[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46798

-RP Name:
DarthVader
-Link to Steam Profile:
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101240979/
-Current Gametracker Profile:
1. www.gametracker.com/player/DarthVader/94.23.19.200:27015/
2. www.gametracker.com/player/Lebanese98/94.23.19.200:27015/
(Lebanese98 is my old steam name, sorry for that)
-Estimated Server Time:
150 hours
-Languages I Speak:
English, French, and Arabic

.Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
I think that during my time as moderator (which is around 80 hours), I truly learned the meaning of professionalism, since it is not as simple as it looks. I had to handle many F1 requests where the user would be very immature, and literally starts to cry sometimes, but I still have to hold myself together to please him and really help him solve his problem. There have also been other times when someone gets angry and starts to shout through the mic, but I was very patient while dealing with his problem and continued to deal with it till the very end. My time as a moderator also taught me how to deal with almost every situation, where they really needed some thinking to be solved. I also became more familiar with the commands and the rules, and I understood how important it is to not abuse my powers, since I am here to please the users and help the players before pleasing myself.

.Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: Defiant user.):
One of these situations was on May 10th, where I got an F1 about RDA. I went to check what was going on, and I found out that there was a speed hacker who was RDAing players. There were no admins online to ban him, so my colleague CombatYapper kicked him from the server, but then his game crashed (I guess) and I was the only moderator on the server then. I directly contacted Dcxbigdaddy and gave him his Steam ID so he can ban him, but he told me to wait until the hacker rejoins and tell him. The hacker then rejoined, but he changed his name, and he kept on changing it, so I started to teleport to players who said that they saw him hacking to know his name. I tried to freeze him but I couldn't, which might be because of the hack. I told Dcxbigdaddy to come, and as soon as he joined, I gave him the hacker's name and we were on the run after him. We couldn't freeze him, but eventually Dcxbigdaddy caught him with his physgun and he got banned.

.If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Hello Norris, congratulations, you are now part of the ZARP Staff. Always keep in mind that you are an image of the staff, never abuse your powers, and always try to help others, even if you were not on duty. When you press F1 as a moderator, you can now see F1 requests, warnings, and the log with a search bar, where you can type in the name of a player to check his actions on the server. You can also copy his Steam ID and other player info from there if you ever need it. While dealing with F1 requests or any user on the server, you should always act professionally and maturely, and greet them as follows : "Hello [name], my name is Norris, and I am here to deal with your F1 request, how may I help you?" Always ask the player if he needs anything else before marking an F1 as finished, and before sending them back say: "Have a nice day :D". When you open the F1 menu to deal with requests, right click on a request and press handle it. Then you can right click on it again to bring the player, goto the player, or mark this request as done. All of the commands that you need for handling an F1 are present in the tab menu if you press on a certain player. These commands include: Bring - goto - teleport - warn - unwarn - kick - slay - slap - ingnite - freeze - unfreeze. You can also type in the commands in chat as follows:
/bring [name] : Brings the player who you typed his name in to you
/goto [name]: takes you to the player who you typed his name in
/tp : teleports you to the location you are pointing at with your crosshair
/tp [name]: teleports the player who you typed his name to the location that you are pointing at with your crosshair
/slap [name] [#] [#]: slaps the player that you type his name in, the first number represents the amount of damage of every slap, and the second one represents the number of slaps
/ignite [name]: ignites the player that you typed in his name and it lets him lose hp
/unignite [name]: unignites the player who you typed in his name
/freeze [name]: freezes the player who you typed in his name
/unfreeze [name]: unfreeze the player who you typed in his name
/warn [name] [reason]: warns the player that you type his name in, with a reason. 3 warns lead to a kick, and 4 a temporary ban
/unwarn [name]: removes the last warn that was issued to a player. Note that you should not remove the warn of another staff member without his consent
/kick [name] [reason]: kicks the player with the typed in name with the reason of his kick
(Note that you should not tp or bring another staff member without his consent)
Basically this is everything you need to know, but remember that you should never abuse your powers, you should ask an admin or super admin if you need to ban someone, ask them for help if you ever need anything, don't break any rules, be active on the forums, tp the player you are dealing with to a place away from other players so you don't interrupt their RP or disturb them, build a good relationship/reputation amongst other staff members, always have video proof (or screenshots) of you dealing with anyone so that you can use it if anyone ever posts anything negative about you, and always remember that you are a moderator for the sake of the server and the players :D .
Good Luck with your new rank, add me on Steam so you can contact me if you ever need anything,
-Regards, DarthVader

.Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?:
Hello Norris, as you know you got a permaban for propspam, which many times lags the server or crashes it. As you have made the effort to write this uban appeal with great detail, and since this is your first ban, and you are really sorry for what you did and it seems that you really want to get back on our servers, I will shorten your ban to 1 weeks, hoping that you would not propspam again.
-Regards, DarthVader

.Why should I be promoted (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words):
Well, I have been a moderator for about two weeks now, I really gained good knowledge of everything I have to know about moderating, as well as gaining experience. I am very active on the servers, and I have moderated the server for more than 80 hours, where I was mod on duty most of the times, and I would interrupt my RP many times to handle requests. I am very friendly with everyone, I never abused my powers, and I have already helped new moderators who recently became a part of the ZARP Staff. For two weeks now, I get at least two requests where I need admin powers to deal with them. For example, when I tp to a player, I get stuck in the walls or under the map, I needed noclip to get inside a rulebreaker's base, I needed to catch a mass or mutant RDMer with a physgun since they were far away for me to see their names and freeze them while they where on the run, and I encountered many players who deserved a ban, but no admins where online so I can ban them (I can just warn them or kick them, but they would then rejoin and I would kick them again). I also don't see myself as a power abuser, since I really see this as a game, where if I abuse I won't be gaining anything, and if I put myself in the "person I am abusing"'s shoes, I wouldn't be happy, and I would make a demote appeal, whereby I would be demoted. I really think that I can help make the server even better if I became an admin, as admins are usually offline at the times where I am on the server, when admins are truly needed, and finally, I am really committed to my job on the server, and I consider the ZARP community as my second society and home :D.

- Wish me luck so the two hours that I sacrificed for writing this don't go to waste, I put a lot of effort on this application because I want to help the server even more, DarthVader

EDIT: I don't know if the TP incident affects my application, but anyways here is the link to the post where i explained what happened and apologized: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/6-general...e-who-got-tped-today
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DarthVader.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46799

Forum moderator I accidentally posted it to general discussions, please move this application to the correct section :D
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46800

Dear DarthVader,
You're application also has a flaw in it, the Email to the moderator Question, needs to be between 200, and 300 words.

Yours has 627.

I believe you need a week more, to improve for admin.

Other then that, your a active moderator, and I see on duty most of the time.
Verdict : -Support
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Morgan.

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46801

I don't see a problem with having more words than needed.. But that's my opinion.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46802

Just going by what the question is asking and stating. But again, you are entitled to your opinion.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46803

Well you are probably right, because its not saying 200-300 Words for no reason..
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46805

Anyways Morgan, it says to give him "the full grasp", which I see is more important than the word limit. Also about the -support, i dont think that this word limit issue should get me this, a neutral maybe? Why not. Ap4ch3, what's your opiniom about me and the application?? :)
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #46883

-Bump- third page
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47013

I see no problem with writing 600 words. the guy worked hard to do this.He is trying to answer the more important part of the question, which is giving the moderator the full grasp

I see darthvader active most of the time and he is really helpful and nice. he does his best to help people and spends a lot of time on duty. He is really looking forward to become admin.

+SUPPORT
  • hmshark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7
Former Harper- but the gang is dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47111

Thank you for the support hmshark :D You really seem to appreciate my work on this application :)
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47226

The 200-300 words requirement is there so you can show that you can explain alot of things in few words.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47227

Finaly a moderator which has my full support of becoming an Admin on the server.
You are a professional moderator and are good with people. you know how to handle your F1's.
And when you do something wrong you do appologies on the forum,just like you did last time and i find that very mature of you.
In game you are a nice guy, my clan and i have 0 issues with you.
You got our full support and we hope you will become an admin soon.
  • Giovanni
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 9

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47229

Thank you very much for your support Giovanni :D Quick question, what is the name of your clan?
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47232

DarthVader, I don't think you are ready for Admin rank, yet because you have received tier one warning recently because you have teleported more then 50% of the server, another reason is that you didn't change amount of words in your "If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:" question even though many people told you about it and it tells me that you don't really listen criticism but there are few good things about you that I like for example that you are very active and you are on duty most of the times, this time I can't give you support but I can promise you if you will carry on to do what you are doing now, you will get my support next week (If you don't get promoted this week), as I said I don't think you are ready for Admin rank and my verdict will be stated below but It might always change, I still want to wish you good luck and again, do what you are doing right now and you will go far.

-SUPPORT!

Regards!
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
  • Thanks received: 64

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47243

Hello Sortus, thank you for the feedback. I would just like to tell you that I didnt receive a tier one warning, as I talked to Chris and showed him what happened, and he saw that it wasnt tp abuse, since I accidentally inserted a symbol in tp because I didnt know that those dont work. I linked the post that has video proof of what happened in the end of this application. And about the word limit, i remember reading another application once, where the person who applies said that he asked Chris about the word limit, and he told him: The more the better. That is why I didnt edit the email question. I responded to everyones criticism stating that I gave the "full grasp" more importance than the word limit part. Anyways, I thank you again for commenting on this application, and for recognizing my hard work :D

EDIT: This is from TheBrohman's Admin Application:
Double0Jewlly wrote:
Hello <strong>TheBrohman</strong>

Nice application man but you may want to change the amount of words in your email is has 633 words and is only supposed to have 200-300.

Other than that a great moderator never had any issues with you as a player or moderator and I feel will strive in the Admin role.

<strong>+Support</strong>

- jellybean

First off, thanks for the kind words.

I asked Chris if it had to be between 200-300 words, cause I had over 500. He then replied with: "The more the better."

Regards, TheBrohman aka John Everdeen
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47263

DarthVader, if Chris said it's okay to have more words then 300, then it is fine and if you didn't get warned it is also fine my verdict is changed to +SUPPORT! and I wish you good luck!

Regards!
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
  • Thanks received: 64

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47264

Yes
  • Deputy-Lou
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 53

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47280

DarthVader wrote:
Thank you very much for your support Giovanni :D Quick question, what is the name of your clan?

Teamrocket
  • Giovanni
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 9

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47312

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I just checked gametracker, and it shows zero hours on wed. And thurs. , though i played for more than an hour on both of those days. I ask the staff team to take this into consideration when they vote, and Im sure that someone saw me in-game on those 2 days, so please, if you did, do tell :) (As witnesses of me playing :p )
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

[SSRP ADMIN] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #47403

Bump page 3
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza