Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992537

Permission given to reapply by Tony Lombardi
Note: As stated above the questions, a few of the answers are taken from my last application, due to questions regarding previous time as a Moderator, which of course has not changed in the past 1.5 - 2 years.

The image lies it is Rosanator

STEAM_0:0:52189662

Server 1: www.gametracker.com/player/TheXnator/dar...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2: www.gametracker.com/player/TheXnator/dar...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3: www.gametracker.com/player/TheXnator/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Note: In regards to activity, there have been some times where it is not properly counted. I do have some screenshots from 'status' in console to prove this, and Tony Lombardi, sorle and DEADMONSTOR can account for the fact that I have been playing more :P

Estimated Server Time:
Approximately 66,438 minutes

Languages I speak:
English, some French and Spanish and a little bit of Irish Gaelic and Japanese.

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin (this answer has been taken from my original Admin app, since I am applying from user):
In my time as a Moderator I have spent my time handling a lot of situations, in and out of F1s that I have seen around the servers. I have found myself in quite a few situations where there are problems that I am unable to handle as a Moderator, and I end up having to call in an Admin+ to sort the problem (banning people, checking bases etc.). I did encounter a few problems at first when I became a Moderator because I wasn't fully aware of certain commands that I had access to but when I realised this I just asked another Lead Team member to retrain me and everything was fine from then on. The problems that i have encountered as an Moderator will help me as an Admin because I understand that everyone makes mistakes from time to time, and it is what people do to try and act on it that matters, rather than what they have done in the past - I think that this is a vital skill for any staff member to hold.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (this answer has been taken from my original Admin app, since I am applying from user):
A problem I had as a Moderator was when I accidentally teleported a few members onto a roof when I was trying to teleport one player (this was my first day as a mod) because I used their name and I didn't realise that it only looked at the first word of the name and so it teleported players with the first word of this player's name as a segment of their names since I hadn't realised that you are supposed to use SteamIDs rather than player names. This led to a lot of angry and confused people on the roof. I managed to /back all the users on the roof but after it happened I immediately went to Jordz ( <3 ) and asked him to retrain me just to ensure that I knew everything that I needed to know and wouldn't end up in a situation where I was unaware of any parts of my power.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Well, first of all I would seriously question why I was training someone via Facebook, but then I would write the following:

Hello there!
Congratulations on being accepted for Moderator on the ZARP Gaming SSRP servers, by reading through this, you should be able to grasp all of the basics of how to staff appropriately and effectively.
So, first of all we will look at the commands that you have access to.

You can see all of these commands in the TAB menu when you click on a person's name, where you can also get their SteamID by clicking on it to copy it. If you are using the text version of the command (/ followed by the command name in most cases), ensure you use SteamID rather than player name.

The first command you have is the KICK command. This will, obviously, just kick the player from the game. You should only use this command if you don't have any other way to stop them from rulebreaking, there is no admin on to ban them and you need to remove them from the server quickly (though you could also freeze them and wait for an admin in this scenario) or if someone has an inappropriate name and is not cooperating to change it.
Next is MUTE CHAT. Use this if someone is spamming the chat or using the chat in any way that is against the rules. You can choose how long you want to mute someone for when you click mute chat in the TAB menu, but bear in mind that if you mute them indefinitely, you will have to manually unmute them again.
Next up is UNBAN FROM JOB, this allows you to unban a player from any job that they were previously banned from. Don't unban them from mod/admin on duty.
Next up is FREEZE which you can use to quite literally freeze a player to stop them moving. Use this to stop a player if they are running away from a sit or any other scenario in which you have to stop them quickly.
The next one is SLAY. With this command you can choose between some options: SILENT, NORMAL, EXPLODE and ROCKET (don't use explode or rocket because they're annoying and loud). You can use this if someone is breaking NLR and not leaving the district so you need to return them to spawn (also resets their NLR so can be a good punishment) or another scenario where you need to remove them from the area they are in and can only do so by killing them.
Next up is the MUTE GLOBALLY command, which will prevent a user from using voice chat. Use this in situations where a player is micspamming, being racist, disrespectful or breaking any other rule through usage of voice chat
Next to that is the MUTE command, which will silence a player from using the chat. Use this in the same situations as MUTE GLOBALLY, except in text chat.
Next up are the teleportation commands: TELEPORT, which will teleport you or the player to where you are looking, GOTO which will teleport you to the player, BRING which will bring the player to you or the specified player (ensure they are not in an RP situation before doing this) and BACK which will send the player back to their previous location.

Next up is handling F1s! If you press F1 you will see a menu which will show some reports from players. Right click on the report with the highest priority that is not being currently handled (the one that has been waiting the longest) and click "Handle this" to handle the report. If the report is just someone mashing their keyboard or something else such as a string of insults, discard it as spam or abuse. You can right click again to see some commands, and you should go to the player to ask them about what their problem is. If the problem involves another player, ask to teleport them to a roof, and then go to the other player and check if you can teleport them to the roof without interrupting RP in order to speak to both of them about the situation and gather any needed evidence. In the F1 menu you can also check some warnings that have been issued, the recent logs (useful for finding who killed people in accused RDM / CDM / RDA situations) and Active NLR which shows you all the players who currently have NLR and where it is.

Next is the F6 menu. Here you can see all of a players punishments (anything within the past two weeks counts as "recent"). You can select any online player from the drop-down menu or you can click "search for a player" to find them by their SteamID.

I hope you now understand your duties as a Moderator. I would recommend that you read through the rules one more time just to make sure that you know them fully and once you have attended your first meeting (every Saturday at 7pm GMT / BST), you can apply for admin, and remember that if you make mistakes, what matters is what you do about it, everyone makes mistakes from time to time so if you learn from your mistakes and don't make repeats, it won't be a problem (most of the time).

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
(Technically I wouldn't actually be able to handle the appeal, since I made the ban, but let's assume that I were, hypothetically, able to do so)
Hello Player X,

After reviewing your appeal, I have decided that the punishment shall be lifted (or lowered to 2 / 3 days if they had only just been banned) due to the fact that you have had no prior bans, and seem to be truly apologetic for your actions. In order to ensure that no situation like this arises again, please be sure to familiarise yourself with the SSRP Server Rules.

#Accepted

Thank you for your appeal!

Why I should be promoted:
I feel that I should be accepted for the rank of Administrator on the SSRP server because, due to now finding a lot more time to play SSRP, having not so many ranks as previously, and the fact that I greatly enjoyed being staff from Administrator to Head Administrator the last time, I am now able to focus on SSRP a lot more than I was able to before. In the time that I have been back playing, I have noticed that there is a lot of rulebreak going on, and often staff are either RPing or too busy trying to get all of the other F1s done to be able to get everything done faster than new issues come in (or just not paying much attention, along with time where no staff are online). I want to be able to come back to the server and give something back, to help out and make an impact into stopping the users who come onto the server and break rules. I am very trusted within the community, given my ranks as Prophunt Server Owner, Teamspeak Head Admin and Forum Global Moderator, as well as my previous ranks as Deathrun Server Owner, Surf Server Developer, SSRP Head Administrator, TTT Head Administrator, Bhop Administrator and Jailbreak Moderator. I believe that this trust, and the experience that comes alongside it (and obviously the past experience of being SSRP Administrator, Super Administrator and Head Administrator already) will allow me to do a lot more for the server, and to help out with little or no issues arising based on any lack of trust, knowledge or experience. As a user, I always make an F1 / recording when I witness a rulebreak in order to alert staff of what is happening (sorle can definitely account for that, I basically do his job for him <3), and I always try to be as helpful as possible when in a sit, providing all of the required information relative to the situation. As a staff member in the past, and currently on other servers, I have always tried to be as fair, kind and helpful as I can, always following the ethos and taking other recent punishments into account, and trying to give the best suitable punishments for the situation in order to ensure that the user is not being treated to harshly, but also so that they are not treated so leniently that they get away with constant rulebreaking.

Thank you for reading my application, any constructive feedback / criticism is more than welcome!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by TheXnator.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992538

gametracker gae
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992541

Good
1. Really detailed app
2. ex-staff
3. Trusted member

bad
1. gametracker is really poor

Good luck! B)
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by .Ryan.

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992543

.Ryan wrote:
Good
1. Really detailed app
2. ex-staff
3. Trusted member

bad
1. gametracker is really poor

Good luck! B)
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
gametracker gae

Thanks for the feedback! I plan to keep up my activity to a high standard for the next couple of days, and of course after whether I get accepted or not :)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: .Ryan

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992544

Hmmmmm
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by DEADMONSTOR. Reason: Nobody wants you to quote the whole post come on man
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, LonelyDodo

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992546

Eric Ericson wrote:
Hmmmmm

I maintained by Admin rank and, after resigning months later, worked my way from Moderator all the way to Head Administrator after that happened :P
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992557

TheXnator wrote:
Eric Ericson wrote:
Hmmmmm

I maintained by Admin rank and, after resigning months later, worked my way from Moderator all the way to Head Administrator after that happened :P

tats a big abusss, but as he says probably that is old enouh to lose its meaning so if it was forgotten by community once and he became a staff member after this, i see no reason to push it up again.
:support:
  • ReduX07
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 51
atm afk in s2

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992567

Should be held to the same standards as other admin applicants, poor activity.

:minussp:
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992580

:neutralsp: activity
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992587

Morgan wrote:

Nick0GR wrote:

Thank you for the feedback!

I know this does hold true to some extent, as my activity has not been upheld for a full 2 weeks at a highly consistent level, however given the time played, it is a lot higher than what is deemed "required" activity, and would be enough time to get a very high F1 count. As I stated in the application and in a previous reply (as DEAD clarified with his excellent feedback), I have had more activity than has logged to Gametracker. This can be confirmed by sorle, Tony Lombardi and DEADMONSTOR, and I do have screenshots displaying some more activity which did not log properly if they are required.

Even without having a full 2 weeks of highly consistent activity (though I have been playing SSRP again for a little over 2 weeks now, just not daily for the first week or so), no harm in trying and getting some feedback - better to apply and have a small chance than to not apply and have 0 chance at all :)

If there is anything else to give feedback on, I would like to know, as it is important to always be looking to improve
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992590

Your activity.........
Edit: Before you call me out for my activity I am on inactivity.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Kim..

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992605

MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
Your activity.........
Edit: Before you call me out for my activity I am on inactivity.
Why would he call you out for your activity, surely that would just show immaturity. And, how is your activity relevant to his? If I read the title correctly, this is Xnator's application so we should be giving him criticism and not comparing to yourself.

I see you as a great candidate with previously being a head administrator, and server owner on 3 servers. You have a good knowledge of the rules but I would prefer if you got more activity, good luck!
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992606

Barely even see you myself nor do you make any reports
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankek

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992609

no abtivity minussp::
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992614

All comes down to activity imo, if you can prove you can actually maintain it then I wouldn't see any reason why not given your past staff rank and so on.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992630

TheXnator wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Nick0GR wrote:

I know this does hold true to some extent, as my activity has not been upheld for a full 2 weeks at a highly consistent level, however given the time played, it is a lot higher than what is deemed "required" activity, and would be enough time to get a very high F1 count. As I stated in the application and in a previous reply (as DEAD clarified with his excellent feedback), I have had more activity than has logged to Gametracker. This can be confirmed by sorle, Tony Lombardi and DEADMONSTOR, and I do have screenshots displaying some more activity which did not log properly if they are required.

Even without having a full 2 weeks of highly consistent activity (though I have been playing SSRP again for a little over 2 weeks now, just not daily for the first week or so), no harm in trying and getting some feedback - better to apply and have a small chance than to not apply and have 0 chance at all :)

If there is anything else to give feedback on, I would like to know, as it is important to always be looking to improve
I was talking about your prop hunt activity but ok
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992631

Morgan wrote:

sorry but same ^^^
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992633

Nick0GR wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Nick0GR wrote:

What activity
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

[SSRP Admin] TheXnator's Application 5 years 8 months ago #992639

Ramen wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Nick0GR wrote:

What activity
Exactly
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin