Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind!

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041319

What's up guys it's time for an UPDATE REVIEW !

Before we start this review don't forget to SMASH that thank you button.

First, let's examinate the content of the brand new skull case :

- Battle Axe : Ever wanted a a re-skin of the thunder hammer except it doesn't even work on doors? Well, the Battle axe is the item you're looking for! With this wonderful item you will be as usefull in a raid as a baldie shooting with a spas-12 at a container!

- De-Animator : A cunning combination of the BEST features of many weapons from different cases combined such as the charging shot time of the laser spartan, the damage output of a laser pistol and the prop destroying efficiency of the gauss rifle! And on top of that your ennemy will be stunned for a duration of 0.2 seconds! Truly a weapon of mass destruction that will change the current meta of raiding!

- Flamethrower : Essentialy a jet gun but even less efficient! Can you imagine a gun even more useless than the jet gun? Neither could I but hey! They actualy did it!

- Skull printer : More printers! Exactly what we needed to fix the economy amirite? :zarp: :clap:

- Acid grenade : Nerve gas on steroids with a much longer lasting effect! An actual good item tough receiving only one in each case feels a bit rough.

- Mummy Suit : 500 hp but 0 armor (?), special ability includes being able to respawn 3 times at the spot where you died with the suit still equipped and supposedly with a damage boost everytime you respawn ( Info provided by Eipus ). Interesting concept tough I hope the respawn is on a forced timer and cannot simply be used whenever the player feels like it because otherwise I can imagine a scenario of someone rushing in a base with the suit, dying on the spot then waiting forever before clicking to respawn on the same spot and being able to raid them easily.

Let's move on to the other relevant economy breaking boosting features of this update :

- New craftables : This update brings in new craftable items that are whacky and spooky! Nothing wrong with that honestly, cosmetic skins are always fun and the HUD looks pretty nice. Spider grenade is especialy fun to play with but the crafting price of said items are pretty high unless you buy them booster packs ( Mmmm, ever get that feeling of Déjà vu? )

- Halloween wheel : Oh look, a wheel based off the gem economy where a few dozens peoples with over 200M gems never connected in over a year im sure that's fair for new users!

- Card Pack : Revolutionary mini-game! Absolutely not just a case with a different wrapping! ( Also golden items are back even tough they were never supposed to be but I guess that's just a client sided issue )

- The map : Really good work overall, the new buildings look pretty cool and the efforts towards improving basing spots are appreciated tough I feel like they were still not pushed far enough ( I stated on previous threads how a good basing spot should have a lobby where the initial defense/raid happens, a " middle room " to give space for the defenders to manoeuver and a back room to hide valuable entities ) tough I strongly disagree with the idea of an elevator base because it completly ruins the dynamics of zarp with the fast paced raids almost completly removing the element of surprise from a raid attempt and giving a too big advantage to the people defending.

Now as far as the fix/balances I don't know about all of them but from what I noticed so far we got :

- Unnecessary nerfs :
* making items like thermal/emp non holsterable therefore making them extremely rare and ruining their utility
* Increasing the drop time for 1 minute making the risk value of accidentaly dropping your gun and not grabbing in time for a faster holster useless.

While on the other hand the handcanon, the evo suit and the gluon gun are still as op as ever and many of the accepted suggestions did not get implemented.

Conclusion :

Yet another update meant to boost an already broken economy with rigged odds to make kids buy more booster packs that did not adress the true problems of zarp. I'll give it 3 weeks before we're back to the state the server was in not even a few days ago. It's a shame because the menus and update in itself isn't that bad as it adds a lot of stuff but as always the community opinion gets completly ignored and the balances/fixes seem like they are pulled off a magic hat at random.

PS : Don't forget to buy plenty of booster packs :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jool.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Blueperson, Jason., Azure, Jaden. and 1 more...

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041321

Shut the fuck up lmao
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: DEADMONSTOR

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041322

good review! keep it up chief!

props to chute for the effort but i gotta agree with this :)
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041326

Jool wrote:
- Unnecessary nerfs :
* making items like thermal/emp non holsterable therefore making them extremely rare and ruining their utility
* Increasing the drop time for 1 minute making the risk value of accidentaly dropping your gun and not grabbing in time for a faster holster useless.
fr?
  • Diet Water
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 748
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Diet Water.

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041328

You literally chat shit full time, you have no fucking clue how economy works and the steps that should be taken to resolve the issues that exist. We have spent countless hours reviewing the economy and are taking steps to improve it, especially in this update. You complained about the lack of an update and now when there is one you blatantly shit on it. I think I speak on behalf of most of the community when I say, 'take your toxic attitude elsewhere'.

Thanks
  • CaptinF1rework
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
The following user(s) said Thank You: DEADMONSTOR, TheXnator

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041333

It was a pretty good update. Especially the map changes. They addressed some of the basing issues on s1.

Way better than the previous halloween one
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041339

I like the client sided issue meme for the golden items there
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041349

CaptinF1rework wrote:
You literally chat shit full time, you have no fucking clue how economy works and the steps that should be taken to resolve the issues that exist. We have spent countless hours reviewing the economy and are taking steps to improve it, especially in this update. You complained about the lack of an update and now when there is one you blatantly shit on it. I think I speak on behalf of most of the community when I say, 'take your toxic attitude elsewhere'.

Thanks
Nice ego lol
  • Jason.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 흑인 소년
  • Thanks received: 250

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1041382

I love this lol. Keep it up and don't let the naysayers stop your reviews!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[UPDATE REVIEW] 3rd one will blow your mind! 5 years 6 months ago #1042114

bump, this needs more attention
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

269 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32