Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ☀️TTT August Update!☀️

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391602

MsRevine wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
the final word is of the dude that afks on the server all the time for the sake of time farming.!

Learn to express your opinion respectfully or don't express it at all. As much as I understand your frustration that a suggestion made within the past 24 hours has not yet been implemented, despite that suggestion having been accepted and implemented in this very update, Callum does do a lot for TTT. Who do you think it is working on these updates?

Stating the truth is not really a matter of respect or not. The past few days quite a bit of people, including myself, played on TTT and every single time he was time farming. By this, I am not saying that he is a shitty person or anything but he isn't very actively playing with the users that are on (despite activity). And it's okay not to implement it in an instant, but how about accepting it or at least explaining why was it denied instead of just a "no"? I don't think most of you realize that it ruins the motivation for players to even suggest anything or bother with the server...

I am sure all of you work hard with the updates and we're all grateful, but there's no need to be so condescending about suggestions that are actually wanted by the large majority of the playerbase and commenters on the suggestion.

Wait until she finds out that the suggestion was accepted and is being implemented in this update...

After Zoe made a post asking why her suggestion was denied and both have been locked... It still doesn't change the condescending mentality is around, and her suggestion was denied in first place. That is what needs to be fixed. She also didn't get an answer when she tried contacting the person in charge.

The suggestion was never denied. Jim_Jam simply replied to it originally before a decision had actually been reached between Callum and Jim_Jam and edited the reply accordingly once they'd actually made a final decision (they were deciding whether to remove it in the update or just delete the addon from the server and have it be implemented instantly on the next map change).

You also can't really go around being rude to Callum on the forums trying to call him out for "time farming" and then go on about him being "condescending" when in no way has Callum been condescending at all. You're much more likely to get favorable responses and quick implementation of your suggestions if you choose to be a little bit nicer!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Login or register to post a reply.

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391603

TheXnator wrote:
StephenS wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
the final word is of the dude that afks on the server all the time for the sake of time farming.!

Learn to express your opinion respectfully or don't express it at all. As much as I understand your frustration that a suggestion made within the past 24 hours has not yet been implemented, despite that suggestion having been accepted and implemented in this very update, Callum does do a lot for TTT. Who do you think it is working on these updates?

Stating the truth is not really a matter of respect or not. The past few days quite a bit of people, including myself, played on TTT and every single time he was time farming. By this, I am not saying that he is a shitty person or anything but he isn't very actively playing with the users that are on (despite activity). And it's okay not to implement it in an instant, but how about accepting it or at least explaining why was it denied instead of just a "no"? I don't think most of you realize that it ruins the motivation for players to even suggest anything or bother with the server...

I am sure all of you work hard with the updates and we're all grateful, but there's no need to be so condescending about suggestions that are actually wanted by the large majority of the playerbase and commenters on the suggestion.

Wait until she finds out that the suggestion was accepted and is being implemented in this update...

Wait until that gets properly communicated then

idk how much clearer they can make it

Don't crop out the edited part to make yourself look right
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391605

StephenS wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
StephenS wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
MsRevine wrote:

Wait until that gets properly communicated then

Don't crop out the edited part to make yourself look right

literally edited within like 30 mins of the initial post which just said ("not really") but sure
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by TheXnator.

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391606

Good stuff Jim Jam!
Seems like a great update, cant wait to check out
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Henny.

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391610

TheXnator wrote:

literally edited within like 30 mins of the initial post which just said ("not really") but sure

idk man I feel like there are a few better ways to make it clearer than editing a post in a locked thread, 45 minutes after it's been locked. But w/e
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

-Donny's a registered SO
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Oscar Bobb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Adriii, Nogtog, Skippergroe, Rose

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391612

StephenS wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

idk man I feel like there are a few better ways to make it clearer than editing a post in a locked thread, 45 minutes after it's been locked. But w/e

Thanks for summarizing what I was trying to say, I thought I was going crazy or something that I seriously can't be understood.
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • It's that me espresso
  • Thanks received: 2488
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar Bobb, Skippergroe, Rose

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391613

TheXnator wrote:
The original post said "no it isnt" in the brackets, clearly indicating that it was denied. Callum then didn't reply on discord, in-game or on the forums for close to an hour. The post asking why it was denied was just locked without saying anything and the post on the suggestion was edited, without anyone knowing. Thats pretty poor communication if you ask me.
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Miia, God dammit Ross, Adriii, Oscar Bobb and 4 more...

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391614

On another note, the update looks good! Thank fuck the jester is fixed
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, chiki

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391618

try not to have a scrap about the most minuscule, irrelevant and pointless details on a pointshop server challenge (very hard)
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391620

Callum is not AFK on the server for the sole reason of timefarming. - not saying there aren't expectations for staff get their activity. Callum just spends a lot of time on updates, and care a lot for the server. Just him being on the server, even in spec mode, he helps "boosting" the server ranking. That makes a very significant impact on the likelihood that players will join in the current, and near-ish future.
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391622

Chespin wrote:
try not to have a scrap about the most minuscule, irrelevant and pointless details on a pointshop server challenge (very hard)

(Failed)
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

-Donny's a registered SO

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391623

Kanna. wrote:
Callum is not AFK on the server for the sole reason of timefarming -Just him being on the server, even in spec mode, he helps "boosting" the server ranking.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Henny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gin, God dammit Ross, Adriii, Nogtog, Skippergroe

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391624

Kanna. wrote:
Callum is not AFK on the server for the sole reason of timefarming. - not saying there aren't expectations for staff get their activity. Callum just spends a lot of time on updates, and care a lot for the server. Just him being on the server, even in spec mode, he helps "boosting" the server ranking. That makes a very significant impact on the likelihood that players will join in the current, and near-ish future.
My brother in christ "boosting" the server rank isnt helping since players are just going to treat "2 current players" as the new "0 players", like I do. If I see 2/47 on the server list I just know its 2 dudes in afk and I cant be bothered to join
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Nogtog, Skippergroe, chiki

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391628

Gin wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
My brother in christ "boosting" the server rank isnt helping since players are just going to treat "2 current players" as the new "0 players", like I do. If I see 2/47 on the server list I just know its 2 dudes in afk and I cant be bothered to join

(actually servers get a massive negative in ranking (75 points) in terms of discoverability in the server browser based on whether or not the server is completely empty)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391634

TheXnator wrote:
Gin wrote:
Kanna. wrote:

(actually servers get a massive negative in ranking (75 points) in terms of discoverability in the server browser based on whether or not the server is completely empty)
common L from you
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391636

TheXnator wrote:
Gin wrote:
Kanna. wrote:

Boosting servers with alts gives you a more negative ranking :woohoo:
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391637

Nogtog wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Gin wrote:
Kanna. wrote:

common L from you

Fire song in your signature
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • It's that me espresso
  • Thanks received: 2488
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henny, Nogtog

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391639

MsRevine wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Gin wrote:
Kanna. wrote:

common L from you

Fire song in your signature
So true though, their best EP by a mile
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Nogtog

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391640

• Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin, Skippergroe, Rose, Sam.

☀️TTT August Update!☀️ 1 year 8 months ago #1391644

TheXnator wrote:
You're much more likely to get favorable responses and quick implementation of your suggestions if you choose to be a little bit nicer!

Fuck yourself, add it now you stupid twat!

Jokes aside, the update is looking neat. Good work Callum!
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

122 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT