Here!
What server are you applying for?
Prop Hunt
SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:161928514
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Here!
Estimated Server Time:
~85 hours (based on in-game time, not Gametracker)
Languages I speak:
English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator: I've been Prop Hunt staff for almost 6 months, just over 4 months of those as an Admin, and with various changes throughout the staff team recently, I feel I would be able to help out the server more with suggestions, getting current staff more motivated to play, getting new staff and training them and more. I'm very familiar with all the commands, having used most if not all of them available to an admin, and I always try my hardest to get my time, even with other priorities, and if I don't get my time, I'd accept the consequences and not timefarm to get 3 hours a week.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
Server Activity: I am always putting effort into getting my time on the server, and when I'm on there, I'm happy to help other staff and users when they can't find a command, don't know how to do something or are stuck and need my assistance.
TeamSpeak/Forums: Recently I've been going on Teamspeak almost daily, talking to the few members of the Prop Hunt community I see, as well as people I know from TTT. I attend all meetings I can and often voice suggestions and ask how suggestions are progressing, for example if there are new features, maps or bugs that are being worked on, I'll ask how they're coming along and when they're likely to be implemented. On the forums, I respond to everything Prop Hunt related, and when there are applications I like to give my feedback, often going into detail about why I do/don't support an applicant for TTT or Prop Hunt, and sometimes elsewhere if I have something to say. I don't like to spark arguments on the forums, and I try to steer clear of people who are likely to cause drama.
Attitude: I have a very good attitude on the server, as I said always willing to help out if needed and available to help people who need it, and if I mess up or make a mistake I'm not one to argue and fight back, I'll apologise and move on. I haven't been warned on Prop Hunt (besides getting fucking gimped) in the 6 months I've been playing, nor have I received a warning or demotion, and I've never been banned from TS, Discord or the Forums, so I can follow rules and guidelines and be a good role model.
Trust: I feel I am very trustworthy as I can have a discussion with people without sparking arguments, but I can hold a debate with someone and discuss any issues there may be, and in terms of reports against me, there haven't been any as far as I know, so I'm not one to break rules and harass people.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available: Obviously whenever people are hacking a lead team member is needed to deal with them, but also when there are ~30 people on and I'm alone it's difficult to tell whether people are ghosting, hacking, anything like that, and as a Super Admin, I would be able to anticheat any suspects and if they are hacking, they can be punished accordingly. It would just make staffing when the server starts to fill up that little bit easier.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member: I would claim the report for myself and go through what happened first by myself, then with anyone involved, usually the staff member in question and anyone else present, and come to a conclusion.
If it was accepted:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

If it was denied:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would ask the staff member why they banned the user. If the ban reason is valid, I would ask how long they banned them for. If the ban was too long, for example it's their first ban and they were banned for 2 weeks for multiple accounts of ghosting, I would explain to the staff member that this is a bit excessive, and I would ask them to lower the ban down to a few days. Finally, I would tell them to be more careful with ban durations or there may be consequences in future.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
Firstly, I would find out what the staff member is having issues with, then remind them of what commands they should use in that situation, for example gagging someone for x amount of time for micspamming. I would then make sure that they know what to do on their own, should something similar happen again.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would take any available evidence and reach an overall conclusion, if necessary by talking to anyone involved. Then I would talk to both staff members and discuss what happened, and why I came to a certain decision. If accepted, I would talk to the accused staff member, and bring up the incident in the next LT meeting, and if denied, I would talk through why I denied it to the accusing staff member.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
Firstly, I would make sure that the argument doesn't get in the way of other people, usually by taking the discussion to a private spacer on Teamspeak or in Admin Chat in game. I would then break up the argument, and find out what's going on and why they are arguing. I would attempt to resolve the situation and explain that as a staff team we are here to work together, and I would finally bring up any notable incidents in the next LT meeting.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would ask the staff member to join me on Teamspeak, where I would then talk to them about what they're doing and make sure they know that what they're doing is not acceptable. If at any point they ignored me and continued to break rules, I would be forced to emergency demote them. Either way, I would again bring up the incident in the next LT meeting.

Thanks for reading my application! Please leave any constructive feedback in the replies, don't derail the topic!
Edit: I've given up on thanking every plus support so no more farming thank you's Buffy
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Chespin.
The topic has been locked.

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] Chespin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1170626

No reason to deny :plussp:
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Good Pianist

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] Chespin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1170632

Buffy wrote: