SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:110429897

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Nogtog/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/

Estimated Server Time:
423 hours

Languages I speak:
English and Spanish

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I think it goes without saying that my time as an administrator has contributed massively to my staffing in general as well as my mentality and thought process. Originally I was beginning to lose interest in the community as a whole as well as TTT but when I applied for admin and got it, I seriously changed and now aim to do as much as I can rather than the bare minimum. Being admin gives you access to more responsibilities and these have really helped me out as, for example, having the ability to handle forum appeals and reports as well as being able to train moderators and give opinions on Admins in the meetings. I honestly think I became a proper staff member when I got admin and since then I’ve been trying as hard as I can to improve on any weakness and trying to be a respected admin who knows what they’re doing (most of the time).

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Forums + Teamspeak
It’s not hard to notice my addiction to the forums. At the time of writing, I have 323 posts this month while trying to keep my posts constructive rather than pointlessly shitpost as a way to gain better numbers. I check the forums every few minutes and read every new post; so to say I’m active would be an understatement. I make sure to give feedback on every application where I feel like I can say something and I try to be as detailed as possible for TTT where I’m the most knowledgeable. I make sure my feedback is as constructive as possible and when I handle appeals and punishment requests i take time to provide a detailed response which is supported by the evidence and satisfactory to those involved.

Examples
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I use Teamspeak daily to talk to fellow staff members as well as general members of the community. In terms of meetings, I don’t remember the last time I missed a meeting and I always try to make sure that my opinion is heard when I feel like I have something I can add on an applicant.

Attitude and Standing Out
I’ll be the first to say that sometimes I seem like a dickhead because of my sense of humour but I’m very friendly and kind and I’ve made a lot of great friends on zarp. I love to joke around with users as well as helping out anyone who has a question or doesn’t understand something on the server. When it comes to staffing, I’m very serious and I handle every report that I can, making sure that it is handled appropriately and with care and effort. I explain what a user did wrong and always make sure to give new players verbals and refer them to the rules of the server. I’m able to remain calm and laugh off verbal abuse (with a limit obviously) but if I see that a user is being harassed, I’ll act quickly to make sure they’re able to enjoy playing. I remember the way I was treated by certain staff members as a user and I try to ensure that I’m liked by the community more than disliked by being fair in all situations.

When it comes to feedback I’m brutally honest and I try my best to remain unbiased and give positives and negatives of anyone which are helpful for the candidate. I’ve made a ton of mistakes in the past, some bigger than others, but I always make sure that I take responsibility, learn from them, and never make them again. I’ve had a few moments where I thought I wouldn’t be able to keep going as a staff member but I saw that they were learning experiences and treated them like that. In terms of extra things I’ve done I’ve handled a total of 7 appeals/punishment requests on the forums as well as helping out with the meeting spreadsheet and retraining a former admin for mod.

I’ve been a staff member on TTT for 5 months and 1 week and 3 months of that was just as a Moderator. I waited so long because I wasn’t happy with how I was doing and I didn’t feel I was ready for a promotion until I applied and at that point I had gained experience and knew what I was doing. As Admin it’s been the same and I’ve been through a lot of situations which have helped me improve as a staff member for sure. I feel like I’m now at a point in the community, as well as just in-game, where I can make the next step.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
In all honesty, I’ve barely had any of these experiences and the only proper hacker I’ve encountered was handled by another Admin at the time. For a situation, I would like to highlight the many issues I’ve had where there’s a complicated issue and I haven’t been told explicitly what to do. In these types of situations, I had to make decisions based on what I knew from staffing as well as by consulting other members of the Admin team. An example of this would be when a user on the server was making constant predatory comments towards an obvious minor and I had to deal with it as a completely new experience and decide what to do, while being scared that I could do something horribly wrong.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
Obviously I would start off by posting “Handling” on the report so there’s no confusion and the relevant people know who to talk to. After reading over the report a few times, I would talk privately to the reported staff member and the person who reported them and collect both sides of the story as well as any necessary evidence that’s available. When I feel like I’ve reached an educated decision using evidence I would post something along the lines of the following verdicts:

Accepted

Denied

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situations:

