Estimated Server Time:

40 hours.

Languages I speak:

English
Hello!

Small amounts of French
Bonjour!

Staff-related

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Throughout my time as an administrator, I have felt like a strong asset towards the team. In this time, I have learnt multiple things, such as refinings of my knowledge of the rules, how to handle appeals and reports, and the exact details of being staff. I have thoroughly looked over the ethos and learned the correct punishments for every situation and whether or not punishment would need to be used.

In my time as staff, I have built back my good relationship with the staff team and have proven myself to be adept at handling situations. I am incredibly active throughout most of the community, being one of the most active users on the forums and being an avid Deathrun/Bhop player. I also show activity on Teamspeak, so I would be a strong asset in building the relationships of separate staff teams, so they can effectively and efficiently work together.

I am available for every meeting, report, appeal, staff incident; you name it, I can do it.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I don't see it as necessary to include the copy + pasted bit as the main part of the application. I've only copy + pasted it because it covers all bases I'd want it to cover. However, I'd like to mention on a separate note that I know I have a tendency to not take playing the server too seriously, however with Jailbreak the gamemode is what you make of it, therefore I try to approach the server with a more light-hearted mood to improve the playing experience not only for myself, but for other players. I uphold my staffing with utmost professionalism and care, so a good balance is struck. I allow myself to be taken seriously but not be seen as a person who only exists to detract fun at the same time.

Currently, Jailbreak has a great absence of active Lead Team members, and I believe the current three applicants as a whole unit would be a great working force together to fill this void within the staff team. I have a good, productive relationship with Annie, Nafe, and the current Jailbreak Lead Team members, so we would be able to work together to a very strong extent to a collective goal of maintaining high staff and gameplay quality on the server. Factoring in all of our previous/current Lead Team experience, we make very strong candidates.

I made this application with the knowledge in mind that as a staff team, we severely lack Lead Team and are in dire need. I was against applying at first, but after a long chat with Blocked making me realise the fact that my application doesn't affect the chances of other applicants due to the severity of the LT problem on Jailbreak, I decided to give it a shot.

I understand this may feel like it comes a little too soon after being accepted for Deathrun SA, or that I'm merely doing it for the sake of it, but I honestly and truly believe in my ability to juggle both Lead Team positions, and I have taken a very strong liking to the gamemode and I would love to see the server progress further. As a result, I'd like to help at any opportunity I can get.

Original part of this section [ Click to expand ]

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

While I was administrator in the past, there were multiple situations within the staff team with multiple conflicts involved in each one. Grudges resulted from it and the conflicts continued and escalated. While I did my best to diffuse this, it was to no avail and I just ended up getting shots fired at me. This is a very difficult situation as administrator, but if I possessed the rank of super admin, I would've been able to overcome this situation very easily and ensure that the necessary punishments would be handed out.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Firstly, I would review the report and check any potential proof that is provided extensively. If he was using the template, I would respond with this:
I will handle this. Expect a reply shortly, I will speak to the staff member in question.

After getting a full and proper understanding of the report, and speaking with the player who made the report if needed, I would bring up the allegations to the staff member in question, and begin a discussion about the report.

Depending on whether or not the reporter or not has valid proof, I will come to a conclusion. If he has no proof, and the staff member denies what happens, then I will have to deny the report. However, if the staff member admits to it, I will accept it but probably not bring it up extensively, as it shows honesty and a desire to improve, therefore punishment would not be needed. In the situation that the staff member denies the claims but the proof shows otherwise, I would respond with this:

The staff member's actions here were entirely unacceptable, and I will do my best to prevent this from happening again. This will be brought up in the lead team meeting.
:accepted:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

First, before approaching the staff member, I would make sure I have a clear mindset and my goals are laid out clearly. Then, I would attempt to speak to the staff member on Teamspeak, for ease of communication. If they were unable to use Teamspeak for whatever reason, I would either speak to them in-game or on Steam. I would explain to them that punishments should not be too harsh, and that our goal as a staff team is to give everyone the best experience on the server. I would then go over the Ethos with the staff member in question. After doing that, I would then discuss a new ban length with the staff member. If, upon enquiry, the staff member was un-cooperative and stood completely by their ban and refused to change the length, I would contact a HA to overrule the punishment, and bring it up in the LTM.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would spectate this situation, and see how they handle the situation. If they make mistakes, I would message them, detailing the mistakes they made and how to correct them. I would guide them through the situation and do whatever I can to help without directly handling the situation myself. If the situation gets out of hand, I would notify them via admin chat and deal with it.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

As this is a staff on staff situation, it must be handled with the utmost sensitivity and care.

I would separately speak to the accusing party first, and get their side of the story. I would do the same with the accused party and give each story an equal sitting. I would then compare both stories, determine whether or not any wrongdoings took place, and deal with any rule breaks. If a rule was broken, I would speak to the staff member who broke the rule and correct them on this. If no rule was broken, I would tell the accusing staff member that this was a misunderstanding and end it there.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

In this situation, you have to eliminate the problem at its source.

Of course, disrespect and non-peaceful discussions within the staff team are unacceptable, so I would approach the person who provoked the argument/started the disrespect first, and tell them to lay off, as it damages the image of the staff team, and of course can be hurtful to the other person. Anyone else who was engaging in disrespectful/argumentative behaviour would be told the same thing. Any further arguments or disrespect would be brought up at the lead team meeting, as it is an unacceptable attitude for staff to hold against each other.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

In this situation, the first course of action would be to stop them in the act.

From there, I can give them a calm but stern talking to about how this type of behaviour is entirely unacceptable and affects everyone's enjoyment of the server. I would then try to speak to them on Teamspeak afterwards, and gather proof to bring up in the LTM if necessary. If it continued to the point of the staff member majorly disrupting everyone's experience, I would take their powers away from them until the meeting.

Thank you for reading. If possible, I would like feedback beyond my time/experience, as I am aware that these must be improved upon.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by SorIe.
Login or register to post a reply.

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961242

Just chill out with the smacking guards fetish
:plussp:
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 994
Propane#4246

Steam
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961244

Gl bro!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11215
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, 123123123

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961250

right then...

:support:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961253

Nafe wrote:
right then...

don't worry mate, the LT's in shambles so we could probably all get it at once according to blocked, only 2 SAs and 3 HAs

that's a big probably though, i doubt it, could definitely accept 2
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961254

sorIe wrote:
Nafe wrote:
right then...

don't worry mate, the LT's in shambles so we could probably all get it at once according to blocked, only 2 SAs and 3 HAs

that's a big probably though, i doubt it, could definitely accept 2

I hope so. good luck sorle
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961257

:plussp:

Please give dis boy and Annie Montanie SA
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Annie Moonise

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961260

Jailbreak LT is a joke rn, all the people who got given their ranks without any real merit are inactive and don't know anything about Jailbreak.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Annie Moonise

[Jailbreak Super Admin] Sorle's Application 5 years 8 months ago #961291

yes plz :plussp:
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요