Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Surf Admin] constable fat cat's Application

[Surf Admin] constable fat cat's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1047437

Steam Name: constable fat cat
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/benefitsben/
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:64269673
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/constable%20f...arpgaming.com:27030/

Estimated Server Time: 50 hours according to gametracker.

Languages I speak: Fluent English and decent Spanish.

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin: While being moderator, I have encountered few situations that have needed intervention, such as mic spamming and homophobia/racism. I feel that through these moments I have gained an understanding of the surf community and how to deal with rulebreakers through it.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user): There have been instances where players have become stuck in invisible walls due to teleport bugs and I've not been able to teleport them out.

If you had to write a letter to train a moderator in between 100-200 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?: First, I'd talk about staff ethos and always maintaining a professional attitude to punishment. Next, I'd run through how to use the punishments, with the tab menu and /command text commands. After this, I'd run through when to use what punishments and when to call an admin+, and finally wish them good luck and offer my services whenever needed.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for Cheating, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
I would give them a chance and unban them, since it's their first ban, and watch them on the server. When I was offline, I'd ask other staff members to do the same. If anyone caught them cheating (including users if they had evidence), I would perma-ban them without chance to appeal.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words): I feel that during my time on surf I have been a fair moderator, always listening to the opinions and questions of those put forward to me. While sometimes I can get somewhat angry (for example when im at the end of a 4000exp 20m run and the map gets rtv'd), if needed I can put aside my feelings for the good of the server.

Extra Information: (Not Required) ive just come off the back of losing 16,000 exp to 2x map breaking, server crashing and mass of defaults voting for beginner i need something good to do with surf
oh yeah hmu if i made mistakes I always write my apps in the evening when i'm tired
  • constablefatcat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 22
★Ex Bhop Admin★
★Ex Surf Admin★
★Ex Deathrun Admin★
★Ex PropHunt Mod★
The topic has been locked.

[Surf Admin] constable fat cat's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1047806

No no, you stay in Deathrun.

:minussp:
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

[Surf Admin] constable fat cat's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1047870

well thanks
  • constablefatcat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 22
★Ex Bhop Admin★
★Ex Surf Admin★
★Ex Deathrun Admin★
★Ex PropHunt Mod★

[Surf Admin] constable fat cat's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1049908

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP Surf! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game attitude are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

Congratulations!

The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a part of the ZARP Surf staff team.

Before you get started, a staff member will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank.

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server every Friday at 8PM GMT, which is held on the ZARP Teamspeak server (IP: ts.zarpgaming.com). You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Taylor_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • (:
  • Thanks received: 866
✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Surf Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Super Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Prophunt Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Discord Administrator ✯