Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379109

RP Name: Nafe
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/peasants
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80532056
Current Gametracker Profiles:

Estimated Server Time: I've been playing ZARP almost 9 years...

Languages I Speak: English

Give and explain 3 situations in which it would be appropriate to use the ban command:

Scamming

Player A and Player B agree to coinflip, they go through the process of creating the rules and do not use one of the protected systems. Player A and Player B both agree to the rules and proceed on with the coinflip, Player B winds up losing the coinflip and does not hand over the items he agreed to. He should then be banned for scamming until he agrees to pay up.

When a user exceeds a reasonable amount of warnings / varying other punishments

Player A decides to join server one, his only real intention is to cause trouble and in this particular instance is just looking to RDM some players. He ends up doing so for long enough to attract the attention of people, he winds up getting himself reported and put in a sit. The admin takes one look at his rapsheet and sees that this player has multiple recent punishments and clearly isn't learning from the warnings he is being given. He then ends up being banned for RDM + x Recent Punishments.

Exploiting

Player A is on the server when he discovers an exploit, rather than reporting the exploit immediately he choses to use it to his advantage. He winds up digging himself a hole and inevitably gets caught, in most situations a ban would be handed out, length depending on the severity of the exploit and duration of it's use.

Explain in detail the main functions of the F1 menu and how this can be used to help you deal with situations on the server:

The F1 menu is effectively the hub of staffing on the server, you will use this menu to take reports, view the logs and active NLR. In the main screen of the F1 menu is where you can view the reports on the server that are either in the process of or have been completed, when you want to take an unhandled report you must do so by taking the oldest one and right clicking it and choosing to handle it, depending on what the report is you can either bring the user (make sure to check with them first) or teleport to them. You can then proceed on with the report in whichever way suits that situation. You can also right click the report whilst handling it to either abort or finish it.

The next tab, logging will be useful in nearly all admin situations. This particular tab gives you information based off of things such as kills, arrests, name changes and much more. As an example, a kill log would look something along the lines of "Nafe (STEAM_0:0:80532056) killed themself in Recreational District", followed by a time and date of the particular instance.

The active NLR tab tells you all the players on the server who currently have NLR, in what district and when their NLR is due to end. I personally haven't ever used this menu for staffing and prefer to use the HUD display when looking at a player, to see what their NLR is. I am sure in the right situation this can be useful, but I have yet to come across it and therefore cannot really give much insight on it.

Finally the recent warnings tab, this tells you the recent warnings given out on the server since it's last restart cycle. This can be useful to see if a player has been frequently troublesome. But again, when you have the rapsheet in place it can be much easier to look directly at an individual rather than the server as a whole.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
You witness Player A being verbally abusive towards you through voice/chat whilst you are carrying out your administrative duties.

Depending on the words used and the situation, I would usually settle for a verbal warning. This is with an exception to discrimination as the powers that be would prefer that was dealt with properly. If the user continued to act like a child and throw verbal abuse toward myself or others I would proceed with punishments such as voice/chat mutes and or anything further if necessary.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
Player A makes an appeal on a ban that was placed on them permanently for prop spamming, putting great apology and detail into the appeal, admitting to what they did. Explain the process of how you would handle this appeal.

Firstly I would mark on the appeal that I was handling the appeal. Then I would proceed to contact the banning admin and ask them for the situation to be explained further, to gather as much information as possible. Once I have done this, if I feel it is necessary I will speak with the user who was punished and find out their side of the story.

Typically you would take the staff members side unless there is valid proof. In this particular instance the user has been banned for an extended period of time and is greatly apologetic. I then type out a response to the ban appeal, accepting the punishment and will ask a forum staff member to deal with the rest of the thread appropriately.

Why I should be promoted:

I believe I should be reselected as an SSRP administrator as I am a capable individual who has a good history as a staff member, I am beyond knowledgeable when it comes to usage of powers and how to handle specific situations. I am a former head administrator on SSRP, however I held many other high ranking positions within the community see my signature for a few examples...

I have recently made a return to SSRP and have been interested in returning to the staff team with the intention of reclaiming my previous ranks, I enjoyed my time previously as a lead team member and a staff member overall and I am sure I will again. I have done my best to gather as much activity as possible since coming back, with my evenings and my days off work I think I have done fairly well in that regard.

I am very active on the ZARP Teamspeak and very easily approachable elsewhere in the community. I do my best to help everybody I can and I am a fairly neutral person and do not like taking sides, so I can handle reports and sits quickly and efficiently.

I do have a recent warning, and my activity is the best. So I would like to take this chance to apologise to YisYas (punishing admin) for taking my banter a step to far the night the punishment was given, I did not think you were going to lose your cool that quickly, and I had overlooked that fact you were already the target of rulebreakers for the duration of that evening and by doing what I did, only added to the frustration. As for my activity, I am known for staying around for long periods of time so you I can guarantee you that the activity that I have shown this week will continue on for a very long time to come, providing the player counts stay up.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11863
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379120

Bro not only are you no longer free from the simulation, but applying for community manager and going back to SSRP after resigning from head admin a month ago is like the hit sequel Matrix 4, where Keanu is resurrected to do the same thing but all I remember was his shit acting.

this is an addiction and I :pray: for you
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379121

Studio Banter wrote:
Bro not only are you no longer free from the simulation, but applying for community manager and going back to SSRP after resigning from head admin a month ago is like the hit sequel Matrix 4, where Keanu is resurrected to do the same thing but all I remember was his shit acting.

this is an addiction and I :pray: for you

hello no i aint addicted i can stop whenever i want
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: randomfella_

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379122

:support:
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 743

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379123

Great guy, Nafe!
:support:
  • God dammit Ross
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Imagine taunting
  • Thanks received: 961
Prop Hunt Head Admin
TTT Administrator
Server Apps/Appeals/Prop Hunt/Drama Hole/ Report Abuse Section Moderator
TS/Discord Staff

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379128

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379132

what happens if you get cm
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379133

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:

I stay humble
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379134

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
instant promotion to ssrp head administrator
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 743

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[SSRP Administrator] Nafe's Application 2 years 3 weeks ago #1379170

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting we reviewed your application, checked your activity and discussed your recent punishments.

This time, the staff team has decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again in the future. To try and help you they have summarized some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:

Recent Behavioural Issues

You can apply again at any time. Thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

260 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT