Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] Loxeo's Application

[SSRP Admin] Loxeo's Application 5 years 4 months ago #1060195

I have taken feedback from the last meeting into consideration and have done my best to improve on it!

RP Name: loxeo

Time Zone: EST

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/loxeo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:58761403

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Partially%20A...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/Partially%20A...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/Partially%20A...arpgaming.com:27015/
Times prone to change before meeting

Estimated Server Time:
~1340 hours, have been playing for a year

Languages I speak:
English, Spanish

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
My time as a moderator has been one of the main experiences in my life where I've moderated servers. The moderator rank is unique because it is able to warn and kick, yet not (easily) freeze players which could lead to them breaking more rules, and is a nuisance to me often when I try to grab a rulebreaker and even worse when I have to kick for propblock that people refuse to remove, when I'd just be able to delete it. There's also just times where the player would just keep killing me or run away to kill more users.

As a moderator, I have become more aware of the rules and have enforced them to the best of my ability. Being an admin would be a great promotion as I would like to use more commands available to me like spectate (extremely useful when I wasn't at a situation of propsurf/rdm or would like to spectate potential rulebreakers. I have to just watch the player, and they know I'm there since I'm not able to cloak. That's something that greatly hinders my ability to do players' f1s, in situations like I stated before.)

Becoming admin would leave me with a larger amount of power that could be a lot more useful, but I've proven myself I'm able to handle the power that the moderator role gives me well enough and the only great advancement would be the ban command. I don't have a track record of abusing my rank at all and I believe I've done a fine job myself, only trying to be helpful as possible. I have done many f1s and I believe I've experienced every basic situation like prop climb, prop push, spam, rdm, rda and every chat-related situation. I play 6-12 hours a day, so I'm very keen on all of the old rules and all of the new ones and update myself whenever there's a change.

If I'm not sure about something I'd also go to ask a higher up, like a LT member. I can't say I've seen a lot of staff members do this often, but it is clear that some do that.

Moderator is a great rank as a "trial-admin" and its purpose is fulfilled when you can tell people abuse as mod, and those people shouldn't be admin.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):
I have encountered a few difficult situations as my time as moderator. An example of one would be someone that was propspamming, and when I handled someones f1 for that, he said that he just removed the props. I tell an admin in admin chat to see if they could spectate them, and they caught them for RDM/propspam. I spoke to him about it and gave him an equal punishment to what he did (lying included).

Another example would be S1/S3 at certain times of day - there's up to 15 unhandled f1s on both of these servers at different times. Sometimes my friends are there to help me with the f1s, but usually not. It happens regularly as I've seen throughout this week and as my time when I wasn't staff and it's often a lot to handle.

The last example I have off the top of my head would be when Viking gave everyone staff rank. I lost my mod rank and the whole server was in chaos. I got confused when literally everyone was getting admin, mod, user, and banned so I contacted Trinidad through steam (only HA I had on my friends list that was online at the time). Then, him and Tyler solved the problem and did what they needed to do.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Hello, congratulations on becoming a moderator! I'll guide you through how to be one to the best of my ability through words.

First, there is an F1 menu. It is changed from you becoming a staff member instead of a user, so it will look very different.

In the "Admin Requests" tab you can view all current F1s and their priority on the side (listed in minutes). Generally handle F1s top-down. The "Warnings" are all recent warnings given out by staff members. You're also able to warn and un-warn from this menu from previous offenders. You will probably use the "Logging" menu most frequently. This is the most useful menu where you can see all of the logs and you're supposed to use this for sits. These logs range from scrapping cars, arrests, kills, deaths, hits, and job changes. Lastly the "Active NLR" menu shows all of the..active nlr's. As in, where people died last and how long until they are able to return.

Next, is the F6 Menu. You can view the players' rapsheets here. This is useful when deciding a punishment for a player. An example would be a totally clean rapsheet and a sorry player, maybe he RDM'd or CDM'd and claims it was an accident. You shouldn't warn that player because of those reasons. The opposite could be an old-time player with a rapsheet covered with 6 recents and a repeat offender of the rules, but they're still sorry for what they did. I would likely warn that player mostly due to just being careless for the rules.

Then, some basic, but essential commands:

/tp - teleports a player to you or teleports you to a location (use STEAM-IDs with any of these command else be VERY careful. Also, make sure you teleport to someone to say you need them for a sit, do not interrupt their RP.)
/back - goes to the last location you were at (by teleporting)
/warn | /unwarn - commands to warn or unwarn a player. basic punishment

All of these commands are available through tab menu and they're generally easier to use through this menu. There are also more commands in the tab menu like muting and freezing.

Enjoy being a moderator! It's a fun, but time consuming job if you wanna do your job with maximum effort.

I could give much more detail given more words, pretty sure I went a bit over the limit too.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
Here is what I would say if I believed the player put a lot of detail, effort and apology into their appeal.
"Hello, player x, thank you for putting the effort into making a ban appeal.

I've thought about it and it seems like in your application you were very sorry. It should be common sense to not do this again. I will (reduce your ban/lift your ban). I expect you to be on your best behavior, make sure nothing happens like this again or you will be punished accordingly because of this chance you've been given.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Lock, please!

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words):
I believe I should be promoted for a few reasons. I do my job well, and have also been told multiple times that I do my job well. I'm very active, play a lot on zarp, and I raid/base often enough for the community to have a good grasp of knowing who I am. I enjoy interacting with the community very much. As to why I would like to be promoted from moderator, it's for reasons like their physgun. It makes my job much easier and I'm able to ban people for various offenses like mass rulebreaking, ltapping (often there's no admins that want to ban someone that I tell them to, after mass rulebreaking and finally ending with an ltap.), and (one of the most important things) the admin physgun. Sometimes there's no f1s also and I'd like to go under the map and check for printers, because that happens often on S2/S3. Scamming and un-owning doors is also a big problem, because I'd have to call an admin that is usually not on all the time.

Generally, I believe (and so do others) that I'm a great candidate for admin due to my dedication to this server and all the work I've put in so far. My first week as a mod was loaded with experiences and just about every type of f1 you could deal with, just to the sheer number of f1s I've done. 300 on my first week, and x on my 2nd week for a total of x. (will be updated after I get the totals for this week before the meeting) It's been great to do them all but its always a bit depressing when I have to hand one off to an admin, like one that's about propspam that I can't delete, ltap, unowning doors among other things.

Thanks for reading, I've tried to make this app extremely detailed and filled with information because I will have 2 weeks experience as a mod right before the meeting but I'm sure more could be recommended. My activity should make me superior to other applicants as I have more experience and I'm an old time player, am dedicated and re-read the rules whenever there's an updated one. If this is to get denied, I wouldn't be mad as there would be feedback I could improve on. I really just don't want a "not enough experience as moderator", otherwise, I'm good with whatever I get.

Comment your positive and negative experiences with me! Please send feedback by replying. :)
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Loxeo's Application 5 years 4 months ago #1060196

:support:
  • bmanwolfpack
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: loxeo

[SSRP Admin] Loxeo's Application 5 years 4 months ago #1060199

:plussp: The Man
  • spicydoggo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 389
僕はときどきぼっきする勇気がある
ex-SSRP ADMIN 2x
Gang Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: loxeo

[SSRP Admin] Loxeo's Application 5 years 4 months ago #1060222

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a part of the ZARP staff.

Before you get started, another admin will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. There’s also a handy guide created by the community which should help you get up to speed with your new menus & commands. And don’t forget you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP DarkRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM UTC

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Teamspeak server (IP: ts.zarpgaming.com). You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend