TOPIC: A warning to the SSRP staff team

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678095

Finally
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678098

SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Morgan wrote:
You've not been here for the crusade we've started, you're late!
This all has already been in the works. You're late Ace!

If it was in the works it would of already been Fixed mate. You guys are slow asf lmao
You know the zarp process better than anyone. It takes time and it's just now reaching the end.

Takes time? Mate because it took time there is still Atleast one mod out there who has to be demoted. So 'takes time'is a bullshit excuse like really man Cmon.
Yeah then going through multiple official warnings over and over before people can agree to demote someone. We've demoted so many people since your break, it's already been happening not to mention the rule revision. Even this meeting, more things are going to be brought up.

But can you agree with me that my concern is that there is still a mod out there that should of been demoted but didn't even got a warning yet?
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678099

RealDenis wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Having a gangname similar to another = permaban

Hacking = 5 chances
Lmao pretty accurate but tbh Wizard just doesn't know anything, he gave a 10 minute jail and a perma ban for having a similar gang name and he thinks that saying "kys" is sending a deaththreat.
Whoa dude you can't say kys wut you doing man!!1! Unless it's in GTA, obviously
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, AceInsidious, Roy Harper, SoraJS

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678100

Steps to success

1. Make Nexize SA
2. Make Hitman Jerry SA
3. Make Blocked SA

boom and the problem is gone.

also Chummy4Owner
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by KapiJam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin, Blocked, Nexize, ChummyXRay, Denis

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678101

AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Morgan wrote:

If it was in the works it would of already been Fixed mate. You guys are slow asf lmao
You know the zarp process better than anyone. It takes time and it's just now reaching the end.

Takes time? Mate because it took time there is still Atleast one mod out there who has to be demoted. So 'takes time'is a bullshit excuse like really man Cmon.
Yeah then going through multiple official warnings over and over before people can agree to demote someone. We've demoted so many people since your break, it's already been happening not to mention the rule revision. Even this meeting, more things are going to be brought up.

But can you agree with me that my concern is that there is still a mod out there that should of been demoted but didn't even got a warning yet?
Most of that mod's abuse reports, if I remember, were for rule breaks minor and not minor and I was bringing him up this meeting. I already have some things on notepad to bring up including that person.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678102

KapiJam wrote:
Steps to success

1. Make Nexize SA
2. Make Hitman Jerry SA
3. Make Blocked SA

also Chummy4Owner

blocked resigned :(
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678103

Doesn't really matter if someone's late to the party or not. What matters is that they enjoy it.

I know you guys will do what's best for the server. I wish you the absolute best of luck with it all.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1042
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, ChummyXRay, Denis, AceInsidious, Roy Harper and 3 more...

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678105

Father Watson wrote:
Doesn't really matter if someone's late to the party or not. What matters is that they enjoy it.

I know you guys will do what's best for the server. I wish you the absolute best of luck with it all.

Couldn't have said it better myself... At least you know about this mod and are going to be doing something about them! Again I just want to thank you all for doing this, late is better than never!
  • Starman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Beyond Earth
  • Thanks received: 233

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678106

Roy Harper wrote:
KapiJam wrote:
Steps to success

1. Make Nexize SA
2. Make Hitman Jerry SA
3. Make Blocked SA

also Chummy4Owner

blocked resigned :(

Doesn't matter

user2sa
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678108

I like the aggression and attitude to fix it all, but like Morgan and Sora have said, these last few weeks have been evidence of us on the path to correcting the wrongs. We've had more LT demoted than any recent time, multiple full/minor demotions, and tons of official warnings. We've put out a complete revision of the rules as well. It is easy to go out and say you're tired of this and rile up people, but it is completely dismissive of the work we've done. Here's to hoping we achieve even more with you being back and ready to act.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 650
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious, Roy Harper, Raeker, SoraJS

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678109

SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Most of that mod's abuse reports, if I remember, were for rule breaks minor and not minor and I was bringing him up this meeting. I already have some things on notepad to bring up including that person.

Good. This meeting will be fun. I will make sure those mods/admins will Get punished the same week instead of way later tho. Really don't want people like that in the staff team. Just put the thread here since Nobody else did and the staff team should really be back to were it was in the Good old days.
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by AceInsidious.

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678113

Thank u ace I really appritiate this I have notice myself that staff members are slacking off lately something needs to be done and I am glad we can count on u to get it under control.
  • Dark Matter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fuck RDMers
  • Thanks received: 25

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678115

mstpierrem wrote:
Thank u ace I really appritiate this I have notice myself that staff members are slacking off lately something needs to be done and I am glad we can count on u to get it under control.

Don't forget I have a solid lead team having my back at this. They already fired up the demotion/warning train and I am here to make sure the train reaches it's destination. (How tf did I just explained that lmao)
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by AceInsidious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, Raeker

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678116

Lol ok thank you
  • Dark Matter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fuck RDMers
  • Thanks received: 25

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678124

ChummyXRay wrote:
I like the aggression and attitude to fix it all, but like Morgan and Sora have said, these last few weeks have been evidence of us on the path to correcting the wrongs. We've had more LT demoted than any recent time, multiple full/minor demotions, and tons of official warnings. We've put out a complete revision of the rules as well. It is easy to go out and say you're tired of this and rile up people, but it is completely dismissive of the work we've done. Here's to hoping we achieve even more with you being back and ready to act.

Promote yourself to chute
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nexize, ChummyXRay

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678143

big up my man hitman jerry

also big up to the lads sora, chummy, ace, and morgan for sorting shit out
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, AceInsidious

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678148

Well, I know I'm doing good, I've been working a lot harder than I used to... I'm already doing over 100 F1's per week which is a lot better than me a couple of months ago when I only used to be doing about 40 or 50 F1's... Thanks for the crackdown on staff Ace! We need staff doing F1's as soon as they see them pop up... If they are doing a nuke then fine but if it's just basing then it won't hurt to just do a couple? It's got to a point where there were tons of AFK staff members when there are about 10 F1's and only 2 staff members on to do them... Ace is also right about the good staff members leaving, as when they used to be here it was a lot easier with their great help but because of them leaving it's caused it to become a lot harder now... Looks like we will have to work a lot lot harder now...

Special thanks to all staff members that resigned! You will be missed, a lot!
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Orang3.

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678158

First of all, hello Ace, I've not been on Zarp for the last 2 months at least, either the servers or the forums. Just came here to take a peak and saw this post. Then I went into the Staff List.
I was a moderator of SSRP and according to the list I still am. I've not done a single F1 for the last 2-3 months or even joined Garrys Mod at all, so if you have the time, please strip me of the rank and respective powers.
That should be a start, getting rid of all moderators/admins that slack off with the F1s. You should be able to clear half of them.
(That was not my case, while I was in Zarp I did my best to help the players, I just left the server)

Good luck!
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, AceInsidious

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678169

Archick wrote:
First of all, hello Ace, I've not been on Zarp for the last 2 months at least, either the servers or the forums. Just came here to take a peak and saw this post. Then I went into the Staff List.
I was a moderator of SSRP and according to the list I still am. I've not done a single F1 for the last 2-3 months or even joined Garrys Mod at all, so if you have the time, please strip me of the rank and respective powers.
That should be a start, getting rid of all moderators/admins that slack off with the F1s. You should be able to clear half of them.
(That was not my case, while I was in Zarp I did my best to help the players, I just left the server)

Good luck!

can confirm
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8580

A warning to the SSRP staff team 6 years 8 months ago #678174

Blocked wrote:
KapiJam wrote:
2. Make Hitman Jerry SA

Throwback to when my man Hitman Jerry accidentally permabanned almost everyone on the server.

Looking forward to this meetings outcome, I expect a lot of changes for the better, good luck to the lead team as well.

Also, regardless of whether or not the lead team has been working on these issues, I believe it would be for the best if you guys were more transparent about it, in terms of the steps and precautions you are taking to tackle down the current problems within the staff team, it would make a huge difference if you kept the community updated, I promise.
The issue is that a lot of users, and even staff, are unsure about what the Lead Team is actually doing. On other, smaller servers such as TTT that isn't a major problem - the lead team is often seen in-game and are easily approachable over Teamspeak or via Steam.

But on SSRP there are quite a few issues. Firstly, all staff are spread over three servers. Secondly, there's a shitton of them. And thirdly, not all of them are often on Teamspeak or aware of how commonly used it is.

Besides that, whilst other server have an in-game staff list, SSRP is lacking in that regard. This means that a lot of users, but definitely also some staff, are completely unaware of who exactly is in the Lead Team and what would be the best way to contact them.

Because of this, there's a clear border between users and staff. Such a border exists on each server, but on SSRP where communicating with staff is lacking (whilst on other servers you can make complaints using Admin Chat, on SSRP you need to make an F1 that could take forever to get handled at bad times) the border is so thick that people can no longer see on the other side of the wall.

Clarity is key if users want to understand the going-ons in the staff team. A lot of users, and even staff themselves, will be quickly irritated when things don't go the way they want to.

When people don't know or understand what the Lead Team does for them, they'll say that the Lead Team does nothing. When people see things happen that they don't agree with, they'll shout corruption and hypocrisy (and the ironic thing is how hypocritical they're being themselves at that moment).

Meanwhile the Lead Team doesn't explain its actions properly. There are multiple reasons for this, mainly though that they don't feel the need to explain themselves. Why explain to each user every 5 seconds why staff member X has or hasn't been demoted? In a lot of cases, as others vote as well, you can't even tell them why because of the meeting agreement.

Because the Lead Team doesn't explain itself people feel ignored, abandoned and eventually pretty fucking pissed off. And it has seemingly reached a point where the SSRP Lead Team as a whole fails to co-operate and is unsure abut the state of the staff team.

Such a state is never a good point to reach, as teamwork is essential in the staff team and especially the Lead Team. The moment that a Lead Team member feels like they can no longer trust his fellow staff to do their job properly is the moment that the Lead Team begins to fracture. And then the users will feel the consequenses of that.

However, I do feel like the SSRP Lead Team is pulling itself together. They've become more strict, which some users dislike, but they're still growing and doing their best. Things don't change overnight - some changes will take longer, also for the staff to adapt to.

TL;DR I believe the SSRP Lead Team is going down a good, strong path. Clarity between users and staff is always lacking everywhere in the community, and although I do believe the Lead Team could communicate some things a little better I also think they're already going down that path themselves.

Sorry for this long rant, hopefully I didn't scare anyone off lol
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nexize, ChummyXRay, Denis, AceInsidious, Orang3
Moderators: JustGurp
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

154 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf