TTT

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:177633343

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Estimated Server Time:

350 Hours (Across all Gametrackers)

Languages I speak:

TTT RELATED

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

During my almost 3 months as a staff member on Zarp, I have acquired an excellent knowledge of the servers rules and what is expected of me as a member of the staff team. As a result of my knowledge of the server's rules, I have been able to help staff and users alike when they have been struggling with what is acceptable on our servers or how to punish someone accordingly. During my time as staff, I have become very familiar with the commands used and I am now aware how to use these commands correctly for the benefit of the server. I have also learned what the correct way is to handle certain situations/reports and I would be able to use this knowledge as a lead team member to ensure other users were able to get the best possible experience. One way I currently do this is by always checking on the server, if no staff members are online I will either stay on or if I cannot, I take it upon myself to contact another member of staff to take over. I have recently been helping out newer staff members by answering their questions and just giving general advice on the best ways to handle situations and to ensure that the newer and less experienced staff members know how to interact with users and make sure that everyone is treated equally.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Activity

I have maintained a high consistent activity over the vast majority of the past three months, especially within the past month. Whilst I am on the server, I spend my time helping out users and other staff members and handling reports and situations. On average I have consistently around 150+ reports completed per week. Even though with my social life and work I cannot spend ridiculous amounts of time on the server each day, however, I still manage to find time to play because I really enjoy playing the server and speaking and having fun with users that are playing the server. Due to me actually being interested in the game mode, I am able to keep a high constant activity.

Friendliness

Almost everyone that knows me and that I speak to on a regular basis would say that I'm a very friendly person. I always go out of my way to help users and staff that have an issue and then I do my best to resolve it. As I am human, there are occasions where I get annoyed with the way someone is acting but in those situations, I just remove myself and go calm down, and then with a clear head I attempt to resolve it. I keep my attitude and behavior to a very high standard which sets a good example for users and other staff to follow. The more time I am a staff member and the more experience I gain, the better my attitude towards others becomes and I feel that I have shown this on many occasions. This is a beneficial quality for a member of the lead team because it means that staff that needed help, I would be approachable and it would make people less apprehensive to ask about a matter or to report a fellow staff member to me.

Dedication

I believe that I show my dedication to this server very clearly as every time I am asked to come online to aid another staff member, I will do so. It doesn't matter to me if someone needs my help or if they just need to go off. If a fellow staff member requires assistance then I will do my best to help them. Unless there are irl circumstances that require me to not be on my computer, I will always be checking the forums and Teamspeak and checking on the server to make sure everything is ok and that no one requires assistance. Another way I feel I show my dedication to the server is by playing on the server for multiple hours almost every day. As a member of the lead team, I would continue to be active and prove that I care about the server and I will do everything I can in order to make the server a better place.

Attitude

Whilst I am playing on the server, I always act in a very professional manner, I always act mature and make sure to set a good example to my fellow staff members and to new users. I feel a big part of why many users take a liking to me is because whilst I am on the server, I don't just spend all of my time calling koses and handling reports, I speak to people. I ask questions, I just try my best to be a nice, friendly guy that people can look up to. It is crucial for a staff member to always remain calm even in situations where a user is being extremely disrespectful and just in general, being annoying, because if you set a bad example then users may follow suit. So, to avoid this I always act with a sense of professionalism and make sure to keep my cool and act normal.

Maturity

I would say that I am very mature for my age, most of the time, be it on Teamspeak or on the server itself, I am able to act mature and not to muck around. This is a good quality for a member of the lead team to have as it would make it easier for me to have a proper conversation with people about important topics. Another result of my maturity is that during meetings and on the forums, I am not afraid to give my own personal opinion on a matter even if my opinion is not popular amongst others.

Fourm + TS

Most of the time I am on Teamspeak or the forums and if I am needed by someone to discuss an appeal ect, then I can usually be available within a few minutes. The vast majority of the time if I am needed to speak about anything, I will be able to get on within 12 hours maximum. On the forums, when people apply for staff, I usually give good feedback if I can mention something that hasn't already been brought up and quite often I give my opinions in suggestions or punishment appeals/report abuses. When appeals are posted, I cannot always handle them as other staff claim them within the first minute of them being posted but I still attempt to give my input on how the appeal should be handled to make the job easier for the handling staff member. I may not have the highest post count on the forums, however, I always attempt to give my opinion on matters that involve me or TTT. Recently I have been on Teamspeak, speaking to other staff members and just, in general, communicating with other members of the community. Having good Teamspeak activity is crucial for a member of the lead team as you need to be active to discuss appeals, report abuses ect.

Conclusion

I feel that I would be a good candidate for the TTT lead team due to my abilities and traits. The most important of these that I feel are my general attitude/maturity/professionalism. This would allow me to look at a scenario and take both sides of the story and any evidence without letting any personal preference or favoritism sway my decision. I have also witnessed one of the training of a moderator which would mean it would be easier for me to get the jist of how to train a new member of staff. Throughout my time on the server, I feel that I have shown that I am trustworthy and would be able to utilize my new commands and powers correctly. Obviously, there are negatives that people will point out, the main one of these that I have been informed of when I have asked, was my lack of experience. Even though I have only held the administrator position for just over two months, I believe that what I have shown both on the server and the forums is more important than just the amount of time I have been staff. What is important is what you do during your time as staff, not how long you have spent as staff, and personally I feel that during my time as staff, I have shown my leadership skills and my ability to be a good staff member.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

There was one time when I was the only staff member online and there were approximately 40 users. There was a group of 3 individual that were mass rulebreaking and being disrespectful. I suspected that one of them was aim hacking so I attempted to get a member of the lead team but I was unsuccessful. Eventually, I was able to ban the users for Mass RDM + Discrimination but it would have been much easier if I could have got a member of the lt. I was still able to deal with the situation but it would have been dealt with much sooner had I been able to get a hold of one of the lead team.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Accepted

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would try and get the staff member on Teamspeak and speak to them about the ban. If I feel that the ban is excessive and not appropriate I would inform the staff member that their ban was too harsh and I would give them an idea of the normal ban length. An example of this would be if someone banned someone for being racist for 2 weeks and the banned user had no recent punishments, I would tell the staff member that the ban length should have been around 1-3 days. I would then ensure that the ban length was reduced to an appropriate length.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would speak to the staff member that is struggling and I would give them advice on how to handle the situation. I would also recommend that the staff member does not react to disruptive individuals and to try and keep calm and if they were annoyed, then just to take a few minutes break. I have actually given this advice to some newer staff members after they have been frustrated by a new users actions. I would also mention to the staff member that if they were to require any more help, then they could contact me over steam or Teamspeak.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

The first thing I would attempt to do is ask the accuser if they had any evidence, if not I would proceed to ask the accused if the allegations were correct, is they were to deny them then no action could be taken, however if they were to admit to it then they would be brought up in the lead team meeting or would be given a verbal warning (depending on the severity). If the accuser did have evidence, then I would review it and if I came to the conclusion that Staff Y was abusing their power, (depending on the seriousness) I would either give them a verbal warning about it on Teamspeak or I would bring them up for a demotion

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

The first step I would take would be to ask the disrespectful member of staff to come onto Teamspeak and speak to them about the staff ethos and how their current attitude is not acceptable for a member of staff. I would suggest that the disrespectful staff member that he should apologize for his actions and that if they 2 members don't get on, just don't play together. I would also warn the disrespectful staff member that if he was to continue acting in this manner, then he could be given an official warning and could possibly be brought up for demotion.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would pm the staff member asking them to stop immediately. I would then seek clarification from the user on what exactly the staff member was doing. I would then proceed to speak to the staff member on Teamspeak and remind them of the staff ethos and the server's rules. I would then bring them up in the weekly lead team meeting and decide on an appropriate punishment.

Extra

I truly feel that over the past few weeks, I have taken the feedback that I have been given onboard and attempted to use it to improve myself as a candidate for the lead team. I have explained thoroughly why I have the skills to become a member of the lead team and why I would be a good addition.

Any and all constructive feedback is appreciated!
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Mattors.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926053

I personally don't think you are ready/have enough experience as at one point you have been incorrectly punishing people in regards to traps and after disagreeing with me, still refused to listen to me after I got two super admins to confirm I was indeed correct. Although that was like a month ago I can still tell by how you are the every so often I am in game
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926228

Good luck. I don't really know much about how you have progressed as an admin so I am not entirely sure if you're ready for this position or not.
  • DaAwezomeViking
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 129

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926342

Kyber wrote:
I personally don't think you are ready/have enough experience as at one point you have been incorrectly punishing people in regards to traps and after disagreeing with me, still refused to listen to me after I got two super admins to confirm I was indeed correct. Although that was like a month ago I can still tell by how you are the every so often I am in game

Would you kindly elaborate on what you mean by incorrectly punishing people with traps, if you mean our thing about the nether, then you have worded this incorrectly or are lying as I have never punished someone in regards to that trap.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Mattors.

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926481

Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Would you kindly elaborate on what you mean by incorrectly punishing people with traps, if you mean our thing about the nether, then you have worded this incorrectly or are lying as I have never punished someone in regards to that trap.
I worded it a bit wrong, but you were defending someone who had incorrectly punished for traps and then wouldn't listen to someone with more experience and two super admins, I think you need more time good sir
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926726

Bump, some feedback would be appreciated!
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926860

Personally I feel you are a viable candidate for this position but I still feel you need more time and experience
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926937

Very detailed application, I’d say you are a good candidate but some more time and experience would be helpful

:plussp:

Best of luck!
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926943

Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

I worded it a bit wrong, but you were defending someone who had incorrectly punished for traps and then wouldn't listen to someone with more experience and two super admins, I think you need more time good sir
I mean, you can’t kill someone or make a KOS based on any traps because you can’t be sure who actually activated it, as they can be activated from anywhere on the map, however when it comes to the trap in the nether, when it’s only you and someone else in the nether and you are sure there is no one else there, I guess that’s a grey area
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by eddie..

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926964

@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

I mean, you can’t kill someone or make a KOS based on any traps because you can’t be sure who actually activated it, as they can be activated from anywhere on the map, however when it comes to the trap in the nether, when it’s only you and someone else in the nether and you are sure there is no one else there, I guess that’s a grey area
It's not, if the person who killed them is 100% sure there were no other people in the area/radius of the trap (e.g nether) then you can kos as there is only 1 person who could have possibly done it
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #926973

Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

It's not, if the person who killed them is 100% sure there were no other people in the area/radius of the trap (e.g nether) then you can kos as there is only 1 person who could have possibly done it
Okay, you are correct with the nether, but not with the area/radius, because no matter how far away you are from a trap, you can still press e and activate it, for example you can activate the tester trap from the top of the tower even though it’s the opposite side of the map. The only exception is the nether trap because you can’t activate that trap from the normal world without going through the portal
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927031

@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Okay, you are correct with the nether, but not with the area/radius, because no matter how far away you are from a trap, you can still press e and activate it, for example you can activate the tester trap from the top of the tower even though it’s the opposite side of the map. The only exception is the nether trap because you can’t activate that trap from the normal world without going through the portal
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that the traps have a rather small activation radius of around 15 in game blocks, but that is to my knowledge
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927033

Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that the traps have a rather small activation radius of around 15 in game blocks, but that is to my knowledge
Actually, I’m not sure. I’m pretty certain they can be activated from any distance, but if not then this whole conversation would have been extremely dumb
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927050

@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Actually, I’m not sure. I’m pretty certain they can be activated from any distance, but if not then this whole conversation would have been extremely dumb
There is a limit not sure how big it is though, it definitely cannot be activated from the tower, i know that much.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927056

Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

My point to this situation is say the reported players says I knew it was just me and u in nether and the trap went off. How can they be 100% sure and how can they prove that to us. What if someone is hiding at the back or if someone walks through portal and quickly activates it?
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927059

Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

My point to this situation is say the reported players says I knew it was just me and u in nether and the trap went off. How can they be 100% sure and how can they prove that to us. What if someone is hiding at the back or if someone walks through portal and quickly activates it?
Does 100% sure not mean that they are sure without a shadow of doubt? And the fact that if the person doesn't make sure no one else could have activated it then the kos is not valid
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Kyber.

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927060

Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Which is why I’ve suggested a rule addition to this, it would make sure that situation could never happen
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927062

@Eddie wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Which is why I’ve suggested a rule addition to this, it would make sure that situation could never happen
a lot of the rules are common sense though and do not have to be set in stone to be followed, if someone does something that only a traitor can do and without a shadow of doubt know it was them then doesn't it go under the rule of committing traitorous acts?
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927063

@Eddie wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:
@Eddie wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Mattors wrote:
Kyber wrote:

There was a situation a while ago like this involving kosing people who leave the nether that you did not witness go into the portal, the same logic applies here, no rule changes are needed or should happen. If staff are doing there job correctly they should question the user further in a chat, to make sure that the player had confirmed it was only them in the nether. No rule should make a kosable act no longer kosable because staff are too lazy or incompetent.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT Super Administrator] Mattors' Application 5 years 10 months ago #927716

Mattors wrote:
Bump, some feedback would be appreciated!

No more discussion about traps please.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127