Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1135572

RP Name: Jaffar Bin Hamdan

Link to Steam Profile:steamcommunity.com/id/anikingamers

SteamID:STEAM_0:1:72835123

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/anikingamers/...arpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: 22,000 minutes played as of writing this. (366 hours)

Languages I speak:
English
Farsi
French

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
I've been able to experience the server from a different perspective. As a moderator, our decisions are always being watched and monitored. Both by our members, and the higher ranking staff. It's more of a stressful and intense position than most would think. This has helped me gain an understanding of a different perspective within the community, and I'd like to grow and improve further and be able to develop my skills. By being a mod, I gained the foundation of what I need to become an admin.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):
I've had many situations where people were breaking rules and they constantly believed that what they were doing was allowed. In these situations, a simple ask from the higher ranking staff has always solved my problems. But in the case one is not available, I simply read the rules and make sure what this person is doing is against them. If it is, I would warn them. A lot of the time, people get angry at the warnings they receive. They start swearing at you and complaining. You have to be calm with these kinds of people and explain why their warning is valid. Once, a member was being racist. I gave him a warning, he claimed he didn't say it and called Richard into it. I've experienced people like this a lot, but I feel I've always come out better and helped the person understand the rule better too.

If you had to write a Facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Bring a moderator is a unique role. You're expected to do a lot for what you get. People might dislike you or hate how you work, but you're the front line for keeping the server under control and enforcing the rules. It's a position which teaches you a lot but is also fun to do. You'll meet a lot of interesting people and gain a lot of experience. From handling situations of people reporting others with no proof. To being all by yourself when higher ranks may not be around. You'll have to be independent. it can be difficult sometimes to make a decision. Such as an RDM report with no proof, but as I said before, you'll be learning how to handle situations the more you do it. It's an interesting experience and allows you to grow in many different ways.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals to their ban in great detail, apology, and effort. You check the ban list and find that another admin banned them permanently for prop-spam and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
I personally believe in second chances. We are all human. Our whole existence is based off what we learned from experience. There are many situations where I have failed time and time again. Such as applying for mod. I think I applied 3-4 times before I finally got accepted. I failed and failed. Everyone is the same. Especially since this member has only been banned once for an offense like prop pushing, I believe they should be awarded a second chance, as everyone has that right. Especially for an offense like this., which is not too major.

Why I should be promoted(we recommend around 150 words):
I've had a lot of experience as staff across many different games. I've been mod for about a month now and I've really enjoyed the experience. I feel I can help the server out a bit more and be involved more behind the scenes with a role like this one. I've always wanted to be higher on Zarp since I first joined many years ago. Now I feel that I finally have the opportunity, the experience, and the maturity to be able to grow my position further and add to my experience. I've also always met my f1 count every single week. (excluding the week I took off as I was traveling) Thank you for reading my application. I hope to join you all soon.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by OnionRings. Reason: fixed gametracker links
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1135578

Honestly I think you are an excellent staff member however if I'm not mistaken you recently got off inactivity. Maybe fully establish yourself back into the server before going for the promotion maybe a week or two. After that you should be great just maybe not this week.
  • Woggles
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 62
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator

"I Airstriked Spawn."
"I would like to say by unconsciousness the fact of wanting and power is not the same thing" -Sinz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaffar Bin Hamdan

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1135584

Woggles wrote:
Honestly I think you are an excellent staff member however if I'm not mistaken you recently got off inactivity. Maybe fully establish yourself back into the server before going for the promotion maybe a week or two. After that you should be great just maybe not this week.
Yes, I was on a 10 day holiday. But that was after me being active almost daily for like 2-3 months, and I was also traveling :)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jaffar Bin Hamdan. Reason: Adding info

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1135599

You've recently come off inactivity and I did catch you breaking NLR before this, so we'll see how you do in the coming week.

:neutralsp:
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1135609

.uzi wrote:
You've recently come off inactivity and I did catch you breaking NLR before this, so we'll see how you do in the coming week.

:neutralsp:
May i ask where you saw this? I only broke it once today as I was in a sit and a nuke went off. And like I said, my inactivity was only 10 days so it's not like i forgot anything :)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jaffar Bin Hamdan.

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1137221

This guy has been a moderator for a while now, he has been doing a good job. He deserves admin!
:support:
  • Rice Seeds
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Guys go mako!
  • Thanks received: 79

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaffar Bin Hamdan

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1137757

Fixed gt's gl!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653

[SSRP Admin] Jaffar Bin Hamdan's Application 4 years 9 months ago #1137788

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:

Low F1-Count

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

204 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun