[SSRP Admin] TheBrohman's Application #2 9 years 11 months ago #46991

RP Name

John Everdeen

Link to Steam Profile

steamcommunity.com/id/TheBrohman/

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:60264641

Current Gametracker Profile

www.gametracker.com/player/TheBrohman/94.23.19.200:27015/ (reason for low activity on some wedensdays is because it is teen club)

15 years old

Estimated Server Time

Almost 170 hours

Languages I speak

English pretty good, Fluent Norwegian, and I understand Swedish and Danish. I know some Spanish (taking lessons on school).

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.

As my time as Moderator so far, I have learned very much that I didnt know, about rules and such. I have enjoyed every single moment of it. When I have helped someone, I lean back and smile, happy that I made someone happy, by helping them. Due to timezones, I am very much on duty, when there isnt that much staff online, even though it is only around 7 players online.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).

I have had some F1's where I dont know what to do, but then I have asked for assistance from either an admin, or another moderator. The hardest one must have been when there was two players agruing over what the f1 was about (it was RDM), and none of them listened to me. I then froze both of them, since one of the pulled up a gun, I froze the other person, in case he should pull up a gun to, and they started to disrespect me for not doing my job properly, and they said I had to ask what was wrong and such, which I did, but they was just arguing, and they didnt listen to me.

I then found out that I should mute them, so they could listen to what I had to say, and this worked. I then warned the RDM'er for rdm, and then I tped them back to spawn, and unfroze and unmuted them.

If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?

Dear <playername>,

First of all, I want to congratulate you on being accepted as moderator.

Before I will explain the commands, I will just tell you a little bit about being moderator.

When you are on duty, you can not involve in any sort of RPing, since, you obviously are there to help people with their propblems. Sometimes, you will face hard F1s, where you are not sure what to do. I highly recommand that you call for assistance, either from another mod, or an admin, to help you. But after a couple days, you understand how to handle them, and you can manage to finish a F1 in a matter of minutes.

As mod, you get many different commands, and here I will explain all of them.

/slay <playername/steamid/steamname> <normal/explode/silent/rocket>. This one kills the target player, and with different effects. Use this to punish for example Citizens with heavy guns.

/tp (optional name). If you dont put in a name, it will tp you to the spot where your crosshair is. If you put in a name it will teleport the target player(s).

/slap <player> <how much damage> <how many times>. This is also a way to punish someone, making them take the damage you you specify, the times you slap them, and maybe, some fall damage.

/ignite <player name> (time). This command makes the specified player start to burn. If you dont put in a time, he will burn until extinguished. The entered time is in seconds.

/unignite <player name>. Use this to extinguish a burning player.

/freeze <playername> (how long in seconds). With this command you can freeze players. A good situation to do this is if there is a mass rdm'er at spawn, you can freeze him, and then take him somewhere to talk with him, and warn him. remember to unfreeze them so they wont be stuck in all eternity.

/unfreeze <playername>. This command unfreezes the player, so they can move again.

/kick <playername> <reason> Use this if there is a propspammer trying to crash the server.

/goto <playername>. This teleports you to the targeted player.

/bring <playername> (optional playername) . If only one name is entered this will teleport the targeted player to you. If you enter two names, it will teleport the first name to the second name.

/voicemute <playername> this mutes a player so he cannot talk through his mic. Remember to unmute them so they can talk again.

/unvoicemute <playername> so he can talk again, through he mic.
/warn <playername> <reason> Use this to warn players for the rules they are breaking (EG: /warn Bob NLR)
/unwarn <playername> Use this if you warn the wrong person, or warn for wrong reason.
All of these commands can be found in the tab menu, if you click on a player. I should also mention, with for example the bring/tp command, is that if there is, lets say, one person named “Bob the builder” and one named “Olbob”, and you write /bring Bob, both of them will be teleported to you, since they both have the word “bob” in their name.

Now I wish you all luck with your time as moderator. If you need any help, just message me either ingame, on TeamSpeak, or on Steam, where my name is TheBrohman.

Regards, John Everdeen.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Dear <player name>,

I banned you for propspamming, which is a serious rule breaking crime in Zarp DarkRP. By looking at this ban appeal I see that you really want to be unbanned, hopefully, and since this is your first ban, I am going to shorten the ban to 3 days.

Regards, John Everdeen.

Why I should be promoted (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).

I think that I should be promoted, because I love to help other players with their problems, and as admin I can help even more people. When I am on duty, alone on the server (which actually happens very often) It is a bit annoying to not have any admins on to for example remove some props.

I have loved every second of my time as moderator, and hopefully it will be hell lot of more seconds. As administrator I would also be much more on duty, to help people that need help. I have also noticed that when there isn’t any admins on, players often places random props, and when I tell them to remove it, they don’t, so I have to warn them for not listening to mod, and random props. If I get promoted, there will be an admin on almost the whole day.
I know that I have had my up and downs, but I can change, and with more responsibility, it is easier to change, at least for me, cause I know I have to be straight on. I love critism (not sure how to type that), to help me improve.

Thanks for reading my app! It may be some mess, but I think it is fine.
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 38
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] TheBrohman's Application #2 9 years 11 months ago #47446

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Here is a pie chart displaying the result:

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

However, the meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Breaks rules.

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

163 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT