SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:62834883

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Here

Estimated Server Time:
22840 minutes (380 hours)

Languages I speak:
English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I've communicated with players about complaints and dealt with these issues to come to a final conclusion, whether this is reporting bugs or issues on the server or particular players/offenders. Attended many and all meetings I could (except when I am working) to vote for other applicants and improvements on the server. I've also dealt with my fair share of rule-breakers, and this isn't much different than being a mod. Except since being admin these past few months means I have been the deciding vote on how the player is punished via ban, etc. And it's frankly been quite nice having regular staff on as we all work together to keep the server clean.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:

My activity has and will continue to be extremely good on the server. Every week I get my minutes + a thousand more. (Aside from the recent 2 weeks I had away as you can see on the game tracker). I have taken on board the advice and feedback I was given from supporters on my last application and although I am quiet at times, I've made a big effort in upping my presence in Teamspeak this past week. I've been enjoying it quite a lot actually and feel pretty damned that I did not do this sooner. I'd be looking forward to working with everyone and becoming more talkative as time goes on, proving I am responsible and can be a great resource for ideas and creativity. I've even been thinking of server charity events and competitions (much like Uzi's deathrun one) to spark interest and more activity in the community and on the servers, and other marketing and fun stuff like that. I don't want to send you to sleep so you get the idea. I'll stop there.

I am currently the most active person on Deathrun, with hundreds of hours and ranked #1, it definitely is a positive factor for my application I hope. Showing my dedication and fondness for the deathrun game mode and Zarp as a whole. I would most certainly be dedicated to the role of Super Administrator just as much as I am dedicated now as administrator, and were back when I was a moderator. I have never fallen off or quit or decided the Zarp community wasn't for me. I am happy to be here and Gmod is super fun to play, has been for 5 years and I hope it will be for another 5. I have also been very busy on the forums as most of you have seen. Trying to post more plus help people out. Been cool to see everyone with their little graphics on.

Age doesn't always make a difference but I feel like I'm definitely one of the older applicants / current members on staff. And what comes with this is plenty of previous experience of being staff and also a maturity that some others may lack. Meaning getting carried away with particular powers and abusing them is not an option for me. I keep myself level headed, never get angry or upset. Frustrated? Yes. But I always work around things to the best of my ability and do what must be done for the best outcome of the situation. I am easy to talk to, understand people very well and am keen to keep learning.

I'm also responsible when it comes to the rules of the server, I understand them and if someone seems unsure I am always there to let them know what is and isn't okay. Giving little verbal or textual warnings to help correct someone's behavior on the server to a better path.

I can't speak for everyone but I feel as if I am quite well trusted. I've never lied or had a reason too, I am very open, straight forward and blunt with what I like to say and most of all honest. If there is a problem I tell someone if it is something I can handle I do. At this point, it's just acting like a decent human being and treating everyone else how you would like to be treated; simple but effective.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I don't have many times I can think of due to the powers I get as an Admin, dealing with people is simple enough. All I can think of is some of the times the server had issues and people were getting frustrated and angry. And no one was immediately online to help solve it. Of course, I don't have any ability to fix those kinds of issues but I did my best to tell people what was happening and even made several forum posts on issues so others who weren't yet on the server would know of the problem just-in-case. It's not much of an intense situation but that's what I have been faced with.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

If I was handling an appeal I would post a reply asap that I am handling the report to let other staff members know so no confusion or mishaps occur. Then I would add and attempt to make contact with the person making the report and contact the staff member too. I would ask the reporting player to provide evidence that the staff member broke a rule/rules. Meanwhile, I would gather both sides of their stories to compare with the evidence and help me decide. In the event, the reporting player did not have any evidence, or their story seemed illegitimate or not serious. Or the staff member proved their innocence I would deny the report with this

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

In the event the evidence appeared to be true with no worthy or rational explanation from the staff member, I would accept the report with this:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

Firstly, I would find out or ask the staff member who they banned, I'd gather the players Steam ID so I could check "punishments" and see any prior offenses they have made. I would also ask for any evidence to be passed over from the staff member to myself for viewing. Depending on how severe the offense was at the time, and compared alongside previous punishments, one of two things will happen.

Either the player does not deserve the length of ban time they were handed, or they did. If they did then I would assure the staff member they did the right thing and enforce positive feedback towards them and their actions. However, if the player did not deserve it and the punishment handed out from the staff member seemed to be rather excessive or unfair. I would explain to the staff member how they could have handled the situation better. Even some small advice like contacting a lead team member before making a ban if you are unsure for example. To make sure everything is all fine I would attempt to contact the banned player on Steam to let them know their ban time has been reduced or taken off. And I would do this via the ULX menu in-game, unbanning them via their Steam ID or re-applying a smaller ban time. Similarly, this could be accomplished via the staff member themselves, so I would tell them to do all the steps I have just explained to amend the issue.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would ask the staff member what is happening, to gather information on the situation if I were not in-game at the time. Or if I were I would skip straight to intervening. Once I can understand what the user is doing and what type of warning and/or punishment they deserve I would handle the situation myself to avoid any un-wanted altercations between the offender and the staff member as it could cause additional problems. I would then talk with the staff member, asking them what they thought they should have done, and explaining to them how to handle the situation better next time. If this is for a report on the forums, similar actions would take place, with me looking at the evidence and providing a second opinion on the matter, helping the staff member along when they need it.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Just like I would with a staff report on the forums. I would encourage them to make a report so all the information is easily accessible and laid out. Of course, this isn't always possible and it delays the problem being corrected, so in case they do not do this I would attempt to contact them both to join me on voice chat in Teamspeak or Discord and look at the evidence from both parties myself. I'd get statements from both sides of the stories to compare against the evidence and get a sort of judgment on both staff members. I would then deal with this like how I would a report. Perhaps a punishment is required or possibly it is just something to bring up in the lead team meeting. It is quite serious and should be treated as such.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I'd try to be the people pleaser and calm both members down. Attempting to lower the tone and calm the atmosphere. I can usually crack a few good jokes. But in-case this turns out to be a fire that keeps on burning I'd do what I could. Speak to the person seeming to be the cause and asking why they are doing it. Understanding the situation. Getting them both to talk to me would be great to help better my decision on what to do. If the abuser were to keep carrying on I may try something like a verbal warn or a possible punishment of a demote for example to show how serious the situation is. I would definitely bring this up in the lead team meeting as it is not something that has to be dealt with instantly. It would be best to discuss between the lead team to see what should be done about it.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I'd immediately get the staff member to join me on TeamSpeak/Discord to discuss why they are doing what they are doing. Perhaps it could be resolved with a good chat and a stern verbal warning. A little shakeup can sometimes bring someone back to their senses. if they have no real answer or refuse to join me thinking the problem will go away, I will certainly bring out punishments like a demote if what they are doing is abusing their power. The community and staff trust them with this and if it is not to be used positively to enhance the server then it should not be used at all. Depending on the severity and if they have or haven't listened to me I may have to hand out a punishment right away or I could wait and discuss with the lead team before deciding on what action to take.

Thanks
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • An Old Man
  • Thanks received: 1137
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Siren.
The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155445

:plussp:
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siren

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155447

Siren is a very helpfull staff member and is basically always on the server when I look.
Great guy
:plussp::plussp:
  • Evan123
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 153

-TTT Ex-Admin-
-Deathrun Ex-Head Admin-
-Ex-TeamSpeak Staff-
-Surf Ex-Mod-

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155485

• Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5419

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155508

Although i dont have any evidence on it i saw you timefarming for about 5-6 hours..

Good luck!
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Cookie Banana.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155510

:support:
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155519

• BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155524

Definitely deserves it

• Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155529

Played about 2 hours of DR and I've heard two people say something along the lines of 'I'm not good, you should try playing with Siren'
And if noobs like bad dog can get Admin you definitely deserve better
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: ImTooFastForYou, Rule

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155538

• eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155542

2fast4you wrote:
Although i dont have any evidence on it i saw you timefarming for about 5-6 hours..

Good luck!

Cheers for another pointless reply on my app.
It was roughly 2 hours but I appreciate the over-exaggeration.

I don't need to time farm, I play actively 99% of the time I am on hence being halfway to prestige 4. I went and left myself on spectator mode, I didn't know I was going to be away for that long otherwise I would have left. But 2 hours really doesn't make a difference in the time garnered this week or most weeks by myself.

But at the time I did come back you were exploiting the map and going across the top of Aztec and I had to tell you to stop, so I am sure in those 2 hours without any staff on you had plenty of fun. For being ex-staff it sure is entertaining seeing you break rules like this and also trying to push as much negativity onto someone else as you can.

(If you have any other issues or need to report something please use the simple report system on the forums here, if you'd like to talk to me I'm on Deathrun rather a lot, or add my Steam, Discord or hop in Teamspeak. I'm usually in one room or another).

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155632

Siren wrote:
2fast4you wrote:

Good luck!

Cheers for another pointless reply on my app.
It was roughly 2 hours but I appreciate the over-exaggeration.

I don't need to time farm, I play actively 99% of the time I am on hence being halfway to prestige 4. I went and left myself on spectator mode, I didn't know I was going to be away for that long otherwise I would have left. But 2 hours really doesn't make a difference in the time garnered this week or most weeks by myself.

But at the time I did come back you were exploiting the map and going across the top of Aztec and I had to tell you to stop, so I am sure in those 2 hours without any staff on you had plenty of fun. For being ex-staff it sure is entertaining seeing you break rules like this and also trying to push as much negativity onto someone else as you can.

(If you have any other issues or need to report something please use the simple report system on the forums here, if you'd like to talk to me I'm on Deathrun rather a lot, or add my Steam, Discord or hop in Teamspeak. I'm usually in one room or another).

Thanks for the feedback.

Still dont see a reason to stay in spec mode for those "2" hours

Good Luck!
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155672

Cheers mate.

And thanks to everyone for the support.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155674

Hey man seen you on deathrun you are a absolute beast. Plus you are a really nice guy you know how to do your job and you even taught me a bit
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155687

:minussp:

Uses pre speed binds
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155688

A Good Pianist wrote:

Uses pre speed binds

what a noob
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155691

If anything he’s just boosting the player count, and deathrun needs that since the popularity of the gamemode isn’t so high. Sure, it may have been an accident but it does more good than harm.

They have to promote you this week, I fail to see a single reason why they wouldn’t.

Good luck once again!
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155694

Jim_Jam wrote:

If anything he’s just boosting the player count, and deathrun needs that since the popularity of the gamemode isn’t so high. Sure, it may have been an accident but it does more good than harm.

They have to promote you this week, I fail to see a single reason why they wouldn’t.

Good luck once again!

Did they ever let you back in the meetings?
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155709

• maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1155716

Plankton wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

Uses pre speed binds

what a noob

Innit
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder