Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899536

Staff Member(s) Name: David Spencer
Staff Member(s) SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1234567
What did the Staff Member(s) do?: He abused me by giving me false warnings. He warned me for saying ''i got banned for 4 days because i called someone a retard''
What server(s) was this on?: It was on the Trouble in Terrorist Town server.
Evidence:
Proof of warning: https://imgur.com/a/daY9M
Last Edit: 6 years 7 hours ago by ilikeblenko. Reason: putting in evidence
The topic has been locked.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899538

Please follow the template or it will be denied by staff
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899540

If you would like to challenge a warning, I believe you are posting to the wrong sub forum.

In regards to this scenario, I had only just come back from making lunch when ilikeblenko had said as he quoted. I believe the context which it had been used was fine as it was not directed at anyone, however I believe Dylan reacted in the way he did with the best intentions to follow the rules in the way he understood them and had experienced them in the past.

Overall, in the way I remember it I agree with the accuracy of ilikeblenko's post.

Edit: It would be interesting to get the opinion of some senior staff on this situation, for clarity going forward.
  • IEatBlueCrayons
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 6 years 7 hours ago by IEatBlueCrayons.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899541

First of all, use the correct template. Secondly if you have no evidence this won't count at all. Other than that I won't state anything any further as this can be based on lies for all I know.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thanks received: 48

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899543

Staff Member(s) Name:
Staff Member(s) SteamID:
What did the Staff Member(s) do?:
What server(s) was this on?:
Evidence:
Proof of warning
  • IEatBlueCrayons
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 8 hours ago by IEatBlueCrayons.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899544

I'll handle when you use the template!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899545

You should've followed the template like I said, edit it with the template and people will read it better.
What did the Staff Member(s) do?: He abused me by giving me false warnings. He warned me for "Being a retard".
Evidence:
Proof of warning i.imgur.com/LWjR3Ms.png
But aside from that, I back him 100%. Dylan was awful staff member in this case, and the warn was completely unjust.
Firstly, he completely jumped the gun and didn't even warn or say anything to ilikeblenko before issuing BOTH A WARN AND A GAG (showing up 2 times in recents).

He also warned him for "Disrespect", disregarding the fact that ilikeblenko was only adding to the situation caused by me, and not being disrespectful towards anyone else. I, prior, said that "You can break the rules 10 times and walk away scot free (forgetting to mention the proper punishments for those 10 broken rules) to which, he tried to defend the server and say "I got banned for 4 days for calling someone a retard" and thus getting him a gag and a warn.

Dylan, after that, tried to cover his ass and make up some bullshit reason for his punishment, saying "He was doing it for attention", to which I said he was clearly doing it for awareness, not attention.

Aside from that, I then said how unjust his actions were, to which he was extremely disrespectful, and said things like "I don't have time for this, just report me on the forums" and after I said that he could stop being so ignorant and not handle the situation so stupidly, he said "I don't need you telling me that, I'm smart". Which, clearly, he isn't when he moderates the server like that.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 8 hours ago #899547

Dylan. wrote:
First of all, use the correct template. Secondly if you have no evidence this won't count at all. Other than that I won't state anything any further as this can be based on lies for all I know.

That's such a bull shit, cowardly and childish response.

How the fuck did this (beep boop zarp is so nice and not backwards at all) get staff in the first place is beyond me.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899551

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

How the fuck did this (beep boop zarp is so nice and not backwards at all) get staff in the first place is beyond me.

As soon as the correct evidence and correct template are used I won't say anything. You've been causing a bit of trouble today. I handled the situation fairly for the benefit of the server. If you think I made a terrible mistake, then you must be wrong. Other then that stating that word disrespected and offended me. Learn to talk in a more mature manner instead of trying to cause an uproar against me.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899553

Dylan. wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

As soon as the correct evidence and correct template are used I won't say anything. You've been causing a bit of trouble today. I handled the situation fairly for the benefit of the server. If you think I made a terrible mistake, then you must be wrong. Other then that stating that word disrespected and offended me. Learn to talk in a more mature manner instead of trying to cause an uproar against me.

"a bit of trouble" my ass lmao

You are staff, you should stand behind the rules, not shut anyone down who disagrees with them because you don't know them. You DIDN'T handle the situation fairly, get your head out of your own ass. You're ignorant to what "the benefit of the server" is, because you only did it for your own benefit.

You're an extremely ignorant and simple-minded, without any ability nor wish to change, so there's no point of arguing against you. I hope in the future you'll get your head out of your own ass.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899555

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

Svanz y u so toxic </3
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899558

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

"a bit of trouble" my ass lmao

You are staff, you should stand behind the rules, not shut anyone down who disagrees with them because you don't know them. You DIDN'T handle the situation fairly, get your head out of your own ass. You're ignorant to what "the benefit of the server" is, because you only did it for your own benefit.

You're an extremely ignorant and simple-minded, without any ability nor wish to change, so there's no point of arguing against you. I hope in the future you'll get your head out of your own ass.

You just proved my point, by saying those kind of words towards me. I stood behind the rules, I followed them correctly and how they should've been handled. Judging by how you responded, you don't seem to care enough and you just want to cause some drama. I know what to do, that's why I've been chosen to moderate. I try to handle as much situations as I can, and this is one of them. The way I treated blenko, sure it might've been harsh and irrational for some, but I know what happened, and I know it was the correct way to deal with him.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899559

LonelyDodo wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

Svanz y u so toxic </3

madcuzbad??

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899560

ilikeblenko wrote:
What did the Staff Member(s) do?: He abused me by giving me false warnings. He warned me for saying ''i got banned for 4 days because i called someone a retard''
Evidence:
Proof of warning: https://imgur.com/a/daY9M

Just a heads up, it's Dylan. not David Spencer
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899563

Svanzscape wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

Svanz y u so toxic </3

madcuzbad??

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

If you actually care for the server, stop trying to bring it down and talking shit about it when you're actually on the server. If you want something changed appeal it, rather than talking about it on the server and cause drama.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899565

Someone has to argue the other side so i guess i will. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any form of discrimination on all zarp servers, this can mean that even saying a word that can be classed as discriminatory can get you punished regardless of context. As for what you actually said while petty the word in question is still used as a form of abuse to people with mental disabilities, i get what your point was but you still should not have said it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: IEatBlueCrayons

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899573

Dylan. wrote:
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Either this happened or this didn't, and we can clearly see from the proof that this actually happened, so why the fuck are you acting like this is all lies?
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, Johnler

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899575

Miia wrote:
Someone has to argue the other side so i guess i will. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any form of discrimination on all zarp servers, this can mean that even saying a word that can be classed as discriminatory can get you punished regardless of context. As for what you actually said while petty the word in question is still used as a form of abuse to people with mental disabilities, i get what your point was but you still should not have said it.
This was used as an example in the situation though. He didn't say "You are retarded" or "What a retard" or anything along those lines, he simply said "I got banned for calling someone a retard", which is a fact. That isn't discrimination in the slightest and I don't see why he should be punished for it.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 7 hours ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seargent44, IEatBlueCrayons

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899577

Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:
This was used as an example in the situation though. He didn't say "You are retarded" or "What a retard" or anything along those lines, he simply said "I got banned for calling someone a retard", which is a fact. That isn't discrimination in the slightest and I don't see why he should be punished for it.

This was my thinking, the rules should be applied to common sense and to the context of the situation, where in this case the word 'retard' was used in a factual context and not a discriminatory one,
  • IEatBlueCrayons
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 7 hours ago by IEatBlueCrayons.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 7 hours ago #899579

Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:

Exactly, words are extremely specific, one of the main reasons why I got so riled up.

IF he got warned for DISRESPECT, then there should be clear evidence of him DISRESPECTING someone.

In this case, he didn't.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

298 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop