Server 1: www.gametracker.com/player/Steele.G/dark...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2: www.gametracker.com/player/Steele.G/dark...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3: www.gametracker.com/player/Steele.G/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Time:
~12,180 minutes or 203 hours

Languages I Speak:
English, French

Explain “Random Death Match” and give an example scenario
A “Radom Death Match” or “RDM” for short is when a player kills another player without any viable reason to do so. For example, 2 people killing each other for fun, or because they’re mad and take their anger off on someone else.
Explain “New Life Rule” and give an example scenario
The “New Life Rule” or “NLR” is a rule for players not to return to the district they have just died in. They must wait 3 minutes before returning to the district again. For example, a player A raided player B’s base, now player B cannot return to they’re base for 3 minutes. This is done so that players aren’t constantly killed in raids.

Explain how you would handle the following situation
“Player x accuses player y of RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x”
I would TP to player x and ask what happened and what might have caused them to get RDMed. I would also ask if there is any concrete proof via photo, and/or video. If they do not have evidence, I will have to base the decision off the discussion and the console. I would then TP them to an isolated area such as a roof, and tell them to wait a bit as I’d grab player y. I would then TP to player y and tell them I’d need their time for a sit. I would then TP him to player x. I would then ask both parties for their story unless player x has a photo or video. If player y admits to RDMing player x I’d give them a warning or verbal depending on how dire the situation is or was. I would then TP player y back to their original position and ask player x if there is anything else, I could help him with. However, if player y is refusing to answer or attempt to leave, they will be frozen and warned or be given a verbal.

Explain how you would handle the following situation
“Player x accuses player y of breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in the console (a few lines apart) at a peak time”
I would TP to player x and I would ask for the story and who broke NLR. After that, I would TP player x to an isolated area such as a roof, and tell them to wait for a moment as I’d grab player y. I would then TP to player y and tell them I’d need their time for a sit. I would then TP him to player x. I would then tell player y that you can’t break the NLR because player x killed him for a (Un)viable reason. I would either give a warn or a verbal warning to player y if player x killed him for a viable reason or I would warn player x if he didn’t have a viable reason to kill player y in the first place. As well as the RDM scenario I would freeze a player if they attempt to leave.

Why I should be chosen (Recommend around 150 words)
I have been playing on Zarp for about just under 1 year however I have almost 200 hours and know pretty much everything there is to know about the server. I have been thinking about becoming a mod to help the Zarp team for a while now. I just thought to myself: why not It’s not too much different besides the F1’s. I’ve been a lot more active on GMod because of Zarp and Its gameplay; enjoy the gameplay from the servers and would like to know and learn more. I do not have too much experience with being a moderator, but I am able to know when a situation is legit and when it’s f1 spam. I know that sometimes the servers are understaffed, usually server 3, so I’d be able to help at those times to keep things under control. Thank you for reading my application and I hope I make it as a Zarp staff member.
  • Steele
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Canadian that "exists"
  • Thanks received: 1
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Steele.G Application 4 years 11 months ago #1109098

Looks great the guy is a good man knows the rules very well. :plussp:
  • Rosary Rose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Who are we to make rules that we can not follow
  • Thanks received: 2
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

[SSRP Moderator] Steele.G Application 4 years 11 months ago #1109122

Hey Steele.G,

I've had a look at your application to give you some feedback. Your application is hard to read, as it lacks proper formatting. You've explained both RDM and NLR well. Your approach to punishing players is a bit questionable however. In the RDM scenario, you would warn the suspect, if he refuses to answer your questions. As you've got no evidence you would be warning him purely based on speculations. In the NLR scenario, you would instantly punish player y, just because the kills are close together in console. The kills could have been in different districts and RP situations and therefore completely unrelated. Your "Why should I be chosen" section is alright. I haven't seen you ingame, but other people have told me you are an alright guy. You're also quite active. You seem to have one recent punishment however, which leads me to beleive that you don't know the rules that well. I think you should wait a week or two before going for moderator. Good Luck!

:minussp:
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1874

[SSRP Moderator] Steele.G Application 4 years 11 months ago #1109482

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Recent punishments.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

238 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40