FrankTheQuiet

Link to Steam Profile:
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198156712763

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/FrankTheQuiet...arpgaming.com:27040/

Estimated Server Time:
6196 minutes (103 hours); usually 1-4 hours in a row, 1-7 times a week

Languages I speak:
Italian (mother tongue); English (B2 level)

Explain how you feel that your time as a Moderator will contribute to you becoming an Admin:
In my time as a moderator I learnt how to properly handle rulebreakings like ghosting and disrespect towards other players, staff and cultures. Based on the severity of the ghosting, for example, I either properly messaged the players privately, warned them and moved them on other teams or kicked them (all of this actions would be done in this order, without jumping to one or the other). I’m quickly learning how and when I have to wait before reacting in the appropriate way or when to intervene right away. I handled a lot of rulebreakings, often following the admins’ guides when they were online with me and/or on teamspeak. I also helped the new-comers, providing the basic hotkeys and guidelines, and the use of the inventory and taunt menu.
Even though I’ve been moderator for 2 weeks I feel like taking a step forward, since I’m fairly active and other staff members told me I would be ready.

Explain a situation in which it would be appropriate to use the ban command:
The ban command would be appropriate to use for severe cases of ghosting and continuous ignoring of warnings and kicks by staff: for example if a player comes back right after a kick for ghosting and keeps on going against my warnings I would ban the player for an intermediate period of time, like a day or two.

If you had to write a letter to train a moderator in between 100-200 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Congratulations on becoming moderator for the Zarpgaming’s prop hunt server! As a moderator you need to make sure that everyone online has fun and follows the server rules; you can rightfully punish who doesn’t follow them, in cases where someone is ruining the fun of the game or being disrespectful towards others, but you also need to understand when and how to use your commands from the ulx menu, observing the rulebreaker’s actions and punishing them in the adequate way.
A list of all the commands you’ll need:

In the “chat” section:
Asay: use it to write in the admin chat (you can also do so by writing the message after “@”)
Amute: use it to stop players from abusing the admin chat (they can write in it to alert you, but cannot read it)
Tgag: use it to mute a player in voice chat for an adjustable period of time
Tmute: use it to mute a player in (written) chat for an adjustable period of time
(use tgag and tmute to stop a player from abusing either mic or chat after you already warned them verbally or via pm)
Psay: use it to privately message someone (to tell them to stop doing something, for example, or to help them in case you are in different states of the round, like one is alive and the other is spectating or dead) it’s the 1st step in preventing someone from ghosting.
Webtauntmute: use it to mute a player’s taunts for an adjustable period of time (use it when someone is playing disrespectful taunts or spamming earrape sounds when the others are complaining)(to make sure you punish the right player you should read in the console, under f10, who is using which taunt)
Almost all of this commands have the “un-…” version to revert the effect, in case you messed up, you want to change the punishment or an admin tells you to do so after reviewing the player’s behavior.

In the “Fun” section:
Slay: use it to kill a player if they’re exploiting the map and if they don’t stop after your warnings, or when someone is doorblocking

In the “Teleport” section:
Bring: use it to bring a player to you
Goto: use it to teleport to a player
Teleport: use it to teleport a player to the direction your mouse is pointing to
(use the teleport section to move players if they’re stuck)

In the “Utility” section:
Checkspec: use it to see who a player is currently spectating (the main command to understand if someone is ghosting)
Forceteam: use it to force a player in the other team (combined with the !warn command it’s the 2nd step to prevent people from ghosting)
Friends: use it to see if a player has steam friends online in the server (useful command to combine with checkspec to understand if someone is ghosting)
Fspec: use it to force a player to spectator mode (for example when the last hunter is afk and he’s making the round last longer than it should)
Kick: use it to kick a player from the server (it’s the 3rd step to prevent people from ghosting and, generally, the last resource to use if someone keeps on ignoring your verbal/written warnings.

Then there’s the Warn command, to add a formal warning on a player’s punishments list (f6) if they ignore your pm or verbal warning. You can either type “!warn playername reason” or type “!warn”, which opens a tab in which you can select the player and then write the reason.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that Staff Member x banned them permanently for Exploiting, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
I would ask for the 2 versions of the event from both player X and staff member X separately and, in case I decide to remove the ban to give another chance to player X, I would still personally warn him to never break any rule again, as it would result in another ban. I would decide to keep the ban only if staff member X gave me further justified proofs, and if the player lies about the situation.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words):
Even though I’m a fresh moderator I’m fairly active; in this 2 weeks as a mod I played almost every day and I interacted with the other staff members, mainly on ts, in order to work as a team. I’m always curious about specific situations in which I don’t know yet how to behave correctly, so I ask the other staff members what would be the “standard procedure” in those specific situations.
I already have experience with almost all the instances a moderator can handle, and I think I could help the players and the staff even more if I had the opportunity of being admin.

Extra Information: (Not Required)
I already uploaded 20-30 taunts on Myinstants and I enjoy doing so, since I think taunting is a big part of this gamemode (fight me, Ross).
It’s probably not a big deal, but I observed that sometimes players ask me which words they should search to find determined taunts, and usually when there’s more players taunting the players stay online longer.
I can also provide useful informations about pasta and pizza
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Frank_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • disappointing jazz player
  • Thanks received: 526
-
Ex PropHunt Super Admin
Ex Surf Admin
Ex Murder Admin
Ex PropHunt Section Mod
Ex Ts/Discord Staff
-
Discord:
frankthequiet#2165
-
The topic has been locked.

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307484

:neutralsp:

i feel like you need a bit more time :(
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Poltergeist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank_

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307486

Told Martin that square pizza is wierd :support:
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: MadMagic, Frank_

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307491

Detailed application and he's been a moderator for a while. :plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307496

I don't really play PH but I hear that you're a good mod so :plussp:
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307505

aight
  • Frank_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • disappointing jazz player
  • Thanks received: 526
-
Ex PropHunt Super Admin
Ex Surf Admin
Ex Murder Admin
Ex PropHunt Section Mod
Ex Ts/Discord Staff
-
Discord:
frankthequiet#2165
-
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Frank_.

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 2 months ago #1307590

Has a good understanding of the rules, and is friendly towards players, even in situations when they are not
:plussp:

-Also provides fun facts on Italian culture

-Also supports the idea of serving Argon a pentagon-shaped pizza on a square plate (lol, enjoy)
  • goldauraz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.
  • Thanks received: 283

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 1 month ago #1308715

FrankTheQuiet wrote:
I already uploaded 20-30 taunts on Myinstants and I enjoy doing so, since I think taunting is a big part of this gamemode (fight me, Ross).

fucking legend

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, Frank_

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 1 month ago #1308716

TheXnator wrote:
FrankTheQuiet wrote:

fucking legend

true
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11215
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123123123, Frank_

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 1 month ago #1308717

disagrees with ross,

• Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[Prophunt Admin] FrankTheQuiet's Application 3 years 1 month ago #1308735

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP Prop Hunt! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:

Needs more time

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• MadMagic
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sharks go blub
  • Thanks received: 478
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

308 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
26/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun