[Prop Hunt Super Admin] Ramen's Application 5 years 9 months ago #972295

Steam Name: Ramen
Time Zone: GMT+4
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/GreyHatRonin/
What server are you applying for? Prop Hunt
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52184147

Gametracker Profiles:
  • Estimated Server Time: 75+ hours
    Languages I speak: Fluent in English, French and Kreol. Google Translate for anything else.
    How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Before joining the PH server as staff, I already had a solid understanding of the ULX menu and its commands from having been a TTT admin but during my time, have become more accustomed to the PH-specific commands accessible to admins and how to appropriately deal with the majority of situations and rulebreakers as well as gotten to know the rest of the staff team especially the Lead Team, whom I have received recommendations for applying from.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Behavior & Attitude
    I’m always friendly in-game, assisting both users and fellow staff members with any questions they may have and helping them in any situations that arise during their staffing, all while making the server more enjoyable as I believe by doing all we can to help users as staff members, we only give a more positive experience to users and in turn, they could even later join our ranks and give back to the server.

Activity & Dedication
    Since joining the Prophunt server, I have always done my best to keep my activity as high and consistent as much as my new outside commitments allows me to. During peak times, I’m usually the only staff on while the server is full which just goes to show that I fully capable of handling myself and furthermore, am usually always available to come on if a moderator needs an assist or to deal with a rulebreaker. Followed up by activity, is my dedication to the server as I greatly enjoy the gamemode and find it quite relaxing overall. With my current staff role, I do all I can to keep the server under control and clean from rulebreakers; all to provide only the best experience to new and recurring players.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

A major issue that I recalled having faced was a hacker in which that I needed a lead team member to anticheat but during that time, none were available to come on. I managed to work around this by spectating the user and recording clear evidence of their rulebreak then presenting it to the LT at the weekly meeting. While it was resolved in the end, it could have been more quickly if I had access to the anticheat at the time.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

If the proper template has been used and evidence supplied, I would examine it first before then stating that I’m handling it. I would then contact the reported staff member, either through TS or steam and ask them about the situation that they’re being accused of. If they refuse to admit to or acknowledge any wrongdoing, I would show them the evidence and give a reply on the report along of these lines:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

However, if after discussing the situation with the staff member, it’s discovered that the user is simply badmouthing them after receiving a valid punishment from said staff. My reply would go more along the lines of:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situations:
    A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would contact them privately either by going into a private spacer on TS or messaging them through steam to ask them what exactly the user was banned for and why they believe the user should have been banned for so-and-so time. After hearing them out, I would remind them about the ethos and make sure they understand what would have been more appropriate. If they agree on how it should be carried out, I would then shorten said ban to a more reasonable length or possibly even unban if they have already served enough.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

Depending on the situation at hand, a course of action I might take would be to step in and take over the situation entirely. After it has been sorted, I would proceed to explain to the staff member what they did wrong and how to improve on it. If needed, I would keep an eye on them and make sure they’re doing alright. Another course of action I might take would be to observe the situation and assist the staff member by providing them with tips on how to handle it more appropriately through admin chat or !psay. I would take the second course preferably as then the staff member in question gains more hands-on experience with server matters, as long as the situation doesn’t start to take more of their in-game time or go out of hand.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Firstly, I would ask them if they have any evidence of them doing so and if evidence is indeed supplied, I will then bring the two staff members into a private spacer as to discuss the entire situation starting with the accuser’s side of events. After they’re finished, I would then ask the accused their side of the events. If they confirm what was said thus admitting and apologises, depending on the severity of the rulebreaks, it could still be brought up in the LT meeting but otherwise I would simpy help them understand that they should be doing this and keep an eye out to avoid further incidents. If no evidence is provided, I would tell the accuser that it’s required if the staff member is to be questioned.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

The staff team exists to watch over the server, providing stability and control all to provide the best experience for players and so I would remind the provoking staff member of that and stress on the fact that we all have to work together, doing all I can to break up any arguments. If this persists, it would have to be brought up in the LT meeting as constant arguments amoung staff members does nothing to benefit the server they staff.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would contact them privately though Admin chat if in-game to tell them they have to stop. If I receive no response but they’re still in-game breaking rules to the point of abuse and harming other players, I’ll have to remove their powers and possibly freeze them, in order to put a stop to the situation at hand. I would then ask them to come onto TS or add me through steam (if not there already) as so we can discuss why they were doing it. I will then inform them that their actions will be brought up in the LT meeting and if they keep this up, they will most likely end up receiving an official or eventually even a demotion. Afterwards, their powers will be given back and I will observe them to try and avoid any further incidents.

I like this template better :^)
    • Sopheric
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 534
    ♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
    ♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Sopheric.
    The topic has been locked.

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] Ramen's Application 5 years 9 months ago #972299

:plussp: *I can't make it to the meeting like 99% rip*
    • Nick0GR
    • Marvelous Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
    TS3+Discord Staff
    Bhop Super admin
    TTT Super admin
    Discord: Nick0GR#9038