Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remove CDM rule

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142127

.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
:minussp:
better remove the damage! It is unfair to get damaged and the user who did it to you doesn't get in trouble! :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:

I think removing the rule is better simply because we can keep a roleplay aspect in the game, should somebody damage you with their car - just use a /me to warn them to stop or you’ll kill them.

I can frankly see this becoming an issue. If anything it can complicate things when it comes to RDM. I predict the newest player won't be completely up-to-date with the motion of the rules and will fail to /me before killing the vehicle driver.

Giving people the ability to do virtually anything they want to bystanders will not increase any forms of roleplay, it will only make it worse. It also doesn't make much sense for players to use /me upon taking damage, as it's only reasonable for them to retaliate.

That's why I believe our rule draft is optimal. The first section of the rule should act as a notifier to the players on the server - (this is pretty much what it means: "Don't be a nuisance to other players while driving your car") - and the second part simply specifies that, if you are intentionally trying to ruin another player's experience, only then will we take action.

As always, I'm open to being convinced, but at the moment I think this is the best way we can make the regulations surrounding Vehicles better.

[+] I'll draft a rule that conveys this better in a moment, seeing as our current draft doesn't quite portray the rule exactly as I would like.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rick Townsend. Reason: *
The topic has been locked.

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142128

Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
better remove the damage! It is unfair to get damaged and the user who did it to you doesn't get in trouble! :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:

I think removing the rule is better simply because we can keep a roleplay aspect in the game, should somebody damage you with their car - just use a /me to warn them to stop or you’ll kill them.

I can frankly see this becoming an issue. If anything it can complicate things when it comes to RDM. I predict the newest player won't be completely up-to-date with the motion of the rules and will fail to /me before killing the vehicle driver.

Giving people the ability to do virtually anything they want to bystanders will not increase any forms of roleplay, it will only make it worse. It also doesn't make much sense for players to use /me upon taking damage, as it's only reasonable for them to retaliate.

That's why I believe our rule draft is optimal. The first section of the rule should act as a notifier to the players on the server - (this is pretty much what it means: "Don't be a nuisance to other players while driving your car") - and the second part simply specifies that, if you are intentionally trying to ruin another player's experience, only then will we take action.

As always, I'm open to being convinced, but at the moment I think this is the best way we can make the regulations surrounding Vehicles better.

[+] I'll draft a rule that conveys this better in a moment, seeing as our current draft doesn't quite portray the rule exactly as I would like.

There is already things in place to prevent car mingling such as the way you can kos them via a /me the rule itself is virtually useless due to this and the changes within the vehicles on zarp making cdm impossible (in terms of cars killing users) I see your concerns about minging with vehicles but I aim to remove the rule because it is useless and causes confusion. Apart from the physical removal of the rule nothing else will change. People rarely use vehicles anyways.
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142130

A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

There is already things in place to prevent car mingling such as the way you can kos them via a /me the rule itself is virtually useless due to this and the changes within the vehicles on zarp making cdm impossible (in terms of cars killing users) I see your concerns about minging with vehicles but I aim to remove the rule because it is useless and causes confusion. Apart from the physical removal of the rule nothing else will change. People rarely use vehicles anyways.

A lot of players act dumb when confronted with a rule break that isn't explicitly stated. Hence why I want some additional clarification on Vehicle-related harassment. The rule I picture in my head won't impede on whatever actions you plan on doing, I'm sure of it. It's simply to save the staff members some sanity when confronting a stubborn player.

Also, some staff members enforce the rules almost right off the paper so enabling them to know the full extent of what players can do in vehicles will probably spare those people a fair bit of mistakes. Although this is applicable mostly to inexperienced staff members that are unfamiliar with interpreting the rules, I don't see why we wouldn't want them to perform better with the modification of this rule.

By all means, remove the rule. I'm sure we could manage without it. However, I believe we could save ourselves some time (and issues) if we choose to retain the rule and modify it to make things more effective & efficient when handling situations surrounding Vehicle-minging.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rick Townsend. Reason: *

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142154

Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

A lot of players act dumb when confronted with a rule break that isn't explicitly stated. Hence why I want some additional clarification on Vehicle-related harassment. The rule I picture in my head won't impede on whatever actions you plan on doing, I'm sure of it. It's simply to save the staff members some sanity when confronting a stubborn player.

Also, some staff members enforce the rules almost right off the paper so enabling them to know the full extent of what players can do in vehicles will probably spare those people a fair bit of mistakes. Although this is applicable mostly to inexperienced staff members that are unfamiliar with interpreting the rules, I don't see why we wouldn't want them to perform better with the modification of this rule.

By all means, remove the rule. I'm sure we could manage without it. However, I believe we could save ourselves some time (and issues) if we choose to retain the rule and modify it to make things more effective & efficient when handling situations surrounding Vehicle-minging.
Getting rid of a useless rule would save you more time in my opinion, what is the point in a player making a F1 to say "A player bumped me with their car" when they can just sort it with a /me, and if the player who was killed because of the /me claims it is invalid, they can create a report for RDM.

What I am trying to say is that the RDM rule can cover the whole /me situation, and also, what new players read the rules lol.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142155

Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

Getting rid of a useless rule would save you more time in my opinion, what is the point in a player making a F1 to say "A player bumped me with their car" when they can just sort it with a /me, and if the player who was killed because of the /me claims it is invalid, they can create a report for RDM.

What I am trying to say is that the RDM rule can cover the whole /me situation, and also, what new players read the rules lol.

Did you actually even read my post or not? Players wouldn't make those types of F1s because they wouldn't be included in the rule as a rule break. I'm just speaking about players fucking around and bothering random players (perpetually without end, not just once), and how they will try so hard to convince our newer staff members why it's alright. Stuff like this gets abused all the time and it's an issue because inexperienced staff won't know what to do when it comes to the smartass minges.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142157

Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

Did you actually even read my post or not? Players wouldn't make those types of F1s because they wouldn't be included in the rule as a rule break. I'm just speaking about players fucking around and bothering random players (perpetually without end, not just once), and how they will try so hard to convince our newer staff members why it's alright. Stuff like this gets abused all the time and it's an issue because inexperienced staff won't know what to do when it comes to the smartass minges.
You'd think that a staff member regardless of how new they are to the team would have a good knowledge of the ethos and rules, as well as thinking for themselves. If a staff member ever needs help, they can easily contact another staff member who will be able to help in situations like this.

Also if players are continuously bothering others with their vehicle they can handle it themselves.
I really don't get the point that you're trying to make if I am honest, like I said before, player will easily be able to handle this situations themselves
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Micky.

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142162

Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

You'd think that staff member regardless of how new they are to the team would have a good knowledge of the ethos and rules, as well as thinking for themselves. If a staff member ever needs help, they can easily contact another staff member who will be able to help in situations like this.

Also if players are continuously bothering others with their vehicle they can handle it themselves.
I really don't get your point that you're trying to make if I am honest, like I said before, player will easily be able to handle this situations themselves

Why are you bringing up what staff members should be lol, you do realize they need two weeks of activity as well as knowledge of the most basic rules & a clean rap sheet to get accepted right? Doesn't really require full knowledge of the rules

Also, virtually nobody reads the rules so why would a new player know to write "/me stop or die" before killing the person that damaged them with a car lol.

Btw bruh can we just conclude this discussion I literally got home from consequitive nights with The Boys™ like 4 hrs ago and I'm intoxicated, I really don't wanna spend the rest of my night talking about fucking cars. I don't even know if I agree with myself or if I'm just arguing against anything I see at this point. I almost replied to my own post debunking it which isn't a good thing innit.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142169

Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

You'd think that staff member regardless of how new they are to the team would have a good knowledge of the ethos and rules, as well as thinking for themselves. If a staff member ever needs help, they can easily contact another staff member who will be able to help in situations like this.

I really don't get your point that you're trying to make if I am honest, like I said before, player will easily be able to handle this situations themselves

Why are you bringing up what staff members should be lol, you do realize they need two weeks of activity as well as knowledge of the most basic rules & a clean rap sheet to get accepted right? Doesn't really require full knowledge of the rules

Also, virtually nobody reads the rules so why would a new player know to write "/me stop or die" before killing the person that damaged them with a car lol.

Btw bruh can we just conclude this discussion I literally got home from consequitive nights with The Boys™ like 4 hrs ago and I'm intoxicated, I really don't wanna spend the rest of my night talking about fucking cars. I don't even know if I agree with myself or if I'm just arguing against anything I see at this point. I almost replied to my own post debunking it which isn't a good thing innit.
You were talking about inexperienced staff, so I am just saying that they should know the rules and ethos to avoid falsely and stupidly punishing a player.

Secondly, obviously no one reads the rules so what effect would having the cdm rule stand and/or remade if players do not read it, I mean barely anyone uses cars on the server anyways.

Finally, eat bread or just throw up pussy, who goes on a lads night out on a Thursday
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142171

Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

You were talking about inexperienced staff, so I am just saying that they should know the rules and ethos to avoid falsely and stupidly punishing a player.

Secondly, obviously no one reads the rules so what effect would having the cdm rule stand and/or remade if players do not read it, I mean barely anyone uses cars on the server anyways.

Finally, eat bread or just throw up pussy, who goes on a lads night out on a Thursday

yeah agree on first point

second point yeah poo poo pee pee

im not throwing up thats gay i dont wanna clean
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142172

Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

When I am intoxicated, I try to throw up either outside or in the toilet, I don't know where you're aiming, but I cause no messes to clean up
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142173

Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Micky wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

When I am intoxicated, I try to throw up either outside or in the toilet, I don't know where you're aiming, but I cause no messes to clean up

lol i usually end up making a mess so thats why im not tryna throw up

edit: not even bad aim i just timing lmao
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rick Townsend.

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142189

Stop argue just remove
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142222

A Good Pianist wrote:
Stop argue just remove
It was a debate you slow boy
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142228

Micky wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Stop argue just remove
It was a debate you slow boy

Remove yourself from my thread u argumentative black
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142237

Huperchild wrote:
My idea is to remove the car damage entirely because there are people who will report you for "ARDMing" them because you took that 1 armor damage, even if it was on accident. My idea is to remove the car damage completely, and still let users do a "/me" if someone is harassing them with a car.

But hitting them with a car isn't ARDM?
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142240

A Good Pianist wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
My idea is to remove the car damage entirely because there are people who will report you for "ARDMing" them because you took that 1 armor damage, even if it was on accident. My idea is to remove the car damage completely, and still let users do a "/me" if someone is harassing them with a car.

ACDM :omegalul:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5419

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142243

Richard Hoffmann wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

ACDM :omegalul:

Oi retard that's a made up name
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Remove CDM rule 4 years 9 months ago #1142248

Huperchild wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

Well jek boshres said he will warn me for ARDM when i kept hitting him with my car!!!

Did u get warned? I didnt think so. It's called a deterrent. Or I'm simple terms telling someone a punishment that will occur to deter people from breaking the law in this case the rules of the server
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

175 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun