Steam nickname: Archangel
Forum: Biolite
Forum Name: Archangel
Steam Id: STEAM_0.0:52764343
In-game: [ZARP] Archangel
Which server is this suggestion for?: Dark RP#1
What would you like to add?:
[size=360:iv8322v3]Staff Warning System[/size]
Many mods have been accused of abusing, and I am not proud to say that in some cases, its true.
But, in other cases, very small ones, mods have been demoted for breaking simple rules.
Using this staff warning system, we will be able to maintain a large staff without having to constantly demote mods. (Please note that if the abuse is serious, there will be no warnings, and a auto-demote)
Super admins- One warning
Admins- Three warnings
Mods- Five warnings
[size=360:iv8322v3]Admin chat[/size]
A specialized chat that only mods and admins can see. this chat will be a OOC one. One this chat, Mods and Admins can discuss issues such as demotes, or ask questions about rules they don't understand
[size=360:iv8322v3]A constantly Up-to-date MOTD[/size]
After major Updates, the MOTD may not be up-to-date. Instead of Updating the Server first, the MOTD should be updated first. This way there is no confusion about the rules

How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this? Above^
Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable? Much of this is administrative stuff, and exploiting it would not benefit the player in any way, shape. or form.
Additional notes: No
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4
Login or register to post a reply.

Mod stuff 11 years 1 month ago #6576

I am now complete. You may respond.
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

Mod stuff 11 years 1 month ago #6602

+Support, it would be also awesome if some of Admins could teach new mods like me :)
  • Bobai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30

Mod stuff 11 years 1 month ago #6604

I agree with the !motd, as many rules don't get updated in a fast fashion, the ever growing 'but an admin said' argument bursts lose. Rules should be in the rules, else a player can't be blamed for overstepping a invisible mark.

Admin chat works through @ to communicate, perhaps letting the admins know would be enough.

Now to get to the main suggestion, 'mod warning'. No offense, but I think this is a horrible excuse-salvation for the amount of abusing mods and admins. I've said this before, and I was told to shut because I'm not a part of the staff but: you need to seriously start considering giving every admin 2-3 mods to supervise. Or not even the admins, the trial admins. This way the mods will be taught, have someone they trust to reach out for with problems etc. Either way, it's all a matter of management. I haven't seen this amount of abuse in the entire time I've been on ZARP. I used to be the only one getting demote requests and appeals.

Giving the mods warnings will not solve the core issue of them abusing. They must understand the rank has responsibilities. And it more serious than most seem to think, it's not just a "game" once they gain powers. Instead, admins should care more for mods, and nurture them rather then saying 'OMG ANOTHER MOD ABUSER I BET HE BOUGHT'. Every single one of the mods are chances for you to show your qualities as mod/admin.

-support, sorry Archie!
  • Scottie

Mod stuff 11 years 1 month ago #6662

Scottie wrote:
I agree with the !motd, as many rules don't get updated in a fast fashion, the ever growing 'but an admin said' argument bursts lose. Rules should be in the rules, else a player can't be blamed for overstepping a invisible mark.

Admin chat works through @ to communicate, perhaps letting the admins know would be enough.

Now to get to the main suggestion, 'mod warning'. No offense, but I think this is a horrible excuse-salvation for the amount of abusing mods and admins. I've said this before, and I was told to shut because I'm not a part of the staff but: you need to seriously start considering giving every admin 2-3 mods to supervise. Or not even the admins, the trial admins. This way the mods will be taught, have someone they trust to reach out for with problems etc. Either way, it's all a matter of management. I haven't seen this amount of abuse in the entire time I've been on ZARP. I used to be the only one getting demote requests and appeals.

Giving the mods warnings will not solve the core issue of them abusing. They must understand the rank has responsibilities. And it more serious than most seem to think, it's not just a "game" once they gain powers. Instead, admins should care more for mods, and nurture them rather then saying 'OMG ANOTHER MOD ABUSER I BET HE BOUGHT'. Every single one of the mods are chances for you to show your qualities as mod/admin.

-support, sorry Archie!
I agree with this. If you were made staff, you made an agreement that you'd help and protect the server. Zero-tolerance for breaking this. As giving them warnings will only fuel them with more chances to abuse and for us to loose players for it.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 8
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

175 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT