Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141926

Steam Name: UnLucky?

Time Zone: GMT

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/akabyr

What server are you applying for? SURF

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:209815750

Current Gametracker Profiles: www.gametracker.com/player/UnLucky%3F/pl...arpgaming.com:27030/

Estimated Server Time: 96 hour + (26hour old name Lucky?)

Languages I speak: English and Polish

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I think my time has been pretty good. I've always tried my hardest to complete my duties whether it be dealing with reports in game, on the forums and or simply giving a new player a hand. I am usually very active I can be easily contacted through discord, and steam. I'm almost always online so if someone needs something I will almost always be here.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
Attitude
I try my best to maintain a good attitude no matter what. I feel that I treat other players as they treat me, which is usually good. When there is a problem between a few players on the server I try my best calm them down and make the game as enjoyable for everyone.As a staff member i always need and try to act in a professional manner, as difficult behavior can influence other staff members and users to act the same. When i am on the server i always speak to users when playing and answering questions. When a user or staff asks me a question i will always answer professionally and in a calm manner. Sometimes when users are very aggressive and act in a wrong manner i will always keep calm and just ask them to calm down. Even when users are screaming rude or offensive words and phrases at me i will ignore them and only punish them correctly.

Experience
I feel that since I was promoted from Moderator to Administrator, I have greatly improved my friendship with members of the community and have gained new knowledge about what to do in certain situations. I believe that I have a good understanding of the rules and commands such as ban,gag,kick,slay,etc. I feel that feedback is very important and appreciate it greatly. After receiving feedback, I do my best to ensure players get more enjoyment out of their time on the Zarp SURF server.

Activity
I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the most active members of SURF staff that I devote most of my free time to SURF, I have never done farm afk, which means that all my game is well earned and I have achieved it in a short time since I joined Zarp SURF
I try my best to play on SURFevery day for at least 1-3
I can always be contacted via Steam, Teamspeak or Discord if anyone needs any help.

Forums/TS3 Discord Activity
You can not see it, but every day I'm on the forum at least 30 minutes and I spend time solving problems. I will always give feedback to user applications and provide my feedback and helpful tips on them. on TS3 I do not have much, but if I am already and someone needs help, I will help. On a discourse I am still active and will help me in difficult situations and look at what people have to say.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
One day, a hacker joined the server while there were no Lead Team members online. Me and a few other staff members then had to go into spectator mode to gather video evidence of the hacker due to the hacking policy. We then had to send this evidence to the Lead Team in which they discussed it in the Lead Team meeting. The hacker was given a warn for cheating. If I was a super administrator, I would have been able to run anti-cheat in hopes of finding cheats. I would then punish the cheater accordingly

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
First I would ask the player who reported the staff member if he has any evidence against the reported staff member. If he says yes I would look at this evidence and decide what to do with the staff member. If it wasn't something too serious like using noclip to retrieve a diamond block I would tell him to come on ts and I would have a chat with him about him abusing his powers and I would say that if I catch him again abusing his powers like this again I will bring it up at the meeting. If it was something more serious like mass rdming people by teleporting them and then killing them I would tell them to come on ts and I would demote them instantly.
If the player's report was accepted I would say something like:
Hello (player's name) after reviewing the evidence given I have decided that (the staff member's name) was abusing his powers and your report has been
:accepted: The issue has been dealt with. Have a nice day!

If the report has been denied I would say something like:
Hello (player's name) after reviewing your report I have decided that it will be
:DENIED: .(this could be becaue of lack of evidence or just because the staff member was within his right to do this specific thing) I have spoken to (the staff member's name) and I have concluded that he was not in the wrong. Have a nice day!

If the report has been denied I would say something like:
Hello (player's name) after reviewing your report I have decided that it will be :denied:.(this could be becaue of lack of evidence or just because the staff member was within his right to do this specific thing) I have spoken to (the staff member's name) and I have concluded that he was not in the wrong. Have a nice day!

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would approach the staff member about the ban and let him know that how and why this punishment is too long. Punishments shouldn't To long like that as the first time and we're here to help the users and enforce rules. i will let him know about the ban should be lowered and contact the player to let him know about the ban has been lowered and action been committed.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
After watching the situation for some time, I would approach the staff member privately and ask him, if he needs help. If he refused my offer, I would continue to watch him, as to assure that everyone gets treated fairly. If the staff member fails to get the situation under control or asks for help, I would take over.

After dealing with the situation, I would guide the staff member through the situation again and explain my throught process. I would make sure that the staff member knows how to handle those kinds of situations in the future and explain to him that everybody makes mistakes.
A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would first of all seperate the two staff members and talk to them individually. I would approach the accusing staff member first to find out what happened and collect proof, if neccesary. In those kinds of situations it always important that you're not biased and you're not assuming anything.

After gathing information and proof, I would approach the accused staff member. I would explain what the accusing staff member told me and show him the evidence they provided. I would then ask him for the reasoning behind his actions. If the accused staff member broke rules, I would make sure to remind him of his duties and his representative position within the community.

Depending on the severity of the situation, I would bring it up in the next lead team meeting. Again, if the situation is not brough up in the next lead team meeting, I would still let the other lead team members know about it. After that, I would tell both staff members, what happened and why it happened. Again, in this situation it's also important, that both sides are clear on why action was / wasn't taken to avoid them feeling unfairly treated.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I would first try to de-escalate the situation to avoid further negative behavior. I would then approach the staff member that initiated the argument to find out how it started. I would make sure to remind him that staff members should always act civil and tasteful towards each other and tell him that he shouldn't show negative behavior like this again. Depending on the severity of the situation, I would bring it up in the next lead team meeting. Again, if it's not brough up in the next lead team meeting, I would still make sure to let the other lead team members know about what happened.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
would first stop the staff member from causing any further harm and talk to them individually. I would calmly ask them why they broke rules and remind them of their representative position within the community. After getting the reasoning behind their actions, I would tell them that they mustn't break any further rules and that this will be brough up in the next lead team meeting. I would make sure to inform as many lead team members as possible about the situation, aswell.

I would proceed to watch the staff member every now and then until the lead team meeting comes up to ensure that they're following the rules properly. If they deliberately continue to harm the experience of oher players by breaking rules, I would have to take their powers away until the next lead team meeting, where his behavior would be discussed further.
  • UnLuckyYy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7
✯2x Ex Surf Moderator✯
✯Ex Prophunt Moderator✯
✯Ex Surf Admin✯
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by UnLuckyYy. Reason: I was charged with copying the application ... I changed it for that
The topic has been locked.

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141927

:plussp:
Puts a lot of effort into the server, very active, never afks and helps anyone in need. Good application too.
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821
The following user(s) said Thank You: UnLuckyYy

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141932

seems like a quality candidate
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dont worry im hilarious
  • Thanks received: 526
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by illegalimmigrant.

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141943

A rare Surf Super Administrator applicant appears! :o

Good luck!
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141954

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141968

You have just copied most of your application off of my Super Admin application found Here

Along with copying some of vodka's Application found Here

You clearly put very little effort into the application as you have just copy-pasted other peoples application straight onto yours
:minussp:
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rule.

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141970

Your two feedbacks on the applications were not really constructive and you didn't join a meeting since you became admin as far as I'm aware. Haven't seen you much in-game but when I did it you were always nice and had a good attitude. Good luck
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141971

Alright here we go again.
The Staff Report Abuse part of the application was COMPLETELY copied from mine, word for word.

My App

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Your App

Also don't forget the fact that everything else was pretty much copied from Rulebreaker's Application, you should show dedication to the server, and by copying 2 other Admins' apps (well Rulebreaker is SA now) is not cutting it. Shows lack of creativity and dedication to the server, when you don't even have time to put effort into this app. You'd rather copy my and Rulebreaker's Applications to save you an hour or two off.

You also copied this part completely from my application:

My App

Your App

Therefore this is a massive

• Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Vodka4Gaben.

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141973

RuleBreaker163 wrote:
You have just copied most of your application off of my Super Admin application found Here

Along with copying some of vodka's Application found Here

You clearly put very little effort into the application as you have just copy-pasted other peoples application straight onto yours

generally you can believe me or not, but it was a test if the administration is vigilant. I have already changed the applications;)
  • UnLuckyYy
  • Fresh Boarder
✯2x Ex Surf Moderator✯
✯Ex Prophunt Moderator✯
✯Ex Surf Admin✯

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1141974

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Alright here we go again.
The Staff Report Abuse part of the application was COMPLETELY copied from mine, word for word.

My App

Your App

Also don't forget the fact that everything else was pretty much copied from Rulebreaker's Application, you should show dedication to the server, and by copying 2 other Admins' apps (well Rulebreaker is SA now) is not cutting it. Shows lack of creativity and dedication to the server, when you don't even have time to put effort into this app. You'd rather copy my and Rulebreaker's Applications to save you an hour or two off.

You also copied this part completely from my application:

My App

Your App

Therefore this is a massive

generally you can believe me or not, but it was a test if the administration is vigilant. I have already changed the applications;)
  • UnLuckyYy
  • Fresh Boarder
✯2x Ex Surf Moderator✯
✯Ex Prophunt Moderator✯
✯Ex Surf Admin✯
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by UnLuckyYy.

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1142163

Would prefer if you actually attend meetings
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1142164

OnionRings wrote:
Would prefer if you actually attend meetings
lol
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1142268

That does not mean much to be honest. You only went to change your "accepted" and "denied" staff abuse reports when I showed everyone that you clearly copied it word for word from my application. You still didn't change your response to the first "Promotion Related" question, or to be more specific;

My App:

Your App

Still a No from me, I don't see a guy that doesn't even try to put effort into his app getting SA. Once you create an app that doesn't look identical to Rulebreaker's, my and other SA applicants' apps, you might have a chance at getting SA (at least in my mind). Only then would I even think of supporting you. Because just as I said on my first post, you copying other's SA Apps makes you look like you're desperate and lazy. That you don't even have time to write your own app.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1142272

Is PH staff but also allegedly copied some of the app
:neutralsp:
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[Surf Super Administrator] UnLucky's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1142318

I don’t see how this would test if staff were vigilant. I’m assuming you mean the surf staff so why are you using applications from TTT applicants to test the surf staff? Why would they know what the TTT SA applications look like? Wouldn’t it be better to use 1 of the current surf LT’s application to see if they actually read through it, therefore making them vigilant? It just doesn’t add up to me.
Besides, you still have some copied bits in your application
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Vodka4Gaben
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

180 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop