Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DarkRP] Mod App Stalker

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36229

RP Name: Stalker

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011483318/

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:25608795

Estimated Server Time: I have been playing for about 2 weeks so I would say about 30 hours.

Languages I speak: English

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random death match or RDM is when a player kills another player without a reason, an example would be if I bought a gun and walked out onto the street and started killing people either for fun or I just didnt like them that would be RDM and if one of the most occurring things in DarkRP.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
NLR of New Life Rule refers to when a player dies for what ever reason they are not able to go back to the place of death, if they do this is breaking NLR and is punishable. An example of this could be if I got killed while raiding a house as a thief and just thought "what the hell" and returned to that house to raid once more, I would be breaking NLR. NLR has a 3 minute life span meaning you cant return to that spat under and circumstance, You forget everything in the past life, so If for example I was killed by police I could not go back and get revenge on that officer for killing me.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is when people are speaking to each other on Skype of another VOiP service about things they are doing in-game, this is not allowed. An example would be if I and a friend were speaking on Skype about a raid we were carrying out and not in-game chat this would be Metagaming, and if an offence of the DarkRP rules.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
I have been playing DarkRP for a few years now and it is one of my favorite gamemode on Garrysmod, I have also been playing RPG games for years and I know the rules and how each game works in an RP scene. I play DarkRP most of the time with mates and we love it apart from the level of disrespect and stupidity that some players bring to the game, I have been mod and admin on a few DarkRP servers before and know how to control players and keep the server in check, I believe that mods and admins have the up most role in maintaining and controlling the player base of a server and would like to be a part of that again to maintain the DarkRP aspect of the game and keep the server to the highest level.

I enjoy helping servers in anyway I can and believe that I can devote a good amount of time to this server and its community to keep players happy and sort out arguments that players have with eachother. Most of the time servers die because there are not enough players happy with the server and not enough staff on to control the server, I have seen this happen with a few servers though I believe ZARP has a huge player base and this wont happen for a long long time.
  • Stalker
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Stalker. Reason: Added more info to NLR
The topic has been locked.

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36236

Positive things:
-Great app.
-Nice Person to talk to
-Knows the rules

Neutral things:
-May need a mentor

-Negative things.
None
-RESULT

+1
  • JamieShields
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36240

What i liked:

Where you need to improve:
  • Explain further Example the NLR situastion you described, correct! But dig deeper down, there's way more into NLR than just returning to the exact same house. Firstly we have a NLR on 3 minutes, makes you unable to return to the spot you was killed, NO MATTER WHAT. Also if somebody killed you because you had a bounty etc. You are not allowed to kill them once you see them, because you are in a NEW LIFE. Meaning that you CAN'T remember anything from your previous life.

• I have not seen you ingame before, now this is ofcourse not something you need to improve on, but you'll have to make yourself noticeable. If somebody asks for help in the OOC etc. "How do i get a gun from my inventory?" And then simply telling them that they'll have to press F4 and go to Inventory and equip it from there. The admins+ will notice this and we won't leave it unnoted.

For now
Neutral
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36242

There's no need for templates..
  • Smallville
  • Expert Boarder
  • Smallville
  • Thanks received: 81
Smallville

I'm back.

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36247

Thanks I updated it to add more info on NLR.
  • Stalker
  • Fresh Boarder

[DarkRP] Mod App Stalker 10 years 3 months ago #36739

ZARP DarkRP Moderator Verdict

The application was discussed at an administrative meeting, and was voted upon. The vote was as follows:

Vote

NEGATIVE: 10 - POSITIVE: 0

What we liked

Where you need to improve
- Rulebreak
- Not known among the admins

VERDICT: DENIEDACCEPTED
  • Smallville
  • Expert Boarder
  • Smallville
  • Thanks received: 81
Smallville