SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:208127820

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Clicky

Estimated Server Time:
~520 Hours

Languages I speak:

Swedish & English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

In my time as an Administrator I have been able to get more familiar with the rules and the way the server works. I've gotten to know the Lead Team and CM Team a lot better.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:

◄Dedication►
I am very dedicated when it comes to surf. I joined a surf server for the first time back in 2009 in CS 1.6 and I have loved the gamemode ever since. I do whatever I can to help out the server whenever needed. I have been helping out Nyx with some new features.

Some of the stuff I have done: [ Click to expand ]

I am also working on a rather big project together with Nyx.

◄Friendly►
I always try my best to be as friendly as possible and make new users feel welcome. Im always positive and do my best to help everyone that needs help.

◄Attitude►
I am a calm and positive person and I very rarely get angry. I always have patience when it comes to dealing with rulebreakers and I am never to quick to punish someone. I'd like to think that I am a trustworthy and helpful person and I do whatever I can to help a player in need.

◄knowledgeable►
With ~3000 hours spent surfing I have become very knowledgeable about surf. Due to this I am able to answer almost any question and help out whenever needed.

◄Helpful►
Having the experience that I have makes it rather easy to help any player despite their skill level on any map on the server. I have taught many players that have never surfed before to complete their first map, I've also taught more experienced players on how to improve their runs.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have never encountered a situation that I couldn't handle by myself. But let's pretend that I encountered some using a huge exploit, what I would do then is gather as much evidence as I can using Shadowplay. Once the evidence is gathered I would ban the player and I would then bring this up on the next meeting so the user gets punished appropriately.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I would start of by speaking with the reporting user to find out exactly what happened and take a look at any evidence if available. I would then speak to the reported staff member to get his side of the story. Once I feel like I have all the information I need I would take some time to think about the situation and if needed, contact another member of the Lead Team to get their opinion. When I have come to a decision I would reply to the post:

Accepted [ Click to expand ]

Denied [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would speak to the staff member to get his side of the story and ask why he thought it was appropriate to ban the user for the amount of time he did. I would ask for proof of whatever the user did to deserve the ban. If no proof is provided I would turn to the rest of the Lead Team and CM Team and ask for their opinion on the situation. If we come to the conclusion that the ban was excessive I would shorten it, or possibly even remove it depending on what the user did. I would then talk to the staff member to make sure this does not happen again, if it does he/she would be brought up during the meeting.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would start by talking with both the staff member and the user to find out exactly what is going on. I would then try my best to calm the staff member down and help him deal with the situation. After the situation has been resolved I would have a talk with the staff member and try to find out why he acted the way he did and prepare him for similar situations in the future so that he can keep calm.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would start of by asking the accusing staff member which rules have been broken and if he has any evidence of this. My next move would depend on how serious of an offence the accused staff member committed. If it was a milder offence such as spamming I would simply talk with the accused staff member and well basically tell them to not do it again. In a more serious offence I would discuss it with some other Lead Team member or Server Owner, alternatively bring them up during the Lead Team meeting.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would talk with both of the staff members separately so I can get a view on both sides of the argument. After that I would get them both together and to the best of my abilities try to resolve the argument. If we can't come to an agreement they would just have to agree to disagree.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would ask said staff member to get on teamspeak where I would then explain to him/her that what they're doing is not acceptable and ask him/her to stop immediately. In a worst case scenario where they do not stop the rule breaking I would have no choice but to issue an emergency demotion and bring them up in the Lead Team meeting.
  • Knuthulhu
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks received: 213

ex Surf & Bhop Server Owner
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prince Nyx

[Surf Super Admin] Knut's Application 2 years 6 months ago #1365799

:support:
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder