Current Gametracker Profiles:
S1: www.gametracker.com/player/zarandolph/da...arpgaming.com:27015/
S2: No longer operational
S3: www.gametracker.com/player/zarandolph/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Estimated Server Time:
927 hours, S1 & S3 combined.
Languages I speak:
English
How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
Becoming an admin has dragged me through so much. The importance of not forgetting certain things are active, as well as more experience in dealing with misbehaving players. More recent occurrences would be two separate drama incidents. Although not dealt with alone, I did my best to stay as calm as I could under that amount of stress. This past week, the week of 3/28/2020 (28/3/2020 for the UK), I had 27 weekly F1’s. Although with my first week of Mod, I had gotten 36 weekly F1s. Helping the community out has given me joy in knowing it’s a safer place for players. My last (real, authentic) in-game punishment was in 2017. My rapsheet hasn’t had any warnings from a staff member for more than a year, and I am proud of that. I’ve learned many things whilst being an admin/ moderator.
What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
I feel I am a responsible staff member when doing my duties. I am also very active. I feel with super admin, I would be able to better myself as an SSRP staff member, as I would have access to new commands. The disguise option is a great example, with this, a player may look at me and think I’m a regular player, and RDM me. I may then deal with that user appropriately. Professionalism while dealing with an F1 report is a strong suit of mine. I always ask for help when I am stuck. Either it be discord or directly in game. It depends who’s online. If granted super admin, personally I feel I could gain even more experience than as an admin. Example, helping out a lower rank.
Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
I fortunately haven’t had this happen to me many times, so there is not much I can mention. Although, for a brief amount of time, during an incident involving two players and I, there were no lead team members available. I had to try to get past how I felt intimidated and do my job. However, if the situation permits, I usually just try asking a same rank, or lower rank for help. That is if a lead team staff member cannot help.
Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
Firstly, I would check the forum post, and check the evidence. It would practically be the same thing as a regular report. Following, I would speak with the accused staff member to get their side of the story. As well as request any information to further guide a fair result. As well as asking the same thing of the accusing side. As I like doing, I’d ask other lead team members what they think. Usually just helps me feel confident in my decision, and that it was fair.
Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
To start off, I’d make sure to check how long they were banned, the offense, when they were banned, and if they have any recent punishments that would help support the long ban. If not, I would ask them to reduce the ban time, and explain to them that it would be more reasonable to ban them longer if they had any recents. As well as attempting to contact the banned individual and ask for their side of the situation. And gather any evidence or info and try to get a clear understanding of what happened. An example would be if an admin bans a member for a week for continuously prop surfing, I would suggest the admin reduce it.
A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
If the staff member was struggling, and it was brought to my attention. I would explain to them that it would benefit both the player and them to handle it properly. Or ask for help when they don’t know what to do. If the admin or mod was being disrespectful, or harassing the user, I would give them a firm warning to fix how they’re acting. If they would continue, I would mark them down and bring up the situation with a higher rank for a possible official warning.
A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
Evidence. I would ask for proof, and for both sides of the occurrence. To get the gist of what was going on. If I witness them breaking rules to a severe extent, I would demote and bring them up in the lead team meeting. It depends on severity. In case one of the members is wrong, I would cite the rule section to that staff, and tell them to not do it again.
A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
If two members of staff are arguing, I’d first attempt speaking with both separately, telling them they need to settle it quickly. I would describe to them how this could impact their rank on SSRP, and could result in a demotion. If for whatever reason it still pursues, it would be brought up in the lead team meeting to be voted on.
You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
Severity. If it’s bad enough to where multiple users send complaints my way, and it seems like the staff member repeatedly abused, like mass RDM while godded/cloaked/no-clipping, I would emergency demote them and bring them up in a lead team meeting, mentioning the severity, what they did, and the rough amount of complaining users.
Side note: Please give feedback, it will help me better myself.
  • WindowsME
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 14
WindowsME is the best OS!
[Ex-SSRP Administrator]
[Zarp VIP]
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by WindowsME.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206018

:plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp: :plussp:
  • finlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 197

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206021

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :minussp:

You literally dont punish people if they are rulebreaking against people you dont like
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1995

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206022

what is a space?
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11215
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123123123, BCAT

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206024

:minussp:

Always afk
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206026

I don't want an SA that no clips in front of me during nukes and makes me waste my ammo on him and randomly no clips during nukes to the point where it can majorly change the outcome
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206027

OnionRings wrote:
what is a space?
It's called a paragraph clever
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206030

ive already told you my opinion. if you want more feedback u can PM me again on discord

• Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206052

Micky wrote:
OnionRings wrote:
what is a space?
It's called a paragraph clever

So the entire app is a paragraph I guess.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd
  • Thanks received: 242

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206054

jusu free jusu wrote:
He's scared to use his admin powers and refuses to punish people he likes
Scared part is iffy, but I do in fact punish people I like. And I'd say more hesitant. There's always that fear of messing up.
  • WindowsME
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 14
WindowsME is the best OS!
[Ex-SSRP Administrator]
[Zarp VIP]
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by WindowsME.

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206055

WindowsME wrote:
jusu free jusu wrote:
He's scared to use his admin powers and refuses to punish people he likes
Scared part is correct, but I do in fact punish people I like. And I'd say more hesitant. There's always that fear of messing up.
not the best advert for a super admin
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: WindowsME

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206065

Instantly begins to mald whenever someone mentions the fact that you're a furry, guess what buddy, you chose that for yourself, you should have known that every sane person would think you were a complete degenerate.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1636
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, Zarpgaming

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206085

I'll be reviewing this application because of its importance due to it being an application to get into the Lead Team for SSRP and because you requested feedback (also because I am bored). My review will be based solely on the application itself, with few references to outside of the application as well but I will not be delving into any staff and non-staff related dramas. I will be working my way down the application and speak about things in order and then ending with a general summary.

First question - How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator?

1. What do you mean when you say "The importance of not forgetting certain things are active..."? Do you mean to say that you are always having to keep things in mind, or something else? It'd be better if this was rewritten to something more coherent that flows better with your paragraph.

2. "...I had 27 weekly F1’s." Last week I had around 50 reports completed and on one week I had well over 300, this is not to say that you've done poorly, but 27 reports handled is not very much and yes I do realize the server is not as populated as it used to be. I am concerned about this because to your "best recollection" you say you've had more than 27 weekly F1's, yet you do not explain by how much you beat that 'score' or if what you said is even confirmed, the reason this furthermore concerns me is because you state you've had nearly one thousand hours of time on the server to get more than 27 weekly f1's done on one of those weeks.

3. "I’ve learned many things whilst being an admin/ moderator." But what have you learned? As far as Lead Team applications go, this answer is unfortunately very short and not very well thought-out. What have you learned as an Administrator? How has what you have learned helped you and how will those things help the Lead Team? What have you learned that you can take with you to the Lead Team and what can you bring to the table with your time as an Administrator?

My conclusion on the first paragraph with the points I've made is that your response has not been very well planned out and is simply too short and simply insufficient to me at least. I'd like you to add more and explain in a lot more depth and detail, with stronger points. What did you do to cope with the "two separate dramas"? What about not receiving punishments for a long period of time is important? Etc.

Second Question - What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?

1. This isn't too big of a deal, but "I feel I am a responsible staff member when doing my duties." You FEEL? If you want to help prove that you are fit for Super Administrator then instead of "I feel" it should be "I am" or "I know", just a nitpick from myself.

2. "I am also very active." I don't doubt that you are on the server very often, but if you were very active you should most definitely have more than 27 weekly f1's.

My conclusion to your second paragraph hinges on the fact that within the question provided it states you can go into as much detail as you want. But for me, instead of that meaning that you can put very little detail, I'd say it actually means you should put as much detail as you can without making your response overwhelming. This response is underwhelming however.

Third Question - Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available?

1. "I had to try to get past how I felt intimidated and do my job." In my opinion based off of this alone (you becoming intimidated when staffing) I feel that you simply need more experience in situations that are difficult to handle.

2. It is always good that you'd request for help in a situation where you're unsure of what to do or how to handle the issue at hand. Though as you go farther up the ladder I'd hope that you are preparing to learn and function without the continuous assistance of others, taking responsibility for yourself and handling situations independently.

Fourth Question - Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member.

I don't have anything really to complain about in this section besides the fact that your response is very short, though I don't feel it should be a long response either.

Fifth Question - Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

Once again I do not have anything to mention here besides the fact that it'd be nice if you added far longer of an explanation/answer to these questions, I'd also appreciate that you don't "suggest the admin reduce it..." if the ban is very clearly abuse and incorrect and instead you directly fix the problem yourself.

Sixth Question - Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

A recurring theme is that you are not giving a sufficient enough answer, your answers should be longer than half of a paragraph. It is your duty as a Lead Team member to staff the staff, if a staff member is doing something incorrectly you should be able to know about it without it being reported by many people.

Seventh Question - Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

The question is that a staff member has accused another staff member of breaking rules, not that you have witnessed a rule break on your own. Once again it would be much better if your responses were in far greater detail, the answer to this question simply feels half-baked and rushed.

Eighth Question - Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

Once again this answer is insufficient because it is far too short. What is the context of their argument? How could it impact their rank? Why could it cause a demotion? What do you do if they begin to turn their argument towards you? Would you offer your own opinion or insights on what they are arguing about? In what way would you speak to them separately and to what lengths would you go to in order to have a peaceful resolution to the issue? Please provide longer responses.

Ninth Question - Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

Again, the theme continues where I don't believe this application is finished. You would only act if the admin repeatedly mass rdm'd with God-mode on? Why? An immediate emergency demotion would be in place if they did that once. Your responses once again need to be far longer and in way more depth and detail.

Conclusion for the entire application: I don't believe that you're ready to be a Super Administrator due purely to this application (not taking into consideration things outside of the application). The application needs significantly more work to be put into and all of your answers to different questions are more or less the same. You need to put much more effort into your application and plan out your responses to make them meaningful instead of a rinse and repeat. You are on the right path if you continue to work on what you do and improve. Though this application is mostly negative, it is because I want to point out the flaws so you can fix them and once again like I've said; improve upon those flaws.

Your application has absolutely no structure and is even hard to look at, why is nothing spaced out? Why is everything mashed together? Why are the responses so short? Compared to other applications this application is tiny, this app just simply isn't finished and doesn't have enough effort put into it.

EDIT: I had a very hard time writing a substantial review of this application because there wasn't enough to really write about, so I am sorry for that.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd
  • Thanks received: 242
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Dramn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWORD, 0yc37xrk6m, WindowsME, Zarpgaming, KrypticOG and 1 more...

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206100

Huperchild wrote:
Hi dramn I am NOT going to quote you but 27 f1s is a LOT on peak 4 players!

You are VERY funny.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectrum

[SSRP Super Admin] WindowsME's Application 3 years 11 months ago #1206119

:plussp:
  • menameisemil
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP