Time Zone: GMT

Link to Steam Profile: Here!

What server are you applying for? TTT

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93765091

Current Gametracker Profiles: Here!

Estimated Server Time: "Minutes Played: 12652*

Languages I speak: English

Promotion Related

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I have had a lot of fun with my current rank as an Administrator on TTT. I have tried my best to fulfill my responsibilities as an admin and I think I have done my job well so far. From all of my previous positions as staff, I have gained a lot of knowledge about the rules and I have learnt many things about what makes a good staff member. I would like the opportunity to prove what I know and make the current TTT lead team the best it can possibly be. I feel I have more then enough experience to be able to carry out the duties involved with being a leadteam member for TTT.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Dedicated

I think my dedication towards the TTT server goes without saying. Throughout the 7* years I have been apart of this community, TTT has always been my go-to server. I have always cared about the server and want it to do the best it can. For a while now, the server has seen a massive drop in players and has only recently gained a small playerbase. I do what I can do get staff online (sorry for the multiple pings guys) to try to develop the playerbase of TTT back to what it was previously. I have played on the server practically everyday for the past month which only proves my dedication towards TTT even more, it is my child afterall.

Experience

Throughout the years I have been in this community, I have held many ranks across most of the servers. Notably I have been the owner of TTT, managing the staff team and content that is added to the server. From there, I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to be Community Manager, which I really enjoyed but sadly I didn't have the free time to continue my duties. This proves that I am fully aware of the responsibilities I currently have and will gain from becoming a lead team member.

Trusted

Not only do my previous ranks in the community show my dedication, it also proves I can be trusted with the powers I will be given. When making this section I thought I had a lot more things to type but I guess not. But yea, I can be trusted.

Friendly

Whilst playing on the server, I am constantly talking with the users in-game to provide a friendly and fun environment to ensure everyone is having a good time whilst on the server, which is especially important now with the server in its current state. Along with this comes the fact I am approachable for both fellow staff members and users, which again, is an important trait for any leadteam member to have.

Forum & Teamspeak Presence

I believe my presence on both the teamspeak and forums is a huge positive. I regularly check the forums everyday and often give my feedback on applications, appeals or report abuses for TTT, which is an extremely important attribute that makes a good SA, and leadteam member in general. I am available on Discord throughout most of the day meaning staff members will be able to contact me and I will be able to assist them in any way I can.

Knowledge

My overall knowledge of the rules is great. From playing on the server for so long, I am fully aware of the rules and how enforce them in an effective way to keep the server as clean as possible from rulebreaks and to ensure it's a fun environment for everyone online. Not only that, I am aware of many situations I will encounter whilst being a leadteam member which means very little training is required and I can do my job as a SA almost instantly.

Leadership

This is one of the most important traits for any leadteam member. I think that throughout my time as admin on the sever I have encountered many situations where I have shown good leadership skills and have proven that I am able to take charge of a situation to ensure that it is handled correctly. Whilst playing on the server with newer staff members, they are naturally going to make a few mistakes with using their powers. Whenever this happens, I contact the staff member in admin chat and help them with the particular command they are struggling with and, in more serious cases, contact a higher up so they are aware of what has occurred.

Lead Team Scenarios

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

Lukily enough I am yet to encounter a serious situation where I need the help of a Lead Team member, and in smaller situations a member of the LT has always been available to assist me. The only situation that comes to mind is when a hacker was on the server. Because of the hacking policy, I had to contact a LT member to anti-cheat the player, who was later voted on in the meeting and punished accordingly.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I would first read over the report and make sure all the relevant information is present, and sufficient proof is given. I would then privately contact the staff member and ask for their side of the story, then compare this to what the user has said in the report. If they are both saying the same thing, I would make a decision, keeping the server rules in mind to decide who was in the right. I will then write a response to this report, either accepting or denying it, and giving my reasons for doing so. I have found some report abuses I have handled in the past and I will use these to provide examples of what these responses will look like:

Accepted:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would first look into the ban and check necessary things like the users recent punishments to determine whether the length of the ban is appropriate. I would then contact them, priavtely is possible, if not through admin chat, and ask them why the user was banned for a longer time, as they may be a factor I am unaware of that has influenced the ban. I would then explain to them politely that the length of the ban was too long, and remind them of the recommended ban lengths found in the staff handbook. I will then make sure the staff member fully understands to avoid similar situations arising in the future.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would message this staff member in admin chat telling them how to deal with the situation effectively. This will hopefully allow them to deal with it in an appropriate manner. If they are still struggling, I would need to take over the situation myself to ensure it's handled correctly and everyone is treated fairly. It is important for me to then work with the staff member and discuss what just happened and explain what they needs to do if a similar situation arises in the future.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

would speak to the staff members individually to get both sides of the story and try to gather proof as to what happened. If it turns out the staff member did break the rules and I have proof of them doing so, I would inform them that this needs to stop or a more serious punishment will be given out. I would then (even if the staff member did or didn't break any rules) ask the staff members to come onto teamspeak and move them into a spacer with me. I would then ensure that the staff members are in good terms with each other before finishing with the situation.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

A staff member being disrespectful to another is never a good thing as it has an impact on the entire staff team and how effectively they work together. Hopefully I will never encounter a situation like this but if I do, I would need to do whatever I can to ensure this argument doesn't go any further. I will put them into a spacer on teamspeak and speak to them about what happened and go my best to resolve the problem and inform them that if these arguments continue, I would need to take official action against them in the leadteam meeting.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

If the staff member made a mistake and didn't mean to harm anyone with this rulebreak, the situation is easier to handle. I will just speak to the staff member telling him to be more careful in future as everyone makes mistakes at some point. If it was done on purpose then I would need to speak to the staff member telling him to stop breaking the server rules. It's likely that I will need to bring this situation up in the meeting as well so an official warning/demotion can be given out.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jim_Jam.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Administrator] Jim_Jam's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1387514

My pet :support:
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

[TTT Super Administrator] Jim_Jam's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1387517

smash