[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148041

Steam Name: Jax
The link to my profile: steamcommunity.com/id/Jaxjaxjack

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68747891

Link to GameTracker for the server:
Server 1:

www.gametracker.com/player/Jax/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/

Languages i speak: English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I have been very dedicated to TTT and have put time and effort into becoming what i am now and what my reputation is like on TTT, on the forums and on TS and I plan to continue with this attitude too. My time as admin has contributed to becoming a Super admin because i have handled some situations now where some staff had made mistakes and i helped them correct their mistakes instead of shoving it back in their faces and putting them down with it which also shows my sense of maturity on and off the server. I have always tried to have a leader, but knowing of my place, attitude and i feel like i have more then enough for what it takes to be a super admin on TTT and will not disappoint. Edit: I used to be TTT SA before about year and a half ago and all this time added to playing TTT is a lot of experience of staffing.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Like I said I am active on the server and I try to come on whenever I possibly can and i'd like to think that I am liked by both the users and the staff team and I don't argue with many people but instead try to avoid arguing and getting impatient either with a user or member of staff.I have helped many people, both staff and users so they have the best experience on TTT as much as I possibly can as I make the community enjoy their time on the server even if I get strained on reports or people constantly rule breaking I always try to give the best outcome. I make a connection between users and staff and treat every player on the server and off the server the same with no biases. I have always followed the staffing policy and have 0 accepted report abuses against me on any server i have being staff on in the entire time i have staffed in zarp. I believe I am approachable and mature about any situation that comes across but don't have a "always serious" attitude. I look at every situation carefully and never do a half-assed job of anything. I always have given my all when on the server. On teamspeak, I am on usually everyday but obviously life can get in the way of that and will only be on for a certain amount of time. I try to talk as much as I can to staff and users on teamspeak and attend every meeting I can and say the goods and bads about applying staff. On forums I post actively, especially on anything regarding TTT and have kept a good attitude on forums and always have followed the TOU. Overall I only aim to improve all stated above as I aim to be the best in what I do.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have seen some people who were hacking before on the server that has made the game unfair for other people and every time there was someone using hacks I had to message a Super admin or head admin to come on as all the other staff that were currently in the server were either Moderators or Admins and none of us could use anti-cheat so we could not tell so I asked a super admin to come on and try to help the situation as much as possible.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I would look at the report very carefully and look to see if the certain staff member has had any problems with either the same guy before or has had multiple report abuses made towards the staff member. I will do this by either messaging the staff member on steam to get his side about it or go on preferably Team speak as the staff members friends list could be already full etc.

Hello Player Y. I have looked at your report against this staff member for falsely slaying you and have discussed this with the staff member in question and what the staff member did was very uncalled for and I am terribly sorry for this false punishment. The staff member did punish you falsely and I will warn him to never do this again as it has ruined your game play on the server thus this has been

:accepted:

Hello Player X I have looked at your report against another staff member for falsely warning you and have discussed this with the staff member and from the staff members view and from what the evidence you have given me the staff did in fact warn you for a good reason which shows the warn is valid and he did it fairly as stated in the rules thus this has been

:denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation: A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would of asked the staff member if they had checked the F6 menu to see how many punishments the user has received and if they say yes I will ask why did they ban that user for so long and if that user and that member of staff has had bad relations with each other I would tell them both to get on Team speak so i can discuss this both with the staff member and the user to explain what this means for both of them and that they should not fight with each other on the server and tell the staff member that no matter who it is you must treat them fairly even if you hate them otherwise if it continues i will bring it up in a meeting so we can choose whether you get demoted or warned and for the user if the user does continue to abuse the staff member they will get punished via warns,kicks or bans.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation: A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

If the staff member was new I would help them out and guide them through it by saying to open a chat so you get both full sides of the stories and then make your choice from that and if the staff member is still confused I will join the chat and guide that staff member through so the staff member can watch and learn from what questions i'm asking and how calmly I do it and try to calm down the reported player if they are mad. If a staff member was treating a user unfairly however (example: RDMX2 for 3 slays) I will tell the staff member why that is unfair and how if it was to be mass RDM then it would be 2 or 3 which is 3+ RDM's and if the staff member refuses to change it I would bring it up in the meeting that a staff member refused to follow a Super admins decision and that staff member will be warned or demoted.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation: A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would speak to both of the staff members on Team speak because if that staff member was spectating the other staff member to catch them doing something wrong I will point out that on the forums there is a pinned post about staff spectating other staff and I will ask the other staff member if what they did was accidental or not and if they apologise and say that it was really an accident I will warn the staff member to try not to make the mistake again as it can disrupt other staff and users as well as game play for everyone.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation: A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would tell everyone to get on Team speak that is involved in the argument and tell everyone that it is unacceptable to be behaving in a immature manner and that this should never happen again as it has caused a mass argument between everyone and no one else needed to join in as it was an argument between 2 staff members that was already bad enough. I will then go in a separate spacer on Team speak with the 2 main arguing staff members and tell them that they have to work together and I will speak to the staff member who was disrespecting the other staff member first and tell him that what he did was unacceptable and must never do it again otherwise they have a chance of been demoted.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation: You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would ask the staff member to go on Team speak for a chat then tell them why I wanted them on Team speak and then tell that staff member how bad it can make this server look to new players and how the staff member knows the rules very well so I will tell them that this was no accident and that they have to be demoted for harming users game play and showing a bad reputation to the server.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148043

You have NOT gotten better at Apex! :?

• CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148044

CeeZee wrote:
You have NOT gotten better at Apex! :?

I was good from the start what you talking about B)

See if it wasn't for the door incident we would of died instantly that game
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148046

To be completely honest you did only get admin just over a week ago and even though you've been staff a lot in the past I think you should still wait a bit before applying for lead team just after getting admin. I've not heard you talk too much in the meetings and you have only just started editing the spreadsheet, so you should keep that up for a while and if you get chance to do the polls in the meeting that's probably a good idea too.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by eddie..

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148054

Eddie. wrote:
To be completely honest you did only get admin just over a week ago and even though you've been staff a lot in the past I think you should still wait a bit before applying for lead team just after getting admin. I've not heard you talk too much in the meetings and you have only just started editing the spreadsheet, so you should keep that up for a while and if you get chance to do the polls in the meeting that's probably a good idea too.

Eddie the hater :3
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148055

Darling wrote:
Eddie. wrote:

Eddie the hater :3
I'd call it constructive criticism B)
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darling

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148061

Since I'm not staff anymore I cannot say this with 100% certainty, but throughout the time I was part of the LT while it is technically just recommended, we basically made it a requirement to have at least 4 weeks as administrator regardless of whether you're a new or returning staff member before we'd consider accepting them (though it is technically just recommended). For newer staff members it's more of an experience thing but also to make sure they stay dedicated to the server. The same goes for returning staff members, but it is mainly about dedication.

One of the key things I looked for in future Super Administrator applicants is the ability to take initiative, as I do not want a Lead Team member who will just kinda "be there" and only do things when told to. The recommended tasks to do when going for Super Administrator are not requirements (yet), but it is still a good thing to do some if not all of them as it's a great way of showing that you can take initiative, in addition it could strengthen your, helpfulness, trust and dedication.
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Nina. Reason: Added some stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax, Darling

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148077

:support: of course!Very friendly, active and helpful staff member.Jax have helped me out many times :lol:
  • Sryzo JUKE Squatta
  • Junior Boarder
  • ✓ Practice makes perfect ✓
  • Thanks received: 73
Mr. Asian Andy always harpoonED me :/
#BringbackEddieKurzeKevinandHarryRDMSquatta©™
(EX)TTT Moderator

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148091

yes yes #Accepted
  • Harry RDM Squatta
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Superadmin | Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex TTT Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Harry RDM Squatta.

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148097

You’re a great staff, Jax. But as Eddie said, SA is (as others say) a very important and responsible role and I think you should get more time as an Admin regardless of you being former SA.
Still :plussp:
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148106

Eddie4Sa
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • BCAT
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 646
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148150

As much as I feel you'd do a great job, something makes me think you're not ready, even though you were an ex-SA, i still feel like you need more time, Bosscomic is the only other person I know who returned after being ex-SA, and that took around a month and a half of being admin to get it iirc, so I'd hold out for at least 3 or 4 more weeks
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148151

Considering you recently got admin, I feel you should wait more time before becoming a SA again
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2232
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148181

Eddie. wrote:
Hold up, when was it at all needed to do all this poll and spreadsheet stuff as admin? Great he’s doing it, but how come it should be held against him that he’s only done it for a week? Getting SA isn’t a matter of whoever can do all the work of a lead team member when they aren’t. IMO there shouldn’t be admins doing spreadsheets and polls and whatnot because that’s a lead team role and there’s an element of trust involved, which I wouldn’t give to anyone unless I’d known them for a long time.

tldr I think the only valid thing in eddies reply is that you don’t speak in meetings and you just got staff
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kyber.

[TTT Super Admin] Jax's Application 4 years 7 months ago #1148185

Kyber wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Hold up, when was it at all needed to do all this poll and spreadsheet stuff as admin? Great he’s doing it, but how come it should be held against him that he’s only done it for a week? Getting SA isn’t a matter of whoever can do all the work of a lead team member when they aren’t. IMO there shouldn’t be admins doing spreadsheets and polls and whatnot because that’s a lead team role and there’s an element of trust involved, which I wouldn’t give to anyone unless I’d known them for a long time.

tldr I think the only valid thing in eddies reply is that you don’t speak in meetings and you just got staff
Doing the spreadsheet and polls is just something that can make you stand out from the crowd. It's helpful for proving your trust and dedication and I was told doing those kind of duties was something I needed to work on when I first applied. I guess it's just an expectation or something recommended to do by the current LT when you are applying. I don't see a problem with admins doing those duties and I also disagree with you when you say it's a LT exclusive role.

I gave that feedback to Jax because I myself was given that exact feedback from the LT, therefore I do think it is valid.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!