Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (Discussion) What made you leave or stay?

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262472

Alright boys, I have a serious question. Since I’ve left and came back here and there, I’ve noticed that they’re a lack of players for SSRP and staff are punting out events left right and center. So, I want us to have a open discussion about what made you leave/stay. From my prospect The suits ruined it for me, like think about being a new player you’d have to work so hard to have fun/get somewhere.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PrincessPeach

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262479

It's boring, updates are mainly just the same thing over and over again, a new case, maybe a new suit and some reworks to the map. It isn't enough to keep the playerbase happy, especially as Zarp is getting more and more non new player friendly. Nobody wants to keep their PC on for days to get money anymore, it's really boring.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262484

Neilsen wrote:
Armarni4 wrote:
If we reset everything and unbanned everyone we'd probably have more player

that would literally make every rich player leave the server, im not rich but i would leave if that happened, unbanning everyone is probably the worst idea because im assuming perm bans and cm bans would count that would cause chaos

All the rich players have already left lmao
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smol, Buffy, PrincessPeach

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262485

Armarni4 wrote:

Let’s be responsible and not give out dumb questions mate, It’s never going to happen because they deserve to be banned and not everything can be reset however I have always said a Vanilla Server, When they’re no suits just explosives like the old days.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262487

Neilsen wrote:
narexa wrote:
Neilsen wrote:
Armarni4 wrote:

that would literally make every rich player leave the server, im not rich but i would leave if that happened, unbanning everyone is probably the worst idea because im assuming perm bans and cm bans would count that would cause chaos

no theres still many rich players that still play
Nah, there isn’t. I already left.
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Buffy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262489

Neilsen wrote:
narexa wrote:
Neilsen wrote:
Armarni4 wrote:

no theres still many rich players that still play

Majority have left bro.

Let’s provide positive questions/answers as I don’t want this closed down as it could look like an “attack on ssrp” however I just really wanna know.

Like, Ages ago I suggested a vanilla server but it got denied and I agree with what Narexa said about leaving computer on and stuff. I honestly think the only way forward for SSRP is to make a vanilla server with a new database and remove suits and although suits are custom to zarp but it’s what ruined it too, What is everyone’s else opinion on this?
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262497

Gamemode itself just became boring and repetitive. Nothing to do aside from nukes... I don't entirely blame MY inactivity to the suits and stuff though. I had actually left ZARP quite a while back in like 2016, and the suits were what brought me back. If there wasn't the constant new content, I would have stopped playing back in 2017 or earlier. I think ZARP had a good run, and nothing can stay popular forever. Of course, we would like it to be, especially remembering all the fun we had back in the days. No game stays popular forever, and people eventually move on with their lives.

Personally, I just don't have the time for any videogames and such because I am preparing myself to go to university meaning my last school year will be quite important. Even If I had time though, I probably wouldn't play on zarp. Another big reason is that most of my friends don't play or are BANNED.
  • ITztrain
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Professional créme de la meow meow eater
  • Thanks received: 584
The following user(s) said Thank You: KrypticOG

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262499

ssrp got kinda boring to me because with a bit of ssrp money you could get 10 times health, be able to fly around with 90% gluon resistance and weapons such as the gluon that can one hit players without a suit.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262500

dead.
  • KrypticOG
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 686

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262501

Too much drama, and most of it comes from SSRP - the "only" server in Zarp. Tch, how can you guys cope?
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262503

Studio Banter wrote:
Too much drama, and most of it comes from SSRP - the "only" server in Zarp. Tch, how can you guys cope?

I am going to sound like a dick here but it was SSRP that made zarp the #1 server back in the day it’s what made us and then now TTT and boosterpack deals is what is keeping the doors open if that makes sense
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262505

Jordz wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:

I am going to sound like a dick here but it was SSRP that made zarp the #1 server back in the day it’s what made us and then now TTT and boosterpack deals is what is keeping the doors open if that makes sense

Can't forget about Prop Hunt bro!

and I agree, there was some pretty bad drama which sadly involved doxing and such in the past but the majority of the time the drama was more light hearted and was more gang rivalry imo rather than today were it's literally just getting pictures or names of people and their family.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262506

people :o
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262507

xnator
  • JAEGERMEISTER
  • Gold Boarder
  • Wrecking Ball
  • Thanks received: 1060

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262508

Jordz wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:

TTT had a fun and sizeable (15-20) playerbase during SSRP prime years. I believe DR's playerbase ran longer than TTT before the switch to minecraft. Sure SSRP made Zarp stand out in the SSRP scene, but the pointshop servers always had unique individuals which made people come back for more.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262511

Lets not beat it around the bush the server is p2w and nothing more Chute knows it and we know it, we should focus on how we could gain more players instead of releasing updates or making events trying to keep the current playerbase.
Also there is no more gang wars, its either everyone is allied or no one has the balls to raid or to use items, you could launch a nuke and go afk and you would have a free scu after you comeback.
Thats all due to having lack of players cause nobody wants to play on a server where he is forced to buy boosters after losing a suit, or not being able to obtain anything at all withoud buying boosterpacks.
When i first joined asap i was able to obtain some good bit of cash and a suit or two within couple hours and withoud spending a single penny, i do understand that withoud our donations the community wont get far but find a way to balance the two like other servers.
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
  • Thanks received: 284
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262516

It's literally just people flying around with their 100's of suits, 100's of gluons, and 100's of items in their pockets just killing everyone. The only way to get anywhere anymore is if you are in a good gang or buy booster packs, and when you are in a gang, it's only new/er players who you can 1 tap every single time to fight against. Either because they wish not to use their items, or because they don't have many, or they just don't have any items. IMO
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, Kylie

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262520

First off, one of the main things that even brought me to the server was the simplicity of the printers, they were unique and didn't seem like one of those same printers in any other server you could find. Eventually, they came out with the GenCorp Juggernaut Suit! It was kinda goated, and I managed to rip one with a normal minigun when my base was getting raided. It was still possible to defend your base without items. I thought the suits were unique, and to me that was what kept ZARP alive, it was unique. Just with the first case to come out that had a suit in it (GenCorp) the items you could get were so new to us and felt very nice to have, like the Portable EMP and the Scan Master, two of the most used items from a case to this day.

Gluon Guns used to be a lot more rare, and you would really never see them during the times when I started playing. You would actually have to hit your shots to keep your base safe. Updates are always the same, but they sometimes give you a different way of making money, even if it isn't exactly a brand new one, which is basically the main point of the gamemode. I do think that the grind is a lot more fun than just being at the top, but that's where combat comes into play, such as suits, mini2s, gluons, all the fun items to use. One problem is, when there is too many gluons and mini2s and suits, they aren't as unique as you would expect when everyone has them, and when it is very hard to get a gluon, the price will certainly be high. I think gluons should have a different way of being made, and I think suits should feel a bit more different from each other, making their abilities actually stand out like the ACS, the Portal, and the Knight Demon. There isn't much of a good use for the Holo Suit's ability, the Jugg has a passive ability, along with the Mummy and EVO, the Nano Suit has a very good ability, but is basically insta-killed. The Hyper Suit's ability isn't used much because it isn't very useful, the suit is basically just used to get around faster as nobody uses it in combat.

Another thing that made me stay, the people and friends that I made along the way. There would always be that one extremely friendly person you could find in-game, such as Father Watson, Raeker or even sometimes Narexa. I remember playing because I couldn't find anything else to do, and ZARP would be a great place to spend time on instead of doing nothing. Drama was something that used to be fun, but eventually it was just terrible and annoying, it became a terrible environment, especially when there was a lot of young people (still is), like me.

Overall, I still feel that ZARP is good, ZARP is great. ZARP will always be something where you can meet new people and just have a conversation with someone.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by 0yc37xrk6m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dope, narexa, HoodDroid, BossComic23, BCAT and 1 more...

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262535

@Nikkoooo

I 100% stand by that and I remember the first time that you joined and now look at you joe chicken. Like don’t get me wrong, when the first update came out it was amazing and people were going crazy for suits and I still
Stand by a vanilla server with a new database and reset everyone money (for that one vanilla server) and release 1 suit if not just have explosives weapons & make it harder for gloun gun to be made.

From what I can see from people’s replies; Some say the disrespect made them leave but that comes with the server and everyone has it; Loads of other people think that the updates just got repetitive and boring then from my own opinion when you have a new item next week a deal comes out with that item in the booster pack meaning that items don’t stay rare or hard to get pretty fast.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

(Discussion) What made you leave or stay? 3 years 8 months ago #1262538

staff asking for cheats
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP