Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061369274
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:50551773
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Kam/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/Kameltin/dark...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/Kameltin/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: ~100 hours
Languages I speak: German, Englisch

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
Mainly the variety of situations I have been put into during my time as a moderator, I was confronted with almost all sorts of rulebreaking I can think of. I learned that it is no problem to ask higher staff for help, and that the staff team is always up to help incase. Knowing that I don't have to do everything myself, and how to deal with most situations is valueable and a good start to progress to the rank of an Admin.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around:
I had to deal with a reporter who had no interest in the situation being dealt with, rather in me getting into trouble. He used anything i said against me and tried to make me admit things I did not do. During the sit we got killed by a nuke, after dying he ran away. I asked him whether I could tp him back now, he didn't answer me and after tping to him he claimed that I "abondend" him. He became prejorative and showed no interest in the situation being dealt, so I told him that he can either do the sit with me and send me the proof he had spoken of, or I can finish the sit if he wishes that. He used that against me aswell and said he'd report me. It was pretty frustrating as I tried to deal with it the best I can, which was rejected. I finished the sit and went on doing F1's afterwards.

Another difficult situation happened to me on the 09/10.12. I played on S1 at late night and was the only staff online, so I had to deal with the "late night minges" alone. Once people start to revenge RDM things become rather difficult to sort out. I do think I made it past those few hours well and kept the server clean that night.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:

Hello, congratulations on getting accepted as a SSRP Moderator.
Things can be confusing if you're moderator for the first time, so I'll try my best to relief some of that first stress and show you the basics of moderating, you'll get into it very fast.

The first thing I'll send you is the "Staff Ethos", you should read through that before starting out with your first F1's.
Here is the link:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Now I'll introduce you to the commands you'll be using:
Important: You should always use the SteamID when using commands, if you use names you could use the command on the wrong person.
The teleport commands: You will use those alot, you should make binds for them to make things easier.
/goto [SteamID] // Brings you to the selected player
/bring [SteamID] // Brings the selected player either to yourself or to a selected player
/tp [SteamID] // Teleports the selected player to the location you're looking at
/back [SteamID] // Returns the selected player to his last location before getting tp'ed.
/backspawn [SteamID] // Returns the selected player to the spawn

Punishment commands:
/kick [SteamID] [Reason] // Kicks the selected player from the server, however they can rejoin right after
/slay [SteamID] // Kills the selected player
/warn [SteamID] [Reason] // Gives the selected player a warning, make sure to use a proper reasoning.
/voicemute [SteamID] [time in seconds] // Prevents the selected player to use voicechat for a set amount of time.
/chatmute [SteamID] [time time in seconds] // Prevents the selected player to use textchat for a set amount of time.

Something you will use a lot is the F1 menu. In this menu you can see the pending reports, aswell as Logs (you can search for specfic logs by Name / SteamID or action), active NLR's and recent warnings. To handle a report simply right click on the report and click on "Handle this". By right clicking on the report again you have a bunch of commands you can use, but don't have to. After finishing the report you can mark the F1 as finished.

The F6 menu can be very handy to take recent punishments into account, which helps deciding about new punishments. You can see punishments of online players and also search for players via their SteamID.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that another admin banned them permanently for prop-spam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
:accepted:
After reviewing your ban appeal and taking into account that you seem to mean it serious and have no previous bans, I have spoken with the Admin who punished you and we've come to the decision to lower your ban time to 2 weeks and hope you do not break any other rules in the future.

Here is the link to the SSRP Rules, I suggest you to read them (again) to get a better understanding of them.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The ban time will be reduced as soon as possible.

Why I should be promoted:
I have become pretty stress resistant during my time as a moderator. I know when to take time for F1's and when to act faster.
I have learned from my mistakes and know how to prevent getting burnt out while still doing a decent amount of F1's (around 75 last week, 60 this week (Monday) and 260 in total) and know how to deal with most of the situations. Therefore I feel ready for the position.
As an Admin I could handle situations faster and more efficient. Especially the spectate command and being able to pick up players with the physgun instead of searching for the name in the tabmenu makes things alot easier.

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Kameltin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 53
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Kameltin.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1060985

Bump!
Edited and updated. I'd appreciate some constructive feedback!
  • Kameltin
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1061360

Kameltin wrote:
Bump!
  • Kameltin
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1061765

Kameltin wrote:
Kameltin wrote:
Bump!
  • Kameltin
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1061944

Pretty cool guy
  • Taylor_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • (:
  • Thanks received: 866
✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Surf Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Super Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Prophunt Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Discord Administrator ✯
✯ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✯
✯ Ex Server Apps Section Mod ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Section Mod ✯

✯Steam✯

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1062078

:plussp: ;)
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1062885

Last bump
  • Kameltin
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1062889

Decent application, consistent activity, sufficient F1 count done, a hard working and active staff member!

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[SSRP Admin] Hitchens' Application 5 years 4 months ago #1063163

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Needs more experience.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8581
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

133 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40