Steam Name: Insanity

Time Zone: GMT +1

Link to Steam Profile: Here

What server are you applying for? TTT

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:89713053

Current Gametracker Profiles: bbno$/Insanity

Estimated Server Time: 58144 mins/969 hours

Languages I speak: German & English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
As some of you already know I held an admin rank in the past and tried to help out the community. I tried to come to the Server almost every day. There were weeks where had decent activity and a report count of almost 200. In those almost 1000 hours on TTT I have gathered a good understanding of the rules and how many different situations are handled like CM Bans, different LT duties, hacking policies, and why they are in place. Some Users approach me when they encounter a problem and I have always been glad to help. Even Staff Members approached me with their problems and asked me for advice for example: appropriate ban length, what to do when someone is ghosting etc.
I even did train some mods in my time as admin.

I'd like to make TTT a better place and improve the overall experience of our users.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Attitude: Since I am back again I tried to maintain a friendly attitude towards users and fellow staff members. I have learned from my mistakes in the past and improved upon that. I am always approachable and made a couple of friends on the server which I talk to on a day to day basis.

Activity: I have consistent activity and have been active for a very long time. I come online almost every day and even if I don't play I chill on the forums and check if there are any new applicants. I always sit on Teamspeak and have a chat with fellow staff members or I talk in the discord channels.

Forums: I come to the forums almost every day to check if there are any appeals or applications, I got those two tabs open all the time and refresh them now and then. I check those two sections and post my thoughts and feedback on there.
I'll link some of my handled appeals and punishment request.

Handled Appeals/Punishment requests:
Ban Appeal 1
Punishment Appeal 1
Punishment Appeal 2
Punishment Request 1

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
It's not a strange thing when hackers get on TTT and I always went on to ping a Lead Team Member. When one wasn't available I had to record him to get some evidence which then would be talked about in the Lead Team Meeting.
If I had those Anticheat tools myself, I would be able to catch hackers myself and help to keep the Server clean.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
After checking if the user filled in the proper template, I would respond that I'm handling the report abuse and would get in contact with the victim and hear his side of the story, and maybe he has some evidence for me. Then I would approach the reported staff member and confront him with the story. After I heard both sides I got a view of the full situation and then would decide if I accept or deny the report.

Accepted:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I check the rap-sheet of the player and then would approach the staff member.
I would ask if the ban length seems appropriate for him and why he thinks it is.
Then I would point out the appropriate ban lengths on the staff handbook.
I will talk with him on how to ban people and for which length after that i would guide him to the staff ethos and explain to him to not necessarily ban players that are willing to learn and only made honest mistakes.
I will correct the ban length and if the Staff Member keeps banning exessively then i would take further actions.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would ask the staff member to join the teamspeak and then drag him into a spacer to deal with this situation more easily.
Elaborate on what he has done wrong and guide him to the staff ethos, explain to him that he is meant to be a example/face of Zarp Gaming and he was meant to be calm, friendly and professional.
I would approach the user and apologize for what happened and it wouldn't happen again.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would ask Staff 1 to gather evidence (if there is none there is no point into taking this further) on Staff 2 and hear Staff 1's side of the story and then would approach Staff 2 with the received evidence and the story of Staff 1. I would listen to Staff 2's side of the story and then would decide if the evidence is sufficient and then would take actions depending on the severity of the rulebreak. I would tell Staff 2 that the rulebreaking has to stop happening or i would have to bring it up in the Lead Team meeting.

A staff member acts disrespectfully towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would ask to get both staff members on teamspeak and then talk to each of them individually to hear either side. Then let them both talk it out with supervision. I would tell the staff member who sparked the argument about what he did wrong and how he can improve on that mistake in the future. If both staff members come to a conclusion and apologize to each other then i would find it appropiate that no further actions will be taken.

If a staff member kept arguing and refusing to stop i would talk with a Lead Team member about it and would bring it up in the Lead Team meeting

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would approach the staff member through discord and tell him to stop immediately and that he should join teamspeak to talk this out.
When he joins i will tell him that he is the face of zarpgaming and is meant to set a example. I would then guide him to the staff ethos and then would give him a verbal warning.

If the staff member refuses to stop i would emergency demote him and notify the Lead Team on the fact that the staff member was demoted and why he was demoted. Then the demotion will be brought up in the Lead Team meeting.

Thanks for reading this application and any feedback is appreciated.
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.
  • Thanks received: 202

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282836

:plussp:
  • Red.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • ✨✨✨
  • Thanks received: 719

Former Deathrun Server Owner
Former Minecraft Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insanity

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282837

:support:
  • MadMagic
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sharks go blub
  • Thanks received: 481

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282842

• usveinha
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 115

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282854

:neutralsp:
I believe that there are better candidates + you recently cameback
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1147

Ex TTT & Deathrun Super Admin
Ex TTT 4x ,prophunt 2x,murder,deathrun 2x Admin
>Steam Profile<

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282855

Lotto_Totto wrote:
:? :? :? he has been back for months , bbno is one of the greatest staff members the ttt server has . definitely deserves a promotion :support:
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282859

TheFierceOwl wrote:
Lotto_Totto wrote:
:? :? :? he has been back for months , bbno is one of the greatest staff members the ttt server has . definitely deserves a promotion :support:

SIMP (Squirrels.In.My.Pants)
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282865

As much as I would like for it be as simple as a plus or minus support it really is more complicated than that.

So far all my experiences with you have been neutral or positive, I would say you are one of the better admins in the current staff team, however that doesn't mean you're ready for lead team. First of all, I would like to mention your somewhat rocky past, I'm not at all aware of what exactly it is that happened but I've heard that you were demoted not too long ago and left on a sour note, you have indeed returned a "better man" so to say but it will still take a while before the lead team can trust you enough. Another important thing is standing out enough, like I said earlier you are one of the better admins on the staff team but you don't stand out enough. As it is currently there is no shortage of lead team members to complete the work if something there is a shortage of work for the lead team to complete which leads to the standards going up and up. I personally believe that if you keep working on improving yourself you will definitely get it sooner than you might think. I hope my criticism isn't too harsh, I am genuinely doing this out love and respect because I want to tell you the hard truth so you can grow from it!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insanity, God dammit Ross

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282905

I haven't seen you around much, but then that may be due to my own activity. I will say a similar thing that I said to Stephen, playtime and report count is expected of admins and just because you are meeting everything thats expected it doesnt necessarily mean you deserve promotion. You need to make an extra effort in helping the community, be really active on the forums and teamspeak, help out new as well as old staff members when they need it, give the LT signs that you are worthy of more that just admin.

For me, if I was LT at the moment, personally I wouldn't accepted your app, I like you and i know you are a good staff member but you need to be something more if you want LT in my opinion. make sure you have really good play time and really consistent play time as well as a high report count BEFORE applying otherwise it wont look great.

:neutralsp: For now partly because I feel you are not ready, partly due to there already being 4 SA's and partly because you are not the best candidate right now.
  • FireLord Ozai
  • Junior Boarder
  • "I do have the power.. All the power IN THE WORLD"
  • Thanks received: 63
TTT Admin

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282907

TheFierceOwl wrote:
Lotto_Totto wrote:
Owh if you look and check he has been away and he does but atm he should improve and w ait 1/2 weeks imo
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1147

Ex TTT & Deathrun Super Admin
Ex TTT 4x ,prophunt 2x,murder,deathrun 2x Admin
>Steam Profile<

The following user(s) said Thank You: Insanity, FireLord Ozai

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282908

Been very nice to me and you are a good Admin :support:
  • Sir Kribban
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 400
Former
TTT Super Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Minecraft Moderator
Surf Administrator
Murder Moderator

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282921

Thanks for the feedback so far I appreciate it.
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 6 months ago #1282930

Ok this is very poggers

Pros
You have a good forum presence, especially with dealing with appeals, you've handled your fair share of appeals (same some for me xx) You even offered your help when I was dealing with my first appeal. You helped me out when I first became staff and I had difficulties with understanding things, You have always shown to me, a good attitude on the server and interacted with the users well. You are often on the TS granted that's in the private channel.

Cons
Recently came back from the break (not a big deal as you are already getting your activity up)
There is no shortage of LT staff right now and I'm not sure if they are really looking for/needing more staff members.

All in all good luck
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Oscar Bobb.

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283020

Iunno man you're a good admin and all but I wouldn't want you as lt
However there have been many sketchy ass LT before so maybe you got a chance champ :heart:
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283047

Gin wrote:
Iunno man you're a good admin and all but I wouldn't want you as lt
However there have been many sketchy ass LT before so maybe you got a chance champ :heart:

The hope never dies :heart:
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283193

• Derper04
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 58
Ex - TTT Administrator
Derper04#5910

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283200

• Harry RDM Squatta
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Superadmin | Ex Deathrun Admin
  • Thanks received: 294
Ex TTT Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283218

Some Users approach me when they encounter a problem and I have always been glad to help.
I think this is true, because i was, or am one of those users. (i was user at the time)

A few weeks back i asked in TTT chat, how i could link my steam account to my forum account. First Derper04 responed to me, then he referred me to Insanity and asked for my Discord. Then Insanity added me as a friend and then he called me with screenshare on. I then tried to explain what i meant by linking my steam account to my forum account.
I then said thank you for the help, and that was kinda just it.

I guess the valuable part of the story is that Insanity, rather than just explaining through TTT chat. He went through the effort of talking with the user (ME :)).

Activity: I have consistent activity and have been active for a very long time. I come online almost every day ... I always sit on Teamspeak and have a chat with fellow staff members or I talk in the discord channels.
Personally i dont see Insanity on the server as much as other staff members who are also good candidates of super admin rank. But maybe thats just me having low activity.
Teamspeak? I'm not on the Teamspeak, so idk.

Attitude: Since I am back again I tried to maintain a friendly attitude towards users and fellow staff members.
Insanity's attitude is good as far as i know.
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283324

Insanity wrote:

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Attitude: Since I am back again I tried to maintain a friendly attitude towards users and fellow staff members. I have learned from my mistakes in the past and improved upon that. I am always approachable and made a couple of friends on the server which I talk to on a day to day basis.

Activity: I have consistent activity and have been active for a very long time. I come online almost every day and even if I don't play I chill on the forums and check if there are any new applicants. I always sit on Teamspeak and have a chat with fellow staff members or I talk in the discord channels.

Forums: I come to the forums almost every day to check if there are any appeals or applications, I got those two tabs open all the time and refresh them now and then. I check those two sections and post my thoughts and feedback on there.
First of all personally if these are the only 3 reasons why you should be Super Admin I don't believe that you're the best candidate. Besides the forums, good attitude and consistent activity is expected of staff members. In my opinion a person who wants super admin should be going above and beyond in most important categories related to staffing.

Secondly appeals are not something I take very highly I more like to see someone do 1 or 2 to show you are capable of properly handling a situation out of game as I don't feel they prepare you very well for demotion requests.

Lastly you just came off a long break so I feel you definitely need to get back your consistency.

Insanity wrote:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I check the rap-sheet of the player and then would approach the staff member.
I would ask if the ban length seems appropriate for him and why he thinks it is. Then I would point out the appropriate ban lengths on the staff handbook.

Note that these "appropriate ban lengths" in the staff handbook are recommended not required.

All in a all you've been a good admin that I've known for a while but I feel that you have a bit to go before you are ready to get Super Admin.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, TheRealNepgear, Insanity, God dammit Ross

[TTT Super Admin] Insanity's Application 3 years 5 months ago #1283911

It's Friday and i'm doing the last bump for this week.

Please leave some more feedback if you have any.
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

313 PLAYERS ONLINE