Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestion around scamming.

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140272

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
Stupid idea, I like this one better like we always did | >Scammers doesnt pay up?<??? perma ban him
faroease kiddo
But if the scammer has the item then he should literally be forced to pay up. At least in my opinion
Are you silly? He is forced to pay up, if he wants to rejoin the server then he pays.
What if he doesn't want to rejoin? Then he just successfully scammed someone. The victim didn't get their winnings. There should be a system where if the scammer has the item but doesn't want to pay up the victim still gets their winnings. And of course, the scammer would still be punished for attempting to scam.
If he chooses not to pay up and stay banned, then he stays banned. When you gamble theres always a risk that you could get scammed. If you dont want to get scammed, dont gamble.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140276

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
Stupid idea, I like this one better like we always did | >Scammers doesnt pay up?<??? perma ban him
faroease kiddo
But if the scammer has the item then he should literally be forced to pay up. At least in my opinion
Are you silly? He is forced to pay up, if he wants to rejoin the server then he pays.
What if he doesn't want to rejoin? Then he just successfully scammed someone. The victim didn't get their winnings. There should be a system where if the scammer has the item but doesn't want to pay up the victim still gets their winnings. And of course, the scammer would still be punished for attempting to scam.
If he chooses not to pay up and stay banned, then he stays banned. When you gamble theres always a risk that you could get scammed. If you dont want to get scammed, dont gamble.
There shouldn't be a risk to get scammed. That's why there's a no scam rule.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140277

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
And funnily enough that rule means if someone scams you, they get punished.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140280

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
Then again, there should be made further attempts to stop scamming.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140285

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
Giving open access to a players inventory is not the correct or logical way to go about this. The player is already forced to pay if he decides he wants to be unbanned. You cant force a player to want to come back.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140287

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
Giving open access to a players inventory is not the correct or logical way to go about this. The player is already forced to pay if he decides he wants to be unbanned. You cant force a player to want to come back.
As I've said before in other replies, there could be made restrictions to how this will be done. This was just an idea that can be worked upon.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140296

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
As I've said before in other replies, there could be made restrictions to how this will be done. This was just an idea that can be worked upon.
No its an awful idea that will not be implemented. Even with restrictions there is too many risks that will come from this. Its a stupid idea
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140349

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
hann er altid forced to pay up, hann verur perma banndur og so kemur hann grátandi aftur og sigur ''uha im willing to pay up if i get unbanned'' altid veri sodan
Nah, a guy CFed me hyper vs hyper and he lost but didn't pay up. He had the item but chose to be perm banned and he still hasn't made an appeal. It's been months as well

well that's his problem if he doesnt want to play zarp again, whenever he wants to join back he HAS to give you the Hyper
  • Kylie
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • (͡o‿O͡)
  • Thanks received: 266

Junrey Balawing: and chief is probably 34

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140351

Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
hann er altid forced to pay up, hann verur perma banndur og so kemur hann grátandi aftur og sigur ''uha im willing to pay up if i get unbanned'' altid veri sodan
Nah, a guy CFed me hyper vs hyper and he lost but didn't pay up. He had the item but chose to be perm banned and he still hasn't made an appeal. It's been months as well

well that's his problem if he doesnt want to play zarp again, whenever he wants to join back he HAS to give you the Hyper
But if a system like this but more thought out was implemented then people wouldn't need to WAIT for months to get their items.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140354

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo

But if a system like this but more thought out was implemented then people wouldn't need to WAIT for months to get their items.
Wouldnt work out well if the Community owners could only do it than it could be a thing, but before cfing someone trade him and see if he actually has the item you both show it, get a Admin+ safest way is middleman both give the admin the stuff > winner gets it
  • Kylie
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • (͡o‿O͡)

Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Kylie.

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140356

Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo

Wouldnt work out well if the Community owners could only do it than it could be a thing, but before cfing someone trade him and see if he actually has the item you both show it, get a Admin+ safest way is middleman both give the admin the stuff > winner gets it
There just aren't that many admins that "have the time" to middleman. Maybe implement a system to the /coinflip command where the items get taken from your inventory once you accept the coin flip, then the winner gets both items when the coin flip ends.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140359

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo

There just aren't that many admins that "have the time" to middleman. Maybe implement a system to the /coinflip command where the items get taken from your inventory once you accept the coin flip, then the winner gets both items when the coin flip ends.
thats actually something that would work, admins should always have time but maybe they are busy nuking or afk thats another story, but its their job to help people when i was staff i always was middleman helping people with boosterpacks/vip deals always worked out well but the system you're talking about is the same a middleman can do but i see what you mean maybe chute could look into that
  • Kylie
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • (͡o‿O͡)

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140360

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Kylie wrote:
faroease kiddo
Just stop being impatient
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140361

I wouldn't suggest a rule for this. I would more make a suggestion and a detailed description of a possible addon that dead could possible make. In this addon it would add to the /coinflip cammond. It would open some sort of user interface that would allow the users to pick and choose what items/cash from there inventory they would like to coinflip. They would both go into some sort of lets say "box" on each of the users screen. along with this it would give you the option to eaither "flip a coin" or RDG a number.
You would also be able to change such outcomes as "lowest/highest" "number of turns(ft3, ft4,ft5 ETC).

TLDR
A btec cs;go gambling site. with features/functions
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6391
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Micky, Mr. Richard

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140362

jack bushrsos wrote:
I wouldn't suggest a rule for this. I would more make a suggestion and a detailed description of a possible addon that dead could possible make. In this addon it would add to the /coinflip cammond. It would open some sort of user interface that would allow the users to pick and choose what items/cash from there inventory they would like to coinflip. They would both go into some sort of lets say "box" on each of the users screen. along with this it would give you the option to eaither "flip a coin" or RDG a number.
You would also be able to change such outcomes as "lowest/highest" "number of turns(ft3, ft4,ft5 ETC).

TLDR

A brilliant idea indeed! :clap:
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140363

jack bushrsos wrote:

TLDR
Thanks for making the suggestion for me. I was too lazy to write something sensible.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140365

GreenZapperZ wrote:
jack bushrsos wrote:

TLDR
Thanks for making the suggestion for me. I was too lazy to write something sensible.
Not sure if your trolling or not tbh. But, you should just rewrite it so it isnt as dumbo as my one!
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6391
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Micky

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140366

jack bushrsos wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
jack bushrsos wrote:

TLDR
Not sure if your trolling or not tbh. But, you should just rewrite it so it isnt as dumbo as my one!
I'm being serious. The system you came up with would be a remarkable one. I'll rewrite it whenever I wake up fully.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion around scamming. 4 years 8 months ago #1140371

Not happening.

#Denied
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny