Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036845

Staff Member(s) Name:
Dr Richard

Staff Member(s) SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:79280795

What Did The Staff Member(s) do?:
Not following the ethos and basically corruption.

What Server(s) Was This On?:
SSRP server 1

Story:
He banned this guy for way way too long then needed. After I made an F1 to speak with him he just couldn't admit to the ban being way too long and excessive.
He then proceeded to send me to the site if I have any further problems.
Justice is needed and should be served.

Evidence:
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by EiPUS.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036846

holy fuck almost a month ban? for 5 recents and "ignoring the sit"

are you... are you joking??????
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
  • Thanks received: 384
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036848

Indeed justice is needed
:support:
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 882

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036850

idc what this is about but u'll get a :plussp:
  • JAEGERMEISTER
  • Gold Boarder
  • Wrecking Ball
  • Thanks received: 1060

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036852

dindu nuffin
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036856

It was reduced 30 minutes ago after i had a chat with Mr Fombasto. This is the ban:
STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 19:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP
Lul this is the first demote request on me, ever...
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036857

Seems like he was just trying to get this guy for everything possible to warrant a ban "Ignoring sit, minimal intention to RP"
And even still, it is rather excessive
:plussp:
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2232
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Henny.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036861

Dr Richard wrote:
It was reduced 30 minutes ago after i had a chat with Mr Fombasto. This is the ban:
STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 19:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

Even so, 2 weeks? was there a recent ban in his 5 recents? Ignoring the sit usually only gets a warning. You can't ban or punish for "minimal intention to RP" as this isn't a serious RP server. Mass RDM also isn't grounds for a ban, usually a warning or a jail. So really before the ban, we'd be looking at 7 recents (including the ignoring sit and mass rdm). No recent ban? a Week max probably. Not 2, not 3 not even 3 days. A week is what you want.

And when you make dumb decisions you get called out for it. Have fun being a staff member.

Edit: also just because you changed it doesn't negate this request. If it gets accepted you'll probably just be retrained anyway.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by TheCorgi.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036866

TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:

Even so, 2 weeks? was there a recent ban in his 5 recents? Ignoring the sit usually only gets a warning. You can't ban or punish for "minimal intention to RP" as this isn't a serious RP server. Mass RDM also isn't grounds for a ban, usually a warning or a jail. So really before the ban, we'd be looking at 7 recents (including the ignoring sit and mass rdm). No recent ban? a Week max probably. Not 2, not 3 not even 3 days. A week is what you want.

And when you make dumb decisions you get called out for it. Have fun being a staff member.

He was being strict on a person who do not even attempt to play the server legally

I think I know who he banned and he honestly should of been month banned for everything he has done

Also I didn’t get around to dealing with the person that was banned but that recent count should be around 7 if I had gotten around to warning him

:Minussp:
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD
  • Thanks received: 51
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Comfy.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036869

Comfy wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:

He was being strict on a person who might of not even attempted to play the server legally

:Minussp:

what? Are you suggesting that illegal aliens are playing the sacred ZARP server????????
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036871

Mr Red X wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
pretty sure you did it after the report was posted

Timestamp says 19:13, so he didn't. it was about 30 minutes ago
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036873

You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.
:minussp:
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starman, Mr. Richard, gattonero

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036875

dankek wrote:
You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.

That's what i was about to write, you read my mind...
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036877

dankek wrote:
Didn’t get around to dealing with him Yesterday but he should of had 2 more warns ontop of the 5 for mass prop block and mass rdm
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036878

dankek wrote:

Wrong... he got banned for 5 recent punishments + ignoring sit +Mass RDM and minimal intention to RP.
You're just trying to justify his nonsense ban but it is clearly false and he should clearly be spoken to and maybe retrained for the way he punishes users. Banning a user for 3 weeks for 5 recents is basically corruption.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCorgi

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036881

Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036882

TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.
K guy who knows everything read my comments plus he had a shitty attitude and constantly was breaking the rules with no regard for other players and should have been banned way before this happened
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Comfy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036885

Comfy wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

K guy who knows everything read my comments plus he had a shitty attitude and constantly was breaking the rules

You're irrelevant. Anyways, if you believe this 3 week ban is deserved you should be retrained alongside Richard.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036886

Comfy wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

K guy who knows everything read my comments plus he had a shitty attitude and constantly was breaking the rules

I did read your comments. I was a Head Admin for a while. I know what I'm talking about. Unless they magically changed the Ethos (which I HIGHLY doubt) nothing has changed. So you can take your bad attitude and shove it. I'm trying to help you guys understand the way administrating works and how banning people works, since ya know you were supposed to be taught that during your training. It doesn't matter how bad his attitude is, or how many rules he breaks. You ban his based on his recents and what he is currently doing. You start small and work your way up.

Edit: you're a mod... what do you even know about banning/the proper way to ban? you weren't trained to nor do you have the command to.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by TheCorgi.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 5 months ago #1036889

TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

I disagree with this notion. I know what you're talking about doubling the ban length, but imo it has always been a terrible way to deal with rulebreakers. People get chances; perhaps this time they got a little too many, and richie just banned the guy for a huge amount of time that reflects the punishments on his rap sheet.

Hate to bring it down to you though, but the staff ethos is a bunch of guidelines. Nothing more than that. If they get in the way of protecting the user's experience, you'll get a fucking hell of a ban hammer in your face, that reflects the amount of times you've been a cunt in the duration you've been in the server. Of course, time between the punishments and logic should be accounted. E.g. I'd easily permaban a guy who has a rap sheet with one or two mass rdms on his rap sheet every couple of weeks, because that motherfucker is exploiting the ethos.
Another example would be a user who returns from a permaban, and about a month after being unbanned he starts doing the same shit he did which caused the permaban; you bet that I'd warn the person to be cautious and aware. Next time he pulls some of this dumb shit again, it's a permaban, I wouldn't even give a fuck, he'd fully deserve it and he's clearly not changed yet he's playing on the server with that being the premise.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by dankek.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

136 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf