Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one)

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375123

Server Name: ssrp

Suggestion Title: don’t change the hud to the one that’s being developed

How would it benefit the server:
the server doesn’t lose its unique charm
keeping the zarp look going
this can be done by recoding an exact replicate of the current menu but better supported for the extra features, no ifs or buts, it is 100% possible to do and just requires dedication.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Literally none.

Additional notes: this may upset those who are currently developing the newer menu due to the time and effort potentially wasted but fearless, you’d have no upset players.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by TheXnator. Reason: fixing your poll
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rae, DoSpiiR, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375124

fix my damn poll someone i done fucked up
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375125

tbh i understand WHY they need to refactor the code. But i cant think of a single reason they cant keep the same STYLE and color scheme as the current one. Even if it means changing the way you navigate tabs or something. But it just cant be a default UI style like the new one is going too. Its not going to be a quick refactor and im sure they will be pissed off having to do it. But i can only see the current "new" design causing more harm than good.

TLDR: There is no point refactoring so u can stop current limiations if they will cause no one to want to play....
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • 在智慧宝贝的爱的纪念中:操你
  • Thanks received: 279
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375127

ngl i hate the new menu as much as the other guy but did you guys not read the explanation why the new menu is needed? Xnator clearly said that the old menu is plagued with coding issues & that's why the new menu is being implemented. Personally cant hate on something that actually benefits Zarp in the long run.

THIS!!!
Shae wrote:
But i cant think of a single reason they cant keep the same STYLE and color scheme as the current one.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by RubyTheSlump.

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375128

RubyTheSlump wrote:
ngl i hate the new menu as much as the other guy but did you guys not read the explanation why the new menu is needed? Xnator clearly said that the old menu is plagued with coding issues & that's why the new menu is being implemented. Personally cant hate on something that actually benefits Zarp in the long run.
Did you even read the post, im asking to have the current menu recoded without drastic changes done unlike the preview we’ve all seen.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: Small Bloke In A Box On Wheels, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375129

Clarky wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
Did you even read the post, im asking to have the current menu recoded without drastic changes done unlike the preview we’ve all seen.

Motherfucker ur poll is regarding the menu and topic is regarding the HUD. Express yourself correctly or dont express yourself at all.
edit> this is not angry or salty, dont delete or ban lmao
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by RubyTheSlump.

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375130

The new menu is just super ugly and not unique, you can buy a look a like HUD on the gmod store which was clearly heavily influenced. Hell it’s even in the comments and Xnator had this up as an addon, just that he put his own touches to it but the general design is generic as fuck

• Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump, TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375132

RubyTheSlump wrote:
Clarky wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:

Motherfucker ur post is regarding the menu and poll is regarding the HUD. Express yourself correctly or dont express yourself at all.
clearly my post has hit a nerve if you’re having to add a edit disclaimer lol

fuck off
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump, TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375133

Clarky wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
Clarky wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:

Motherfucker ur post is regarding the menu and poll is regarding the HUD. Express yourself correctly or dont express yourself at all.
clearly my post has hit a nerve if you’re having to add a edit disclaimer lol

fuck off

ayO, fuck you clarky
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375163

Clarky wrote:
The new menu is just super ugly and not unique, you can buy a look a like HUD on the gmod store which was clearly heavily influenced. Hell it’s even in the comments and Xnator had this up as an addon, just that he put his own touches to it but the general design is generic as fuck

100% agree, new design is insanely boring and generic, looks like every other £4.99 gmodstore menu used on every other copy and paste darkrp server, zarp is fun and unique because its all so original and custom coded, its not something you can easily recreate on your own without skill and a shit load of time - this copy and paste counterpart is a complete downgrade.
i think if it was a new theme entirely with its own charm and its own unique design maybe i wouldnt be so opposed to it, i dont mind change that much, but the fact that its such a tasteless downgrade from what we already have, i dont see the point.
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Pack of Arseniy buckwheat.

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375172

:minussp:
i like the new f4
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 455

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375173

:plussp:
  • DoSpiiR
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yfz
  • Thanks received: 111
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375176

Use the fp reboot one it's such a unique and zarp style design. Literally still looks like the best menu I've seen for a gmod server.
  • _Max
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sup
  • Thanks received: 1002
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by _Max.

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375177

_Max wrote:
Use the fp reboot one it's such a unique and zarp style design. Literally still looks like the best menu I've seen for a golf server.

This was actually the original plan, but unfortunately the FP reboot one is also very very old code and would've needed completely recoding too, and still would've had the same issues as the current F4 menu regarding certain ZARP-specific features which have been added over the years not really being able to fit into that design properly.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375178

TheXnator wrote:
_Max wrote:
Use the fp reboot one it's such a unique and zarp style design. Literally still looks like the best menu I've seen for a golf server.

This was actually the original plan, but unfortunately the FP reboot one is also very very old code and would've needed completely recoding too, and still would've had the same issues as the current F4 menu regarding certain ZARP-specific features which have been added over the years not really being able to fit into that design properly.

i think most monkey brains think zarpf4=green so just modify the menu to look more zarpish and people will stop complaining.
Me monkey brain see gray everywhere me think bad
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375179

RubyTheSlump wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
_Max wrote:

i think most monkey brains think zarpf4=green so just modify the menu to look more zarpish and people will stop complaining.

Oh trust me you do not want to see what it looked like when I changed the theme to green...

and just in case you're curious:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by TheXnator.

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375180

RubyTheSlump wrote:
i think most monkey brains think zarpf4=green
because zarp is green
  • Killa Kappa
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Killa Kappa
  • Thanks received: 6721

contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pie_

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375181

TheXnator wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
_Max wrote:

Oh trust me you do not want to see what it looked like when I changed the theme to green...

I actually think that looks better lol
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, SwiiFTz, Clarky, RubyTheSlump, JoshuaIsGreat and 1 more...

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375182

TheXnator wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
_Max wrote:

it looks awful because u just slapped on green without experimenting with different colour schemes. maybe xnator u could add a theme page on the settings where the user can modify the f4 menu brackets and headers colours and background to their liking.
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP

[ssrp] recode F4 menu (current one) 2 years 2 months ago #1375183

maddox wrote:
I actually think that looks better lol
maybe if the frame and left panel was a bit brighter green and the central panel was like white it would look bit better (like the old f4 colour scheme)
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

165 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT