. Anything else would basically be using the taser for an unintended purpose.

Jaden. wrote:
To say that it's my fault for not following rules that weren't strictly put in place is outrageous. Plus, in your outcome, you're acting like I was trying to arrest people when you said, "it's understandable that you would be kicked out of the event / punished for using it during the event, especially if attempting to arrest participants is against the event rules," when I never had any intentions of making an arrest as I never pulled out a baton.

It's true that the rule could have been more specific and I'm sure that we are gonna be more careful when specifying event rules in the future. As I mentioned before, using a taser can be classed as "making an attempt to arrest someone". That's literally the purpose of the taser.

Jaden. wrote:
In addition, his event was literally held in RP, and in an illegal spot. If you want to get technical, wasn't their nuke blocking the paycheck NPC as well? Additionally, as stated in the SSRP rules its a cop's duty to keep the streets free of crime, and a nuke is a major disturbance in city law. Therefore, what I did was totally acceptable as I didn't break any rules, and this is a clear abuse of bias power. If you really want to talk about anyone breaking rules, it should be the lead team members that participated in the event, and they should be handed out proper punishments.

Since when is holding an event in RP against the rules? The event has been announced via server announcements and we've put text screens to every entrance to the event area. As long as the lead team announces an event in an RP area properly it's not against the rules. The paycheck lady wasn't in that district anymore by the way.

1. If it isn't specifically forbidden it isn't forbidden at all. If they really wanted no one to tase them they could've written it on the textscreen line, it would've fit. Secondly, they did forbid arresting so when I tased him there was literally no point in arresting him other than if I was trying to cause trouble which I wasn't. I used my taser to get past someone with 50,000 hp blocking a door. There would've been no other ways to get past.

2. Logically speaking, why would I be arresting him if it was forbidden. Do you guys really have that low of faith in me of following the rules? I know I have a shakey history with the rules, but lets be honest, if I really wanted to break them I would've just arrested him. Additionally, where can I find the "intended" purpose of the taser. If an intended purpose isn't put specifically in the server rules I have free will with how I decide to use it.

3. You're still making the same argument that the taser is always used to arrest someone, when in this situation it clearly wasn't. Nowhere in the rules does it say an arrest follows a tase. In a normal situation I probably would've arrested him, but since the event forbade arrests, I didn't and used a different technique.

4. You say that events being held aren't against the rules, but you could argue otherwise. What if someone was unaware of the event and just joined the server? what would happen then, it's not like they spammed announcements the entire time the event was taking place. They might think it was just a nuke going on and not be participating in the event but still get punished. I'm not saying this was my situation, but it is a possible one. Furthermore, if the rules enforce cops to go after nukes, doesn't it make the event unavoidable? It would be fine if they held a custom event in admin arena, but a nuke basically in spawn, seriously? There's a multitude of other event ideas they could've come up with that doesn't benefit them personally, and also doesn't cause a big disruption on the server.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Na1, TheFierceOwl, Darling

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244310

Martin wrote:
Jaden. wrote:

thats not how the server runs bro if you want to use common sense then I can straight up tell you tens of rules that we have been punished by for using common sense . If he didnt do it then he didnt do it. Saying he might is just targeting him . Might as well ban everyone because fuck knows they might hack..
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden.

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244321

you could have just /jail Jaden and be done with it
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

@martin 3 years 10 months ago #1244324

Jaden. wrote:
1. If it isn't specifically forbidden it isn't forbidden at all. If they really wanted no one to tase them they could've written it on the textscreen line, it would've fit. Secondly, they did forbid arresting so when I tased him there was literally no point in arresting him other than if I was trying to cause trouble which I wasn't. I used my taser to get past someone with 50,000 hp blocking a door. There would've been no other ways to get past.

I already said that the event rules could have been more specific and we will try to make them clearer in the future. Morgan wasn't blocking the door. He was moving around the house actively. Even if he was blocking the exit you would still not be allowed to tase him since that would be an active attempt at arresting him. Making an active attempt to arresting someone in the event is making an attempt to breaking an event rule. Therefore it is punishable.

Jaden. wrote:
2. Logically speaking, why would I be arresting him if it was forbidden. Do you guys really have that low of faith in me of following the rules? I know I have a shakey history with the rules, but lets be honest, if I really wanted to break them I would've just arrested him. Additionally, where can I find the "intended" purpose of the taser. If an intended purpose isn't put specifically in the server rules I have free will with how I decide to use it.

If I was going by your logic we wouldn't need any admins. Why would people break rules if it's not allowed? We can't trust people not to break rules. Why else would we have staff members and a punishment system? From morgan's point of view you were making an active attempt at arresting him which is against the event rules. He punished you to prevent further disruptions. And by the way, if a server / event rule is unclear or isn't specified properly it's not your responsibility / freedom to decide how you're gonna use it. Ever read the first few paragraphs of the rules about "Staff's Word is Final" and "Loopholing"?

Jaden. wrote:
3. You're still making the same argument that the taser is always used to arrest someone, when in this situation it clearly wasn't. Nowhere in the rules does it say an arrest follows a tase. In a normal situation I probably would've arrested him, but since the event forbade arrests, I didn't and used a different technique.

As I said, the intended purpose of the taser is to make an attempt at arresting someone without them being able to attack you. That's just how it is. It's common sense. If you wanted to kill the player you wouldn't use a taser, you would shoot him. If you wanted to get a player out of your way you would use a stun stick, not a taser. The intended purpose of the taser is obviously to arrest a suspect that is resisting.

Jaden. wrote:
4. You say that events being held aren't against the rules, but you could argue otherwise. What if someone was unaware of the event and just joined the server? what would happen then, it's not like they spammed announcements the entire time the event was taking place. They might think it was just a nuke going on and not be participating in the event but still get punished. I'm not saying this was my situation, but it is a possible one. Furthermore, if the rules enforce cops to go after nukes, doesn't it make the event unavoidable? It would be fine if they held a custom event in admin arena, but a nuke basically in spawn, seriously? There's a multitude of other event ideas they could've come up with that doesn't benefit them personally, and also doesn't cause a big disruption on the server.

It's highly unlikely that someone would be unaware of an ongoing event in an RP area. As I said, we put text screens up and made big server announcements periodically. Even if a new player accidentally enters an event area and gets killed without knowing whats going on it's still not a big deal. As soon as they make an F1 or complain about it in OOC they get told and that's that. It's also not specified in the rules that cops *have* to go after nukes. They can do something else if they feel like it. Nobody forces them to go after nukes so it's in no way "unavoidable". I also don't see how the event "benefits" the lead team members personally. We don't hold events to benefit personally. We're trying to do something fun that the whole server can participate in.

I really don't want to make this topic unnecessarily long. If you want to continue this conversation you can contact me on discord. For now I will be locking this.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun