Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Super Admin] Sisky's Application

[TTT Super Admin] Sisky's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1150010

Steam Name: Sisky

Time Zone: GMT

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119536005/

What server are you applying for? TTT Super Administrator

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79635138

Current Gametracker Profiles: www.gametracker.com/player/Sisky/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/

Estimated Server Time: 240+ hours
Languages I speak: English, French

[/b]How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I have been staffing on the Zarp TTT server for a couple of months now, overpassing and resolving problems and situations that occur on a regular basis on the server. I have gotten on well with the staff team and casual players coming on and off the server. When there is a staff member struggling with something, which does not occur very often, I am keen to help them to ensure they learn from their mistakes. While I may not be the most popular or interesting staff member, I do try my best to make good relations within the community.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
I joined the Zarp Staff team back in January, after I worked up the confidence to submit an application after playing on the server casually for a year and a half. I have been an admin since March and feel that I am capable of handling a little bit more responsibility. While my numbers on the forums may not be very impressive in terms of posts, I do look at the forums to ensure I don't miss a thing that is upcoming in the community.

After I became Admin, I learned many new things in my months of experience and have always looked up to The Lead Team as an example, I hope I too can be an example to new and experienced staff on the TTT server. I would be very pleased to do more work for the community on and off Garry's Mod.

After being trained by members of staff such as Kurze and Lotto, I aspire to train staff myself someday. Being a Super Admin means more than just a title to me. It means assisting others, working hard and doing your part for the Zarp Gaming Community, things that I am very much looking forward to do. While I am rather quiet on the server, I feel that I'm quite a calm person and understand a sincere apology in reports when I see one. I do not want to strictly enforce the rules on any players on the server, I want them to have fun while making the game enjoyable for everyone online. The situations that occur on the server are usually manageable by myself, which I believe proves my ability to lead and work independently.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
Hackers can be quite common on the server and usually join early in the morning or late at night to avoid punishment from staff members. I am usually on around these times, meaning I bump into players like this quite frequently. With the abilities of an administrator, it is easy for me to record and ban these players when I am certain of their offences such as 'Mass RDM' and I can later send proof to the forums or a Lead Team member.

Another situation I encountered was staff disrespect and racism across the server when no other staff members were available. After being private messaged and called many names by a player, that probably should not be said anywhere, I banned him/her for racism after numerous gags, kicks and warnings. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing after a while so I later asked a Lead Team Member for advice. He said I did the right thing and made a "good call".

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
The first thing that I would ensure to do after informing the victim and reported that I am handling the report is to make sure that I have not chosen sides before seeing both sides of the story and its evidence. I would not do anything drastic towards anyone until the evidence provided is sufficient enough. I would talk to the staff member and the player who made the report privately before verifying that each side of the story is correct, and depending on the circumstances of the situation I would accept/deny the report. If the report does not get accepted due to lack of evidence, I would ensure the offender does not make the same mistake and watch out for them on the server

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would ask the member of staff for their reason for such a lengthy ban, and if the reason is, well, reasonable I would forget about the situation. If the ban is excessive over the reason given I would ask the member of staff to kindly lower it or speak to a Lead Team member to do it for them. I would encourage them to read over the rules and previous posts about ban timings after the ban is reduced.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would ask the staff member to join TeamSpeak so that we could talk about the matter in private so that the entire lobby doesn't have to listen in on the situation. I'd tell him/her to keep a cool head even when players are not taking your advice on board or annoying them, and tell him/her if they ever need advice in the future to contact me or another member of staff

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would have to listen to both sides of the story and verify the facts of the situation before deciding on who's in the wrong. I would do this through TeamSpeak. I would need to see circumstantial evidence before I make any further actions. The matter in hand is about staff breaking community rules and his/her punishment depends on what rules have been broken and how badly. If it's a little mistake it can be corrected but if it is a serious offence I would ask for it to be brought up in the next Lead Team meeting. I would also be sure to try retain my relationship with both parties so that they always feel welcome to talk to me whenever they feel free.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I'd ask the staff member to stop talking to the other member for the moment and speak to him privately in a TeamSpeak chat room. I'd then ask about the situatiion and why he/she is reacting the way they are and advise them against it before something is said that cannot be taken back and to prevent hate within the community. I'd make sure to let them know they can speak to me or another trusted staff member for help in the future.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I'd private message the staff member or reach out to them through admin chat. I would advise them to stop what they are doing as it is both rule breaking and making the game less enjoyable for other players. I'd ask them to join me on TeamSpeak for a private talk about the situation. Through chat, may it be TeamSpeak, Admin Chat or Private Message, I'd ensure to explain in great detail the offence(s) committed by the staff member and would make sure they understand their mistake so it does not happen again before they land themselves in serious trouble. I would link them the server rules and ask if they are sure they can follow them, when I am comfortable I will let them resume their game as long as it is fair for all players. If they ignore my attempts to contact them and I can see that they are not AFK, I would contact a Lead Team member so that they can attempt to remove him/her from the server temporarily.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, I would like to let you know that it would be a great pleasure to work alongside the Lead Team and the rest of the staff team. I know that I may not stick out as an obvious contender for this position, but I would just like you to consider supporting my application. Constructive criticism is greatly welcomed and appreciated. B)
  • Sisky
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 40
TTT Adminstrator:
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Admin] Sisky's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1150027

I don't know what's going on as of late, but afaik you've been back off a lengthy inactivity for a few weeks, and by gametracker's standards your activity is a bit hot and cold, also I don't see you doing an awful lot of forum work, I could be wrong, and as I said idk about the spreadsheet, polls, etc. of the past couple of weeks, I wouldn't say you severely lack anything, but you don't stand out to me for anything in particular
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sisky

[TTT Super Admin] Sisky's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1150040

I haven´t seen you stand out in any way... I´d suggest working on that and being a bit more active as your game tracker shows a massive gap and not much time.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT Super Admin] Sisky's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1150133

Yes, I believe what Kurze and Chespin said is completely right.
Being a super admin is way more work than just admin, I know for a fact. Hence there are very few. If you want to get the position you’re going to have to do what you do best 10x more and show your competence in every section of zarp, whether it is activity, attitude or professionalism.
When you become way more dedicated to the server, then you’ll be ready for the position, because as of now, you have many alongside you that have done a lot of work and unfortunately, you don’t stand a chance against them.
No offense, I know you’re a good staff. But you can always get better.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

185 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127