Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Community Council] Kemi's Application .

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273260

:heart: JustGurp gave me permission to apply :heart:
No you won't find any special images and stuff here, I just want a clean nice application for this.

Steam Name: Kimi (SSRP, Surf) / Vivi (TTT, DR, PH)

Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam GMT +1

Steam Profile: Kimi / Vivi

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:37789165 / STEAM_0:0:197988528
Why are you interested in being part of the Community Council?
Over the years of being a member of this community, it has brought me many laughs and many tears. It has given me plenty of fun but also plenty of headaches. Serving in the SSRP Lead Team about a year has made me learn a lot and helped in becoming more mature over the years. Part of the reason I turned out to be the way I am is because of this place. Skills that have served me well in life both digital and non-digital landscapes.

Now I have recently come back to the forums and have learned that a lot has changed, with the addition of the council, something I think was a pretty good idea it is possible for users to bring ideas straight to light with the community team. I wish to give back some to the community and I think that joining the community team will be instrumental in making it easier for me to get back into it. As I am not currently able to make a commitment to become a staff member on any server as of now.
Why do you believe you should be selected for the Community Council?
(We recommend at least 100 words)

I've been a member of the community since 2013 and I've had my fair share of being staff as well as being a normal player. I have been staff on SSRP (up to Head Administrator), on Prophunt (Super Administrator) Surf (Moderator) and Murder (Administrator and Developer). I have also been a forum Global Moderator and even TeamSpeak (Head Administrator). And I've played across all the other servers globally for at least a dozen hours each, and sometimes up to hundreds if not thousands of hours.

I think that I have a pretty good understanding of the pasts of DarkRP and Prophunt. I've seen hundreds of players come and go and I have seen that some managed to stick to their guns. I've never (on purpose) broken a rule and do my best to adhere to guidelines as much as possible. I've seen the rise and fall of murder and I made many friends and some enemies along the way.

The community provided a lot to my life and I wish to once again provide my services for the community's life. Albeit in a bit of a less active way than becoming a proper staff member. I'll do my best to drag Loadsamoney along to play some TTT in the future too. It has been a while after all. Might even run for staff for it sometime if I find the time.

I wish to represent the community as a whole both point shop servers as well as the DarkRP server having had experience with each. And caring about them all just about equally, SSRP will always have a special place in my heart but I always enjoyed playing on the others as well. For those on pointshop servers that don't know me, sorry, I don't mean to seem like I saint I know I am not! I've not played it nearly as much as SSRP but I respect the servers and wish for them to flourish.

If I were to be denied because I'm not super active on the servers that is fair, I thought I'd put it out there regardless. I understand I may not have interacted much with the community council but I'll do my best to be a bit more active on steam, discord, and I'll be hanging around Teamspeak sometime, allowing y'all to get to know me better. I don't make many suggestions but do my best to provide feedback where I can. Hope you all have a great day :heart:.

The other mentioned suggestion as since been releaed, you can find it Rewrite Deleting/Locking Posts Policy! Yes I may only have 2 suggestions active right now, however, combined they are 5,836 words 31,883 characters. Now beat them apples! My other suggestion: Rework CM election policies.

P.S. Does anyone have Chute's Discord? I wish to ask him about something regarding a policy, necessary for the upcoming suggestion.
P.P.S If any of the community council members would like to speak to me to get to know me or get in contact with me for one reason or another you may add me on steam and I will provide you with my discord. Always willing to have a chat!
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Kemi. Reason: That dot...
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, JustGurp, slodoban milošević

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273261

:support:

I also have had the temptation to apply for the community council, but not only will I not get it. I don't think I have the time to dedicate to it.

Kemi, I have known you for a very long time...

You were a very professional staff member and even as a player with absolutely no authority over anyone else you still act more professional than 90% of the staff on the community. You always deliver clear, well thought out posts regardless of the topic and do so in a very informative way.

Your ideas for the community are always great and in detail and I believe you can actually deliver a lot of good change given even half the chance to do so. As far as I remember we haven't been staff at the same point on any server so I can't say much for your ability to debate in meetings, but from what I have seen from you in my time on the community I can imagine that's just as good as your forum presence...
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8581
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Nafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kemi

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273262

:plussp:

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273263

chuteuk#3823
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273280

Ezeh wrote:
chuteuk#3823

Thanks a lot! It'll come in handy with getting in touch.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273282

:plussp: Gives constructive responses and seems to have great ideas!
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273283

:plussp: told him to do the thing
  • JustGurp
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Harry enfield
  • Thanks received: 243
SSRP SUPER ADMIN
Ex Murder Mod
Ex-SSRP "Head Admin"

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273287

• Reversed
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 162

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273302

you deserve it +support
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273324

Nafe wrote:

I also have had the temptation to apply for the community council, but not only will I not get it. I don't think I have the time to dedicate to it.

Kemi, I have known you for a very long time...

You were a very professional staff member and even as a player with absolutely no authority over anyone else you still act more professional than 90% of the staff on the community. You always deliver clear, well thought out posts regardless of the topic and do so in a very informative way.

Your ideas for the community are always great and in detail and I believe you can actually deliver a lot of good change given even half the chance to do so. As far as I remember we haven't been staff at the same point on any server so I can't say much for your ability to debate in meetings, but from what I have seen from you in my time on the community I can imagine that's just as good as your forum presence...

I'd like to take some time to say thank you Nafe. I really appreciate the kind words especially since we've been on both shaky and solid ground at times. I'll keep trying to do my best for the community and regardless of whether or not I am given the chance I will do whatever I can to keep supporting it, I feel like I sorta owe it to it after the years of fun and distraction it has provided me with. Unless I am banned from the forums I'll do my best to stay on top of things and provide assistance where I can. But yes, once again thank you.

On another note: I added some extra text to the bottom paragraph, I know I've not been the most active as it stands, and I understand I have not made too many (yet too long) suggestions but I do my best to stay on top of things and keep my posts constructive and professional.

I'll gladly invite any Community members to seek me out and get to know me, I'll try to be on TeamSpeak, the forums, steam and in-game a more often so that I can be easily contacted. Regardless of whether or not I'll be accepted, I'd gladly seek out contact with those in and out of the Council so I may be able to provide assistance where possible.

Once more to put it out there: ff anyone wishes to reach me on my Discord (I'm most active there), whether it be to gain assistance in writing a suggestion, need mental support, or you want a simple chat, add me on steam and I'll provide you with the details as soon I am able.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273343

Outstanding application, outstanding professionalism, you will fit the role perfectly although there's one problem, i haven't seen you play any gamemodes recently.
I remember you as a crazy staff member on SSRP, always here to help, never slightly minging, always doing his job efficiently.

So at the moment i don't really know if you will come back and play on ps servers or SSRP but theres no doubt, you have my vote because i know you won't be giga lazy, you are always very positive and yeah, you are crazy dedicated, i can't take enough time to write arguments down on some posts mainly because i don't want to share my opinion and get shouted at from 70 ways.

Sucks my english was terrible back then, otherwise we would most likely be friends today :side:
You definetely have my vote and i wish you the best.

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273348

ToBeHonest wrote:
Outstanding application, outstanding professionalism, you will fit the role perfectly although there's one problem, I haven't seen you play any game modes recently.
I remember you as a crazy staff member on SSRP, always here to help, never slightly minging, always doing his job efficiently.

So at the moment I don't really know if you will come back and play on ps servers or SSRP but there's no doubt, you have my vote because I know you won't be Giga lazy, you are always very positive and yeah, you are crazy dedicated, I can't take enough time to write arguments down on some posts mainly because I don't want to share my opinion and get shouted at from 70 ways.

Sucks my English was terrible back then, otherwise, we would most likely be friends today :side:
You definitely have my vote and I wish you the best.

Thank you a lot Honest! I appreciate that you spent the time to write a proper reply and I appreciate the support. I acknowledged the fact I am not super active on the servers as it stands. But I'll try my best to make myself be a bit more present on all servers across the board in the future, as well as on TS and the forums. I'll do my best to fit the role, and I understand it is important to play on the servers I am claiming to be willing to represent, and thus I will become more active on them.

I also went through your reply (in the quotes) and corrected all mistakes (for old times sake). :huh: And hey, you can be friends with Gurp we can be friends too. All ya need to do is hit me up sometimes. Once again, thank you for your support.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: slodoban milošević

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273459

• Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273460

Akemi on top?
  • MickyJS
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 43

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273462

yes :support:
  • Pengu_
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 101
✮ Best Ex TTT Admin ✮
✮ Best Teamspeak/Discord Admin ✮
✮ Pengu_#6969 ✮

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273469

Yes, yes and yes :plussp:, I am almost 100% sure you are the solution to the current problems in our community, Someone open minded that knows how to deal with situations, #KemiForCM/CO
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by HoodDroid.

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273470

This is the only person capable of atleast making an attempt to return old players AND bring new ones

• Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273497

Genuine great guy, a while back we spoke and I was just like hey, your names familiar. Every time I see you post on the forums something of value is produced (for the most part). I believe that your outlook on things could be an integral part within the future of the community and its refreshing to see someone that is trying to help the best they can, despite not holding any staff ranks.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273510

Small Update! I'll keep it brief and simple, since my new suggestion came out I have updated the section of the application regarding the amount of suggestions that I have created. I won't ask you all to read it all again, after all its a minor change to include the second suggestion into the app itself.

I also really appreciate everyone's support so far and I'll do my best to get back to as many people as I can provided they add any questions or grant me feedback! Spoken of which, lets get to it.

Ashur wrote:
This is the only person capable of atleast making an attempt to return old players AND bring new ones

I doubt I can make old players return, regardless I'll try my best to try to nudge it into the right direction and perhaps I might persuade some people to make their return to the community.

P.S. Its been a while! Nice to see you again, despite our quarrels.
HoodDroid wrote:
Yes, yes and yes :plussp:, I am almost 100% sure you are the solution to the current problems in our community, Someone open minded that knows how to deal with situations, #KemiForCM/CO
Although I heavily doubt I'll ever become a Community Manger or Owner, (though I might run for the former if they ever open again) I'll try to work towards making the community a better place to all. It may seem like a cheesy goal but I've been working on some things, the suggestions I've put out so far are only a taste of what I may have planned.

Though the question is whether or not it ever leaves the drafting phase :pinch:
These things take hours to research, write, and style sometimes, trust me...
Spectrum wrote:
Genuine great guy, a while back we spoke and I was just like hey, your names familiar. Every time I see you post on the forums something of value is produced (for the most part). I believe that your outlook on things could be an integral part within the future of the community and its refreshing to see someone that is trying to help the best they can, despite not holding any staff ranks.
Aww, I appreciate your comment a lot. And thank you! We've had a very short talk indeed and I'm glad you somewhat remembered me! And it brings a smile to my face that you find most of my posts have value (Tends to give the boost I may sometimes need, I do find myself wondering if I am wasting my time sometimes due to doubt.)

I'm happy to read that you think my outlook on things may be a help, I really hope I can contribute and put some of my ideas to use! And yeah, I may not be staff but I genuinely want to help out where I can. Like I mentioned before I feel like I owe ZARP a bit for all the fun its given me in the past.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[Community Council] Kemi's Application . 3 years 7 months ago #1273545

• OxyFoxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • #FreeE