Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Steam Name: Gin
Time Zone:GMT +2
What server are you applying for? TTT
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:56561333
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Estimated Server Time: 19691 Minutes/ ~328 hours
Languages I speak: Finnish and English fluently
How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I have been a staff member of the ZARP community for a while now. I have encountered many different situations between players and staff members and have learned from them. Whenever I see a staff member struggling with something, I try and help him as best as I can, whether the problem lied in handling a report or dealing with a player. Sometimes, not often, I would see a staff member unsure of the rules and I'd try to explain them the situation, although that usually required the word of an SA or higher for them to believe me.
I want to do my best to guide Admins and Moderators to the right direction.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I've been an admin for a collective time of 5 months and during that time, I've gotten very experienced in different areas such as handling reports in-game and on the forums, handling difficult players, guiding confused staff members in the right directions, all of those being key characteristics super admins have.

After becoming an admin for the first time I've been very interested in the duties that the Lead Team members have. Even after my interest in playing the Trouble in Terrorist Town game mode dropped I still had that possible dream of becoming LT and doing work for the community outside of the game.

Although all of the work LT members do is appealing to me, training new staff members must be the job I'm looking forward to the most. I've already trained a moderator the first time I was around with Nepgear and it went very well and it was very fun. I'd consider my experience and passion for teaching/training others to be my greatest trait for this position.

I always remain calm when playing the game and dealing with staff members duties. I can handle any situation, no matter how hard it is, ranging from a confused newbie that just wants to learn the game mode, to a troll screaming into a microphone purposefully trying to cause harm or a staff member losing his temper.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

Well I've had many classic encounters with hackers, varying from easy to annoying. Easy is when the hacker straight up murders the whole server and I can ban him straight away for Mass RDM and afterwards giving videoproof for his hacking. Annoying is when the hacker tries to cover his hacking and I end up recording 10 minutes of his gameplay and THEN giving it to LT to vote on at the next meeting.

I've also tried to settle a conflict between two staff members in a professional way, but it required the word of a higher up in the end to make the participant in fault to believe his actions were unjust.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
First of all, I would say I'm handling the report. I would take a look at the evidence the player provided and ask him to provide some more if the proof wasn't sufficient enough itself. After that I would talk to the staff member in question and hear his part of the story. If possible, I would talk to the user/staff member who made the report as well. Taking the evidence and and stories of possibly both sides into consideration, I would accept it or deny it.

Accepted:(If abuse wasn't serious)

Accepted:(For more serious abuse)

Denied:

(If the abuse report was denied because of lack of proof I would still keep an eye for the specific staff member)

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would ask the staff member for his reasons for banning the certain player. If his reasons for the long ban are reasonable I would leave it.(Of course if the ban was for something like recent punishments, I would check them myself as well.) If the staff members reasons are unreasonable, I would ask the certain admin to reduce it. After the ban has been reduced I would link the certain admin Johnler's old topic about ban situations and lengths to give him a grasp of the correct ban timings.
A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
First I would ask the staff member to join TeamSpeak because then, talking to him would be easier. I would then enlighten him with some wack roasts he could use against the players. Lastly, I would inform the staff member that he can always inform me of similar situations so I can join the server to gang up on the user.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would ask both parties to join me on TeamSpeak. On TeamSpeak, I would talk to both of em first separately to hear each ones perspective on the matter. After that I'd let them speak to each other and try to solve the situation there. I'd ask the accusing party to provide some evidence to back up his claims. If he provides enough evidence, based on how badly the accused staff member broke the rules, I would either talk to him about his little mistakes or bring it up in the Lead Team meeting. If I'm not provided with enough evidence, I'd have to just try and talk it through and tell the accusing party to gather more evidence next time. (Of course I would keep the accuses in mind towards the certain staff member if something alike happens in the future.)

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I'd invite the staff member who ignited the shit storm to TeamSpeak to have a chat with him more easily. I'd ask him what's what, how's life going and why he disrespected the staff member in such a manner or what were his reasons to spark an unwanted argument among the staff team. After hearing his reasons for latching out, I'd advise him not to do it again since it causes unwanted problems and drama. I'd also tell him I'm often online if he ever has the need to talk to someone.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I'd try to contact him through the admin chat in-game or through steam if I had the staff member added as a friend. After telling him to stop doing what he's doing because it's against the rules, I'd ask the staff member to join me on TS. (If the staff member ignored me and continued abusing/breaking the rules badly, I could always emergency demote the guy.) On Teamspeak(Or via steam chat or admin chat), I'd explain to him VERY CAREFULLY that what he was doing was very wrong and make sure he understands his mistakes that he never does it again. I'd link the staff member with the rules, if he by any chance has forgotten some parts of it. If necessary, I'd train him again for his role.

Extra stuff

• Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Gin.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158148

yes men :plussp:
  • Reversed
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 162

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158152

disturbing videos...
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158160

Eddie. wrote:
disturbing videos...
Maybe don't ask for them then? Also, This has nuttin' to do with my SA app !
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158173

Gin wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
disturbing videos...
Maybe don't ask for them then? Also, This has nuttin' to do with my SA app !
Well, bud it does as some of those videos end up in the staff discord. Your a nice guy and I would love to have you part of the lead team but I feel like you have a lot to prove to the lead as your barley in communication with us. I have been told that you were removed several times off the worksheet for not doing anything and I personally don't see why you should be accepted into the team as you have not shown me any leadership qualities or offer anything to the lead team in my opinion. If you improve on this and start showing us why we should accept you then I will happily support you.
  • Turtle965
  • Legendary Member
  • #SaveTheTurtles
  • Thanks received: 221
Take a walk with a turtle and behold the world in pause
Bruce Feiler

Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Turtle965.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gin

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158272

Thanks for bringing all these points up man I appreciate it and I'll try to address these as best as I can.

The spreadsheet thing was something I was a bit confused about. After being added to the list of people that could edit the TTT spreadsheet, I almost instantly did so. In addition to me editing it, there was 3 other non-LT members editing it. 2 days pass after I got the rights for it and only 1 applicant posts his/her app on the forums and I didn't get to add it to the spreadsheet. The following day I open the forums and the spreadsheet to check if there's something I can add and I see an applicant and I also notice that my rights have gotten removed from the spreadsheet. It was at this point I was confused as to why I got removed since there was next to nothing to add to the spreadsheet in the last few days and why the other non-LT members hadn't gotten removed for the same reason? Well I get added back and add the applicant I wanted to. Two days pass and I'm about to edit the spreadsheet because I notice something hasn't been added there and I couldn't because I was removed, Again. At this point I was wondering if the time limit is 2 days without editing. The whole LT and 3 other people are adding stuff to it and If I happen to miss the only applicant in 2 days, I get removed? Felt a bit silly.

I'm sad to hear that you haven't noticed my efforts to be more LT worthy and it isn't really a surprise, since I tend to help out other staff members in need when there's no LT available to help them in-game. I could start taking screenshots every time I help someone if that's what it takes to prove myself :^)

Starting this week I told myself that I would try to communicate as best as I can with the Lead team. So far, whenever I'm online on TS, the LT members aren't online or they are deafened in another channel except for JimJam who I end up talking most to. Unfortunate timings I guess

Lastly for the videos; If someone literally begs me for weird shit and I give them some, it's not really my problem if they decide to spread it somewhere they don't belong for example the TTT staff discord. Now on the off-chance you're talking about the memes I post on the discord I'm sorry if they're disturbing but I just couldn't imagine anyone perceiving ricardo milos memes that way.

Thanks for the feedback buddy happy to hear your thoughts!
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: PoseidonEUW

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1158395

Gin is a good staff member, I myself have had encounters with him when I was a user and I can remember that he has always helped me out, including when I applied for mod. This is solid proof that you're good with helping guests and such and you definitely don't have to screenshot all your good deeds, but I'd like to see your best you can do, because I know you can and you're super cool B) .
:plussp:
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gin

[TTT Super Admin] Gin's Application 4 years 6 months ago #1159014

Bump! Give me your thoughts
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder