Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1062660

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application.

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Well I've been administrator three times now over the past two years and while the first time was over a year ago the second time helped me learn how to use all the commands again and the rules that comes with using them. I have handled a lot of reports throughout the past 3ish months with many different situations.

What makes you a good candidate?

Forum:

I’m active on the forums (I check it daily), although I mostly only reply on TTT related posts. When I respond to Administrator & Moderator applications I will give my honest opinion and say what they can improve on (activity, recent punishments etc). I’ve handled a few appeals myself and I have helped out with some other ones or at least voiced my opinion on the matter. When responding to an appeal I write in detail on the exact reason for its denial to hopefully avoid any unnecessary confusion.

Attitude:

I always try to be kind to other staff & players, if there's anyone asking any questions I will always try to be helpful by answering them to be best of my ability(I highly doubt that anyone has ever seen my “throw a fit” at someone). I try not biased towards others, I’m very forgiving, and believe in second chances. If given the opportunity I will always give players, the most lenient “punishment” e.g. if someone accidentally killed someone I’d rather give them a verbal instead of warning & autoslaying. I think most of this is reflected in my job as an IT Supporter as I deal with a lot of people who can be quite stressed and unhappy at times. ^^’

Experience:

I have been been administrator on Zarp three times within the past two ish years and have gained a lot of experience with handling reports in-game, helping out other staff members and therefor believe I have very good knowledge of our rules and ethos.

TeamSpeak:

When I'm playing on the TTT server I will most likely be online on TeamSpeak as well to be contacted about anything and just to talk with other staff members and players.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle, and required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

When there’s a cheater on the server with no lead team member present or available, by either slaying them which might make them leave or by banning them for continuously mass RDMing if possible. Obviously, this only applies to the more obvious cheaters, if the cheater online is playing by the rules then I can only wait for a lead team member to come online to hopefully deal with the situation. I will always try to spectate them till I’ve collected enough evidence, and then either contact a lead team member or post it on the forums.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I’m going to assume the template has been used and filled in correctly, if not I would refer to the template and possible offer my help with filling it out. I would announce that I’m handling the report, and read through the report to make sure I have a good grasp of the situation. I would then contact the victim that made the report against the staff member to hear their side of the story. Lastly before making my conclusion I would contact the reported staff member for their side of the story. I may need to ask other lead team members for their opinion. I would then either reply with:

• If the report abuse has been accepted:

Or

• If the report abuse has been denied:

• I would go into detail on the exact reason for its denial.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

Preferably I would have the staff member come on teamspeak because it would be easier to communicate on there (I think this goes for most of the situations IMO). I'd ask the staff member why he thought it was an appropriate length of time to ban the user. If he does not give a valid reasoning as to why he banned the player for an excessive amount of time I would tell him how to properly handle the situation to make sure that the players ban is shortened, and that it hopefully does not happen again in the future.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would help the staff member out by guiding them towards the right direction, but I would try not to tell them exactly how to do it. Potentially refreshing them on our rules, & ethos to help them out. When they’ve finished the case I may tell them what they can improve on in the future. If the staff member wasn’t treating the reported player appropriately I would tell them that they’re supposed to set a good example and link them to our ethos. I would then tell them that they should always try to remain calm and not throw a fit at anyone even if the player is being disrespectful or racist towards him.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I will firstly try to get both staff members on TeamSpeak so we can talk about the incident. I would like to hear both stories from the staff members involved, and I would ask for any evidence of the staff member breaking the rules. If the evidence proves that the staff member did indeed break the rules I would talk with them to hopefully ensure that this does not happen again in the future(this obviously depends on the seriousness of the rule breaking). If no evidence was provided or is invalid, and the staff member denied breaking any rules I would not take any action (although I would keep it in mind if any other cases should occur in the future).

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I’d ask the two staff members involved to calm down. If they continue arguing I would remind them that this is unacceptable, and they should remain respectful towards each other especially because they’re representing the server/staff team (and it obviously isn’t very nice). Afterwards I would try to resolve the issue at hand by speaking with the staff member who started the argument. I’d ask him what happened and hear what he has to say. I’d tell him that what he did was wrong, and I would ensure that this does not happen again in the future if something like this comes up again. I would talk with the other staff member and hear his side of the story, tell him the others POV on the matter, and try to resolve the situation. Afterwards I’d try to the two staff members in a chat so they can talk it over (whilst supervising them). If one of the staff members involved doesn’t wish to resolve the issue at hand I’d bring it up in the next LT meeting.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I’d contact the rule breaking staff member and get them on TeamSpeak. I’d make sure that he’s aware of what he has done wrong, and that no users are further harmed. I’d apologize to the users effected by the incident and assure them that this will be dealt with. Depending on the seriousness of the abuse I would:

• For more serious abuse:
Emergency demote the staff member because he used his powers in a way that is not allowed. I would tell the staff member why he was demoted to not cause any unnecessary confusion and get a Head Admin involved. I would inform the other lead team members why he has been demoted and bring him up in the next lead team meeting.

• For less serious abuse:

• I’d basically just give them a verbal warning and makes sure that he’s 100% aware that what he did was wrong and that it should not happen again. They may be a new staff member or at least not known for doing anything to intentionally harm anyone. Lastly, I’d tell him that it will be brought up in the next lead team meeting.
    Thank you for reading my application, any feedback is appreciated.
    • Nina
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • 「(°ヘ°)
    • Thanks received: 889

Former
    Zarp Slave
    Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Nina.
    The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1062665

:plussp:
    • eddie.
    • Adept Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • fuck
    • Thanks received: 1742
    ✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
    ✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
    ✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
    ✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
    ✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
    ✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1062692

I think you are ready for this position.
    After talking to you on Teamspeak and seeing you on the server, how you handle reports and interact with the people, I think I have a good understanding of your attitude and your overall persona on Teamspeak and Ingame and it looks good.
    I hope you get this position.

• TheRealNepgear
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • I guess I am a weeb
    • Thanks received: 393

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063004

BUMP for Nina
    • TheRealNepgear
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • I guess I am a weeb
    • Thanks received: 393

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063013

• Prestige Invalid
    • Junior Boarder
    • Thanks received: 36
    TTT Moderator x2
    TTT Administrator x2
    TTT Super Administrator x1

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063106

Nina is best :support:
    • brenzor9137
    • Senior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Ex - TTT SA
    • Thanks received: 395

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063165

I've never seen you on TS apart from once, and I don't see you talking to people in game much..

EDIT: Just checked, yeah it's only your 2nd week being admin, so I'd maybe give it a lot more time before you try to take on more, as well as what's provided above

:minussp:
    • CeeZee
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 678
    Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by CeeZee.

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063273

Good luck!
    • dingofetch
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
    • Thanks received: 146

See I haven't even ripped anything of yours, nor have I even tried, but from what I've seen on your end, you have a really stuck up and snarky attitude. Wouldn't be surprised if almost everybody found it to be annoying.

[TTT Super Administrator] Nina's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1063281

mayybe a bit longer :3
    • Taylor_
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
    • (:
    • Thanks received: 866
    ✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
    ✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