SSRP

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:62875951

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Server 1

Estimated Server Time: ~900-1000+ hours

Languages I speak
: Norwegian, English, Swedish and Danish
How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I have been a staff member for a few months now and I can, with confidence, say that my time as an administrator is greatly contributory to becoming an SSRP Super Admin. I have a lot of experience helping other staff members, I have talked to multiple staff members over Steam in regards to things they should/can improve on in order to become the best staff members. I am very thorough and I am not subjective. Regardless if you are an accomplice of mine I will still criticise you if I see it necessary. If a staff member makes a mistake, I make sure that they know how to avoid such mistakes in the future; if it is a serious matter, I will bring it up to a lead team member.

I feel as though I have acquired a lot of valued qualities during my time as a moderator and an administrator. I am very objective, analytical and precise.
What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I have a lot of reasons as to why I would be a good addition to the lead team and why I should receive the Super Administrator rank. Some of which I have already briefly mentioned in the previous segment.

Experience

I have been a staff member on ZARP SSRP for a few months now, and I have a lot of experience dealing with virtually all situations. That includes matters that are related to other staff members and so on. I have perfectly great verdicts, and as far as I'm concerned I have not seen any valid and/or serious complaints. I always make sure that I have reached the correct verdict and that I am fair to all parties involved, I am fully open to having my verdict changed if a revelation would change the outcome of a situation. This, I feel is crucial to being a Super Admin, and to being a part of the lead team in general. A biased lead team member is the last thing one would want, and I make sure to not only avoid being biased myself, but to call out other staff members that I can see are biased as well. Additionally, my experience helping out other staff members is also a big factor as to why I should be accepted as a Super Administrator. I went into detail about this in my previous segment so I will write this, so you already know to which extent this goes.

Trust

As a member of this community for around three to four years, and a staff member for almost two months. I feel as though I have gained a lot of trust. Especially so within the staff team. I have never abused, nor have I given an invalid punishment. This goes to show that I am a very trustworthy member of the staff team and that I will not abuse my powers as an SA (or as any other position, for that matter.) I am quite sure none of the staff members distrust me, so I don't see this being a problem at all.

Dedication

I consider myself extremely dedicated to ZARP and the SSRP servers. To the extent that which even when my hands were set on fire I was still active on the forums and tried my best to help. In other incidents where I have been unable to play, I still go far to help on the forums as much as I can. In fact, even at school, I have a tab open on ZARP. Whenever I am in-game I almost never roleplay anymore and focus solely on spectating and catching rule breakers. Additionally, I do F1s if it is necessary and nobody else is doing them. If there are multiple unhandled F1s, I try my best to encourage all online staff to do F1s as well.

In addition to that, I am very dedicated to making sure the ZARP staff team is filled with great staff members and I always want to make sure they are making the community proud. For example, I have no tolerance for abusive staff members and if I catch someone abusing, I will report it to a lead team member and discuss it privately with them as well. This is because I want what is best for the community and our servers. I believe dedication in all regards is important, and I feel as though I possess more than enough dedication in all regards, whether or not it is to preventing rule breaks or keeping the community and servers safe in general.
Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have encountered a plethora of interesting situations as an administrator that would usually require a lead team member. Due to my weird sleeping schedule, I find myself online at times when no lead team members are online. I am going to bring up a situation which I feel accurately reflects how I handle these specific situations. I won't mention the staff member(s) in question since it isn't really necessary, so I'll just call them Sally.

Honestly, this story could probably apply to multiple instances of mine. Anyhow; So basically there was this guy that was fairly pissed, as evident by the fact that he could not turn off caps lock. He didn't even bother to make an F1 he just saw me and started talking about a staff member abusing. First of all, I told him I would check for any lead team members that were online. I had no luck finding any active lead team members, though. Thus, I took the situation into my own hands. Since he was quite angry, I tried my best to calm him down. I told him that the situation is under control and that it will be handled appropriately. At this point, I had already brought him to a roof and asked him questions about the situation. I got the name of the staff in question; Sally. Thankfully, I was quite familiar with Sally, so I knew there wouldn't be an issue solving the situation. The staff member was not online on any servers, so I sent her a message on Steam. She was unable to go in-game, so I figured the best thing to do considering the circumstances would be to get them both in a group chat. In the group chat, we all discussed collectively and in a calm manner. I made sure things did not get out of control and I was successful in that. After a fair discussion we concluded that he was, in fact, violating a rule, and thus the punishment was removed.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

First of all, I would contact the reporter on any communication platform they are available on. I would then discuss the situation in order to know the details of the situation of the report. Then I would contact the staff member in question, and add them to a group chat or voice call, whatever is preferred and/or available for both parties. Then, after discussing with both parties in a fair and good manner, and making sure there is no hostility or anything that may augment their respective stories I will conclude with an accurate verdict. I will always make sure that I have reached the correct verdict, and if I ever make a mistake I have no problem correcting it.

These would be two alternative outcomes of an abuse report - These are both conclusions of very similar, hypothetical situations: Credits to SkeletonWarrior for the template.

Accepted [ Click to expand ]

Denied [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would approach the staff member of Steam or TeamSpeak (or any other communication platform for that matter) and discuss the situation and its details. If I find the punishment to be too excessive, I will convey to the staff member in question that the punishment is too excessive, in such a way that he understands, and so he is able to extrapolate that information and use it to avoid excessive or bad punishments in the future. If it is not too excessive, there would be no further action needed and I would conclude the conversation.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would first of all approach the person and make sure to settle things before I start discussing his behaviour. I would tell the user to wait for a minute while I discuss his mannerisms. I will give him a short guide on how to act during a sit, I will let him continue the sit and look for immediate improvement, but if the staff member is still unable to handle the sit appropriately, I will simply handle the sit myself and discuss his behaviour more seriously after I am finished.

I will go into detail about what we want and do not want from a staff member; what is OK and what is not. I will go over everything related to mannerism and conclude by telling him to read the staff ethos. Afterwards, I would spectate him on his next sit to make sure he has, in fact, improved.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

If there is a dispute between two staff members, I'd get them on TeamSpeak for easy communication or I'll simply write in chat if they are unable to use their microphone. I'd discuss the situation with both staff members and if I find that one of the staff members has, in fact, broken a rule, I will bring him up in the next lead team meeting. That is, if it is necessary. If it is a minor rulebreak, I see no reason to bring it up in the meeting and I will merely warn him personally. If we are unable to reach a conclusion and there is simply insufficient evidence I would not act on the situation. Unless some new information/revelations are brought up in the future.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I'd start off by making sure both parties are calmed down, then I would get them both on TeamSpeak to discuss the matter. If it turns out this is a one-time thing only, and they just got a little heated, no punishment is needed and I will only make sure it won't happen again in the future. If this is a reoccurring thing, I would have to consider bringing them up to the lead team as they are unable to synergise/work as a team and are improperly representing the staff team, as well as disrespecting each other which is a violation of the rules.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

If this happens, I will act instantly. I will teleport or freeze the staff member to prevent any further harm from being done to the players or the server. If the situation goes to the extent where it is ruining an extensive amount of players' roleplay experience, I will bring them up for demotion in the next lead team meeting and/or if necessary I will issue an emergency demote. If the situation is a little more settled, and it is a relatively smaller rulebreak, I will either speak to them personally or bring them up for an official warning.
Thank you for reading my application! All feedback is appreciated. ALSO, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME PRIVATELY SO ITS EASIER TO DISCUSS WHAT I SHOULD WORK ON FURTHER. THIS TOTALLY ISNT JUST TO COLLECT INFORMATION
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139250

Likes FP
:support:
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Townsend

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139252

• yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 458

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139253

Are you going to stay this time?
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139256

A Good Pianist wrote:

what do you mean i was sa for like 5 months lmao

if youre referring to my time as admin earlier, i had VERY good grounds to resign and i didnt really have a choice at the time lol. I can say with confidence that there wont be any obstacles this time
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Good Pianist

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139258

Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

if youre referring to my time as admin earlier, i had VERY good grounds to resign and i didnt really have a choice at the time lol. I can say with confidence that there wont be any obstacles this time

Confidently speaking life is fully of obstacles and life is also unpredictable therefore how can you confidently say this man

Mind blow meme picture thing *insert*
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139260

Yes please!
Personally i have absolutely no issues with you and believe you are the perfect candidate for SA
:plussp:
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139264

A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

Confidently speaking life is fully of obstacles and life is also unpredictable therefore how can you confidently say this man

In this case the obstacles was mock-exams, pre-exams and exams all fit into a few weeks. I think it's fair to be confident in saying that won't be an obstacle during the summer holidays!
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139265

Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

In this case the obstacles was mock-exams, pre-exams and exams all fit into a few weeks. I think it's fair to be confident in saying that won't be an obstacle during the summer holidays!

Life. You can never predict it all I'm saying. I'd hate to see you forced to leave again!
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139266

A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

Life. You can never predict it all I'm saying. I'd hate to see you forced to leave again!

honestly i'd counter your argument but you worded it so beautifully i really cant
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Good Pianist

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139268

good luck
  • BCAT
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 664
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139269

Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

honestly i'd counter your argument but you worded it so beautifully i really cant

Just dont leave
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139273

If you need to take a break just give me your account, no one will ever know where Rick went.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139274

Sally wrote:
If you need to take a break just give me your account, no one will ever know where Rick went.

I'll take that into consideration! I'm in the process of sending you my details right now!
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sally

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139303

i didn’t even think you were staff wtf

am i missing a joke here and making myself look like a fool?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139306

Eddie. wrote:
i didn’t even think you were staff wtf

am i missing a joke here and making myself look like a fool?

read last thing on my app B)
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139310

I use to hate you until you killed a gun dealer for no reason and back me up that one time.
I hope you get this shit man!
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 881

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139313

My post was deleted, apparently my honest opinion was a clear attempt to start drama. So I'll try again with "nicer" words, not really sure how that's possible. But here we go, I have another part to add to my opinion. You're a great admin and were an even better Super Admin, you definitely deserve the position again. Here's what I want to say about the current lead team in it's state at the minute, if you're interested. There's a few arguments between people on a regular basis, doesn't matter what they're about, they're always a bunch of nonsense.

Some of the members frequently hold grudges against people and struggle to take critisism and others just outright try to silence the ones speaking their opinion. Some just aren't sure of what they are doing as a lead team member and still struggle to make independant decisions.

And as a message to the person who deleted my last post, please respect my decision as a forum moderator to post this before deleting it. It's not breaking any of the TOU and therefore cannot be deleted, unless you speak to me first and I agree to the decision. But I won't so you'll have to take it up with a Community Team member, of which you are not.

Rick I wish you luck with your application and I truely hope you get it. Good luck pal!

EDIT: I'm not going to respond to responses to this post as that's exactly what you want.

• Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Nafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittai, Zarpgaming

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139419

A very experienced and knowledgeable staff member with a good amount if previous experience within the lead team. My only criticism is how long you’ve been back for and I haven’t seen you take on much appeals or reports on the forums (albeit there’s been less of them recently).

We’ll see how things go

:neutralsp:
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[SSRP Super Admin] Rick Townsend's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1139479

.uzi wrote:
A very experienced and knowledgeable staff member with a good amount if previous experience within the lead team. My only criticism is how long you’ve been back for and I haven’t seen you take on much appeals or reports on the forums (albeit there’s been less of them recently).

We’ll see how things go

:neutralsp:

The forum work is something Richard mentioned too. I will be focusing on appeals/reports more whenever I can actually obtain them. As you pointed out there aren't many at the time so we'll see. As for how long I've been back, I acknowledge that, and there's not too much I can do to help that I suppose. Please keep in mind that when initially getting accepted it took me roughly about this time from Admin to SA.

Anyhow, thanks for the criticism. Your opinion is one of the few I weigh the most.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend