Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DrugButts Moderator Application

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36302

RP Name Right now its: Sir Wellington DrugButts
-I change my name a lot, but it will always have DrugButts in it

Link to Steam Profile My Profile

SteamID STEAM_0:0:42594273

Age 19 in 2 months

Estimated Server Time Around 15 hours(Low I know)

Languages I speak: English

DarkRP Related
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match is killing someone for absolutely no reason at all (AKA RANDOM). This can be done by any class in DarkRP. An example scenario is, say someone becomes a gun dealer, hides in some alley or rooftop, proceeds to buy lots of guns for himself and then sits on said rooftop and just starts open firing upon the unsuspecting innocent civilians running in horror throughout the streets.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule is when you die your "In-game character" forgets his/her's previous life(who killed you, why you were killed, and so on). An example of the New Life Rule would be,(which is also the most common way NLR is broken in DarkRP) you're a pesky gangster stowed away in your base, farming printers and minding your own business when BOOM doors are being picked, bullets are flying in every which direction. You land some shots, your raiders land some shots on you, then BAM, you take a M4 bullet right between the eyes and go down instantly. You then proceed to respawn, take a weapon and ammo out of your inventory and run back to your base. You find those raiders that JUST KILLED YOU and you murder them from behind. (Since they killed you, you are not allowed to return to your base until they have left, because you no longer know they are raiding you/no recollection of what just happened.)

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is using non Role Play information and using it to your RP advantage. It is also giving out RP information through Non-RP means. A quick and simple example of Metagaming is using OOC/Out Of Character chat by typing // and telling people RP info/asking people RP questions, like "where do I buy guns at," "can you arrest so and so," "so and so has printers in his base." These are all examples of Metagaming is using // chat, but are not metagaming is you use /advert or /pm chat.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
Why I think I should be chosen? Where do I start ;) I'm going to start with my experience in DarkRP. First off, I use to own my own DarkRP server. It was up for around 5 months and always had 20+ people in it. Secondly I was SuperAdmin in a very popular RP server awhile back for around a year before they had to shutdown. I have probably 1700+ hours playing DarkRP(2700 hours total in Garrys Mod). While I play, I always have sound/use a microphone, I am always in teamspeak also when I play. I know the rules front to back by heart from experience. I am a great guy, I don't use foul language(mainly because the community I have been part of in Garrys Mod for the past 2 years doesn't allow harsh language), so I know when and how to censor myself as necessary. Another reason why I think I should be chosen is I play at all hours of the day, midnight/noon it doesn't matter. Also from what I have been noticing(even from this exact moment as I'm on the server as I write this out) there is not a single admin/mod on and there are 60+ people on and there is chaos spreading. I don't plan on playing any other DarkRP servers because out of the 100+ I have played this is by far my favorite.

Sorry if this was way too long lol. I just wanted to make sure I covered everything 100%.

• DrugButts
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
The topic has been locked.

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36312

Didn't you just joined the community?
  • Xhantium
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex CM
  • Thanks received: 99

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36321

I think you should play more in the community,
the overall application was fine but.. You need experience with the ZARP community.

- Support for now.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by illuminatixs.

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36322

It's ok, I understand. I was going to wait a week+ to post the application but, the past 3 days I've been playing 80% of the time there are no admins/moderators on. Which to me is ruining the server because once that happens the entire server goes into complete anarchy. Nothing against the admins/mods it's just I think there should always be one on at all times.
  • DrugButts
  • Fresh Boarder

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36324

DrugButts wrote:
It's ok, I understand. I was going to wait a week+ to post the application but, the past 3 days I've been playing 80% of the time there are no admins/moderators on. Which to me is ruining the server because once that happens the entire server goes into complete anarchy. Nothing against the admins/mods it's just I think there should always be one on at all times.
And there usually is. But think about it, it's december, people are busy.
You seem to be a nice guy, and knows the rules. But as you said, I think you should wait. Get to know the mods/admins.
  • Beagle
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 14

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36339

What i liked (+)
-Good designed application
-Good text in application

I did not like (-)
-You are new in the community.

Result :
+Support

What i want to add:
Yes, i changed my comment, i made a + Support because i saw him today, and he is awesome and he is Moderator Material, even if he is here just for a few days.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by TheAp4ch3.

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36340

I have Seen you in game a couple of times, You are generally nice and have a good sense of humour and from the application it looks like you know the rules, But you need to Learn the community, and play On ZARP servers for a bit longer.

-Support
  • DeathFromAbove
  • User is blocked
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by DeathFromAbove.

DrugButts Moderator Application 10 years 3 months ago #36735

ZARP DarkRP Moderator Verdict

The application was discussed at an administrative meeting, and was voted upon. The vote was as follows:

Vote

NEGATIVE: 4 - POSITIVE: 6

What we liked
- Online when the server's dead

Where you need to improve
- Relationship with a few admins

VERDICT: ACCEPTED
  • Smallville
  • Expert Boarder
  • Smallville
  • Thanks received: 81
Smallville