Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/StoneboxTravis
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:34915405
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Travis/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/Travis/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/Travis/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: 200+ hours

Languages I speak: English

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
My time as moderator has been a fun and good learning experience I have learnt how to handle F1s, disputes between players, how to tell when someone is lying and other good skills but,
I believe that I cannot do enough as a Moderator and require more powers to be able to effectively moderate the server for instance at times when there are literally no admins on and you're trying to keep Server 1 under control as just a mod.
I would say from my nights trying to do just that I have the required experience in order to do the admin job.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):

Two users were bickering, I had warned both of them about 10 minutes one for prop pushing around map the other for RDM before this happened but one was accusing me of being biased ranting in ooc chat and wouldn't stop, I then get an F1 in from one of them accusing the other of RDM again,
I thought enough is enough they're not gonna cut it out if we do this normally so I got an admin and sat them out for 5 mins explained you can't do this and we're gonna start doing more than just warnings if you two really cant stay away from each other for more than 5 mins. The player who was accusing me of being biased,
continued to say I never warned the other player so we showed him the logs so he didn't feel as if it was just him getting the punishment.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:

There will be people who want to work with you and others who just want to get out of your sit and back to doing things to annoy other players, you need to determine which type of player they are, you also want to keep a general eye out when RPing.
When you're on your first couple days this will be where you need to really prove yourself as a moderator so be ready to do F1 after F1, be fair when listening to both sides. The person you've come to speak to about the F1 may of even broke the rules and then cried wolf to try get out of it, or, the person who put the F1 in is entirely innocent but he's accused the wrong person.
You've gotta be able to think outside the box and see things from another persons perspective in order to effectively and fairly moderate the server. Set yourself up a teleport bind as a moderator so you can effectively use the teleport system as thats the main thing you're going to rely on.

F1 menu - This is where you check the logs, current pending F1s, active NLRs and people with warnings in the server.

F6 menu - You can check previous warns, bans and other notifications on players currently in the server

Here are some commands you will need: -

/goto (steamID) - Go to a player
/bring (steamID) - Bring a player to you
/back - Without a SteamID it will move you back to your previous position, with a SteamID it will move that player to their previous position.
/warn (SteamID) (Reason) - This will add a warning to a player
/kick - Used for when you need to remove a player from the server immediately. E.g. Mass prop spam that could crash the server
/freeze & /unfreeze - Used to freeze a player and stop him from moving, being killed, being arrested.

It is also possible to use most of your commands by using the Tab button menu, find the player you want to moderate on the list, click on their name and it will show moderation controls you can do.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Depending on how they were acting when I dealt with them in the game, if they seemed genuine and not like every other troll that prop spams then I would be open to saying yes to the appeal but if he's been disrespectful ingame but soon after he gets banned he then cleans his act up I would say he could stay
on the ban list for a bit longer and actually learn that he shouldn't act like that.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words):

I believe I have spent enough time as a Moderator and learnt the ropes, I need extra abilities like being able to grab players with the phys gun and able to noclip it would make finding rule breakers and bases that print with building/rp house signs a lot easier.
When I am on late at night on Server 1 I will be able to improve the behavior as I will be able to ban those serious rule breakers that usually get away with it late at night due to the lack of admins to enforce the rules. I also believe I am a friendly approachable person and can answer most questions a player would have about the game.
  • TravisFM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hello i am travis
  • Thanks received: 1
boss man
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by TravisFM. Reason: Added more commands and F menus
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #661317

For the "train a Moderator" response, you should definitely add some commands that are used and explain what they do, will make them less confused about what commands to use at certain times, sits, etc.
  • Ashy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • knowledge above all nonsense
  • Thanks received: 275
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravisFM

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #661322

Hi yeah very good point I added something like what you said to my application I would say that's better
  • TravisFM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hello i am travis
boss man

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #661327

Good to see you applying, you have no accepted reports on you which is good, best of luck, you got my vote.
  • JoeyRecon
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 自閉症
  • Thanks received: 414
Bring back ROY
Xnator i want LM back
Ex-Legendary Member
Ex-Head Admin Murder
Ex-Super Admin SSRP
Ex-BHOP Admin x3
Ex-Teamspeak Staff

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #662331

Great guy should be admin already you have my vote!
:plussp:
  • Jake_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ✪SSRP Admin✪ ✪Murder Moderator✪
  • Thanks received: 20

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #662550

bump
  • TravisFM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hello i am travis
boss man

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #662613

:support:
Active, Friendly, generally a nice guy and being an admin would just increase his potential.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

[SSRP Administrator] Travis's Application 6 years 8 months ago #664343

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a part of the ZARP staff.

Before you get started, another admin will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. There’s also a handy guide created by the community which should help you get up to speed with your new menus & commands. And don’t forget you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP DarkRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM UTC

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Teamspeak server (IP: ts.zarpgaming.com). You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

185 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127