A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would first make sure that I know of everything that happened in the situation so I don’t go in making any assumptions or generally acting like an idiot. I would make a decision on how long the player should have been banned for and what I think would be acceptable, before contacting the staff member on discord to ask if they can get on Teamspeak (or just asking them if they’re available to talk if they’re already on). I would discuss the situation with the staff member and explain why the ban length was a bit excessive and ask why they banned them for so long while making sure not to talk down to them or make them feel like they’ve done something abusive. If there is any sort of issue with knowledge I would direct them back to the staff rulebook so they can read up on appropriate ban lengths. I would then obviously shorten the ban and explain to the user what happened where possible.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would start off by contacting the staff member privately so they don’t feel pressured by other people and so they are able to act calmly if they are frustrated. I would ask them to explain the situation and find out why they’ve been struggling and then explain to them how they should beat this obstacle in the future while making sure that they don’t feel like they’re an awful staff member or that they’re being told off.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would contact both of the staff members to find out their side of the story and ask for any possible evidence of rulebreaking. If there was some sort of simple misunderstanding I would bring the staff members together to talk about the issue and make sure it’s resolved. If there was good evidence that the staff member was rulebreaking, I would bring it up in the next lt meeting and provide any necessary evidence to support it, as well as telling the staff member in question what they were doing wrong to make sure they aren’t confused as to why they’re being looked at.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I would break up any ongoing argument going on and then contact the relevant staff members privately on Discord or Teamspeak and work out the cause of the issues. I would make sure the issues are resolved with the individual staff members before bringing them together to explain the situation and remind them that a staff team needs to be undivided and that everyone has bad moments but they’re there to move past.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would make sure that the staff member is no longer breaking rules by telling them to stop and then bringing them onto Teamspeak and asking what they were doing and if they think it’s against the rules. If they were honest about it, I would explain to them that they should be setting an example to the users and point out what was wrong in their actions if they genuinely don’t realise. If they lied to me I would explain that I know they’re lying and ask for the truth and explain everything after that. If the abuse was serious enough, or if the staff member ignored me constantly or kept lying, I would emergency demote them and tell them why they were demoted and remind them that this doesn’t mean the end of their staffing. If it was a less serious abuse, I would give them a verbal warning and remind them that they won’t be able to do it again and continue in their position.

Thanks for reading my application! Feedback will be greatly appreciated :)
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3414
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Nogtog. Reason: Switched images for links to appeals i've handled
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327661

Ok so Mr Nogtog lets break this down.

Over the past few months, for whatever reason, you have shown an unreal dedication to TTT. However, unlike most staff, you go above and beyond what is expected of you. You beg for trainings, you have insane forum activity (seek help) your TeamSpeak activity is inconsistent but still good regardless.

Your attitude is probably your own problem, Like I know that its just you joking around however sometimes you need to be more professional when staffing, however, it's not a huge concern. The problem lies with if people can see you treating this role seriously, and how you would resolve staff issues.

If given the chance to prove yourself I'm sure you will, best of luck.
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2027

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Oscar Bobb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327662

:minussp:

recently you were supposedly hacking on the prop hunt server. you killed the ENTIRE prop team more than 5 times, and you wouldnt stop. also your attitude on the prop hunt server was appaling; you were disrespectful, arrogant, and slightly malicious.

recently your attitude has gotten a bit less worse, but still from what i can see on the prop hunt server and from that occasion, you are not fit for staff at all.

good luck nonetheless.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben, Rule, BrokeNXD, Jewce Man, jam and 2 more...

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327663

Ban me on TTT and you’ll have my support.
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327665

Thought i was being accused of hacking for a split second and then relief at the classic copypasta. I was the first person to use this on someone else's app after the original :cheer:

You have to play the server to get banned :angry:
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327670

For real though this is a genuinely very well-detailed application.

Good luck!

:support:
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327673

Yes but only if you bully vodka more often
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1147

Ex TTT & Deathrun Super Admin
Ex TTT 4x ,prophunt 2x,murder,deathrun 2x Admin
>Steam Profile<

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327716

:plussp:

spain
  • Adriii
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 170

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327718

i support buff garfield

• Frank_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • disappointing jazz player
  • Thanks received: 526
-
Ex PropHunt Super Admin
Ex Surf Admin
Ex Murder Admin
Ex PropHunt Section Mod
Ex Ts/Discord Staff
-
Discord:
frankthequiet#2165
-

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327719

Lotto_Totto wrote:
Yes but only if you bully vodka more often
I will always be the ultimate bully smh.

Also I do think you are one of if not the only one worthy of becoming LT. I already told u everything on discord about a week ago.

Good Luck :clap:
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Vodka4Gaben.

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327720

LES GOOOOOOOOOO man had the server chanting nogtog for server owner before most of the Lead Team actually played which shows how long he's been in the community, his great relationship with the users and how likeable he is. He's constantly active on discord and TS and would've gotten discord/ts admin easily if they opened apps, always shitposting on the forums and just undoubtedly the best candidate for super admin at the moment :support:
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327724

Who are you again?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 584
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben, Nogtog

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327726

There are 2 better candidates (me and dylancoleman) but I suppose you would do just fine on the super admin team.

I have known you for like 6 months but I would say you have been ready for 17 years. If I had to pick an emoji to show how ready you are it would probably be B) . Please vote yes for this candidate.

• PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Red., Nogtog

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327730

:plussp: rdm'd me 8 times in a row and said "oh shit sorry my arm twitched." ANYWAYS, NogTog has been a very nice staff member to interact with, he taught me a lot about TTT and even was helping one of my friends that was new as well. He's a really cool dude who's got a small Garfield obsession.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2287

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327745

Yes
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • surprisingly still kicking
  • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
FP DarkRP Head Admin

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327760

I realize the point of showing your outcomes in this app is just to prove how many you've done but I'm sure other people aside from myself would like to see the actual appeals on the forums to get more insight as to how the case was handled.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would start off by contacting the staff member privately so they don’t feel pressured by other people and so they are able to act calmly if they are frustrated. I would ask them to explain the situation and find out why they’ve been struggling and then explain to them how they should beat this obstacle in the future while making sure that they don’t feel like they’re an awful staff member or that they’re being told off.

This bit is very important since very many new staff members can feel pressured when doing their job for the first couple of days and lose their cool more easily. Very important to show how to deal with unpleasant players so it won't be a problem in the future.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would contact both of the staff members to find out their side of the story and ask for any possible evidence of rulebreaking. If there was some sort of simple misunderstanding I would bring the staff members together to talk about the issue and make sure it’s resolved. If there was good evidence that the staff member was rulebreaking, I would bring it up in the next lt meeting and provide any necessary evidence to support it, as well as telling the staff member in question what they were doing wrong to make sure they aren’t confused as to why they’re being looked at.

This bit I don't understand, if a staff member came to me with this problem I'd first hear the accusing parts story and look at the evidence. If there's no evidence but the staff member is being accused of something like ghosting, I really wouldn't talk to the accused person because that would be telling them that they're under the spotlight. Of course, without evidence it would just be something I'd keep in mind.
If it really was just a misunderstanding of a rule, which it often is, you'd be correct to talk to them both and resolve the situation.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would make sure that the staff member is no longer breaking rules by telling them to stop and then bringing them onto Teamspeak and asking what they were doing and if they think it’s against the rules. If they were honest about it, I would explain to them that they should be setting an example to the users and point out what was wrong in their actions if they genuinely don’t realise. If they lied to me I would explain that I know they’re lying and ask for the truth and explain everything after that. If the abuse was serious enough, or if the staff member ignored me constantly or kept lying, I would emergency demote them and tell them why they were demoted and remind them that this doesn’t mean the end of their staffing. If it was a less serious abuse, I would give them a verbal warning and remind them that they won’t be able to do it again and continue in their position.
I don't get why so many applicants are so lenient in this part, if a staff member is violating rules to these heights there's no way in hell they're ignorant enough not realize their own abuse.

biosenic wrote:
For real though this is a genuinely very well-detailed application.

Good luck!

Oh and then this, have you ever even seen a well made application?

If by any chance you've been holding back and trying to be polite when telling how you'd react in these made-up situations, don't. Be ready to grab the bull by the horns and don't look at other applications for help, you need to know what YOU would do, not what other applicants would do.

:neutralsp:
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Gin.

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327796

Interesting... Good luck.
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327811

Recently you were supposedly hacking on the prop hunt server. you killed the ENTIRE prop team more than 5 times, and you wouldnt stop. also your attitude on the prop hunt server was appaling; you were disrespectful, arrogant, and slightly malicious
  • Apollo Freeman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Most people are do don't, I am do is.
  • Thanks received: 296
Former Prop Hunt Adminstrator
Former TTT Moderator
Former Surf Moderator

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327832

Good detail application but on a serious note I have never had any problems with you Nogtog and your a great admin and I know you do a good job as super admin and i am happy that you were honest in this application. Great staff member to work with and you have my biggest :plussp:
  • Dylancoleman888
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 33

[TTT Super Admin] Nogtog's Application 2 years 11 months ago #1327839

euan wrote:
Who are you again?
You've been constantly bullying me on all platforms and now you're pretending you don't even know who i am? Heartbroken
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

247 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40