• Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hoppa
  • Thanks received: 342
[ZARP-Notice]: You have left Hoppa
The topic has been locked.

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907463

Clarky wrote:
You can't just remove people's items from the economy like that, that's how how you're going to truly kill ZARP lol use some sense when making this post next time

Exactly. It's a bit too late now, especially after some people spent so much money.
Also, like someone (Jabbee I think ?) said earlier, suits are just but an element of gameplay.
You cannot just remove or replace the suits without it affecting other items, and the gameplay as a whole.

A lot of you are talking about the good ol' times.
I think it's time to get a new server with an old school vibe to it.

Newer players like me can't invest time/money in the current servers.
It's too late for us. But I truly believe a new server on which you MUST start all over again from scratch would definitely get players' attention once again, and their motivation to play renewned.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Chienman.

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907464

Mobile Task Force Gunner wrote:
If you're honestly voting no for this, Please kindly go back to the shithole community you came from. If you were actually here before the suits were introduced or when they were rare, You wouldnt even come close to voting no for this.
Are you backwards mate? Let me ask you this, if suits and special weapons were removed what would be left? In my opinion the main differentiators between ZARP and other bog standard DarkRP servers are the suits and special weapons. If you removed them you are left with a bland and boring server. Don't even get me started on "sUiTs rUiN aLl tHe sKiLl" cuz if you are playing Garry's Mod DarkRP to showcase/improve your shooting skill your are in the wrong place mate. Garry's Mod has fucking broken hitboxes and for a server to be able to run over 32 players well you need to reduce tickrate to 33. All you "oldschool" players keep riding the dick of the old server cuz you are blinded by nostalgia. When you logically weigh up the positives and negatives it's obvious that you shouldn't remove suits.

On the other hand since so many people have a problem with suits ruining gameplay for new users a basewars-style system could be implemented where users need a certain amount of printers so that if they had under the amount they would be making less money and if they had over the amount they would be eligible to raid for example.

Another way to fix it would simply be to buff the default normal and VIP printers and make it easier for normal users to make money and also you could increase the raid cooldown and so on.

There are so many smarter and more efficient ways of fixing these issues rather than just straight up removing suits or replacing them, a LOT of players on SSRP play it either just to get a suit or to play around with the suits they currently have and that is a fact.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907468

Yes
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907472

Nerf suits, dont remove them :]]]]
nerf hyper, make it so theres a timer before the tp dissapears
nerf evo, make it so you have wallhack maybe like 30sec, and then theres a cooldown

simple nerfs could make it a lot more fair
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, Xeronise, AceInsidious, Micky, Markus

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907473

Even though I would want them to be removed this wont work and would only make things worse.
Focus on an update instead.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907501

Remove suits, but you'll probably need to somehow agree on a price tag for each suit so the players get refunded, and you'll have to edit the base rules, especially remove elevator bases once more
  • Fantasy
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 193

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907598

If they get removed I better have something pretty damn good when I come back.
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907599

SwiiFTz wrote:
SwiiFTz my dude wtf where did you dissapear off to
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907600

Jabbee wrote:
Nerf suits, dont remove them :]]]]
nerf hyper, make it so theres a timer before the tp dissapears
nerf evo, make it so you have wallhack maybe like 30sec, and then theres a cooldown

simple nerfs could make it a lot more fair

This fix will be huge for gaining playerbase again and the idea is so Simple plus Its easy to adjust by the owners. Why is it not happening is What I always wonder
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907601

Raeker wrote:
SwiiFTz wrote:
SwiiFTz my dude wtf where did you dissapear off to
I've become a console peasant
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907611

Blocked wrote:
I do not understand why everyone in here is wasting their energy and time posting these big ass rants while knowing that their suggestions won't even be read by the guys who are in charge, Onion's a dumbass for giving you guys false hope with this thread, just give it a rest.
Said this at the start lol
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907612

I heard that Capt1n will be working on a fix soon....

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, narexa, SwiiFTz, Denis

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907620

Blocked wrote:
I do not understand why everyone in here is wasting their energy and time posting these big ass rants while knowing that their suggestions won't even be read by the guys who are in charge, Onion's a dumbass for giving you guys false hope with this thread, just give it a rest.

Wow the truth hurts :(
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: spodermon

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907621

SwiiFTz wrote:

Big Fan
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907625

474 Denis wrote:
Mobile Task Force Gunner wrote:
If you're honestly voting no for this, Please kindly go back to the shithole community you came from. If you were actually here before the suits were introduced or when they were rare, You wouldnt even come close to voting no for this.
Are you backwards mate? Let me ask you this, if suits and special weapons were removed what would be left? In my opinion the main differentiators between ZARP and other bog standard DarkRP servers are the suits and special weapons. If you removed them you are left with a bland and boring server. Don't even get me started on "sUiTs rUiN aLl tHe sKiLl" cuz if you are playing Garry's Mod DarkRP to showcase/improve your shooting skill your are in the wrong place mate. Garry's Mod has fucking broken hitboxes and for a server to be able to run over 32 players well you need to reduce tickrate to 33. All you "oldschool" players keep riding the dick of the old server cuz you are blinded by nostalgia. When you logically weigh up the positives and negatives it's obvious that you shouldn't remove suits.

On the other hand since so many people have a problem with suits ruining gameplay for new users a basewars-style system could be implemented where users need a certain amount of printers so that if they had under the amount they would be making less money and if they had over the amount they would be eligible to raid for example.

Another way to fix it would simply be to buff the default normal and VIP printers and make it easier for normal users to make money and also you could increase the raid cooldown and so on.

There are so many smarter and more efficient ways of fixing these issues rather than just straight up removing suits or replacing them, a LOT of players on SSRP play it either just to get a suit or to play around with the suits they currently have and that is a fact.
(Note: When I say "Suits" in this comment, Im Mostly reffering to the suits that were added after the jugg suit).

First of all, I never said that the special weapons should be removed. So I have no idea where you got that from but whatever.
In your second arguement you say that if special weapons and suits get removed the server will be boring as all hell. Let me ask you this, Is that why the server was so popular well before the suits were introduced? The only part I agree with you in this arguement is the special weapons part, The special weapons are what sets zarp unique from other servers. The same cannot be said for the suits. If you argue that zarp will become a boring server after the suits get removed, Then let me ask you again, Is that why the server was so popular before the suits were introduced in the first place? Before the whole gencorp update (The update that introduced the suit system) The server was doing just as good if not better. Obviously it was not perfect and there was some problems, Most notably the special weapons being too OP which is a issue that will arise once again when the suits are removed. But thats a different issue and a different story and argueably the suit system is a much bigger issue then the special weapons. If suits are gonna get removed, Then a good portion of the special weapons would have to be nerfed. But like I said, Its a step by step approach, Prioritize the main issue then move on to the other.

Now onto the skill arguement. The issue is more about the fact that improving at this game actually feels rewarding. You can agree with me on this or you may not agree with me on this, But for me personally zarp has a rewarding kill system in the sense that its really satisfying to pull off something impressive, Not for showing off like a egotistical retard, But rather for satisfaction for accomplishment. Now I know I sound like a massive retard for saying that especially considering that we are discussing skill on a garrys mod server, But truely thats how it is. Zarp has a unique taste to it, a unique system that makes it satisfying to pull off something impressive especially when you pull it off with the dreadful hitboxes, All the odds are against you yet you manage to pull off something insane. No other server has that and thats one the of things that make zarp unique.

The hitbox issue. For some reason people always blame garrys mod and garrys mod only for the poor hitboxes and tickrate function. There is no doubt that garrys mod has one of the worst hit detection systems compared to other source related games. However, You cant just say that and run your servers on low tickrate just because the game is like that. Ive seen servers with full 75 / 90 players running on 66 / 33 tickrate just as fine, So why is it that zarp cannot run a server on a higher tickrate then 16? especially considering that the average amount of players playing in the last few months was little under 50 players. The 128 slots are overkill especially for server 2 where there is less then 30 players on the server on a daily basis.
16 tickrate is literally a joke, a couple of months ago I decided to calculate how off your hitbox can be relative to your playermodel and I found out that your hitbox in its maximum state (a millisecond before your hitbox updates) can be off by as much as around 30/40 CM when you're sprinting and that was just raw sprinting, imagine how fucked up that could be with amphetamine.

Onto the nostalgic arguement. What experiences do suits provide other then pay 2 win or retarded bullshit?, I would argue the only positive part about the suits is the satisfaction of ripping one but thats pretty much it. Obviously its fun to play in these suits no shit but its cancerous if you're on the recieving end of it. Look at it this way, The server is running on 16 tickrate in garrys mod so you know the hitboxes are already shit, You're fighting someone mid raid with a PSG, You keep pumping shoots into them and they dont die. But the one time you get a hit registered on them, They equip a hyper and a M202 and blow you to hell. What kind of bullshit is that? is that the game you wanna be playing? Fuck no especially when you consider that the game was not like this and you remember enjoying it when it was like this and that. Obviously new players cant understand that because they werent here to enjoy it before it all went to shit. And it all can be restored too. The current situation is pretty much compareable to something like call of duty. People dont want the new exosuits or futuristic bullshit, They want the game to back to its roots as that was a more enjoyable experience rather then the present cancerous suit gameplay. Zarp was well popular and fun way before the bullshit suits were added, Anyone who has actually played Zarp in its old days will say the same shit.

This is the kind of system that is undoubtable bullshit but that has embedded itself long enough into this community to be seen as a normal thing now. And it shouldnt be seen as a normal thing as things were much smoother and better before it was introduced. Not to say things were perfect before they were introduced though, The situation was pretty bad but the addition of the suits just kicked it while its down.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Mobile Task Force Gunner.

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907626

Blocked wrote:
Ikr lmao.

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907627

luke_ wrote:
SwiiFTz wrote:

Big Fan
Big fan
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tettra, luke_, jepppe

Should the suits be removed? 5 years 11 months ago #907795

Id like for suits to not be entirely removed, but rather reworked.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

122 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32