TOPIC: [minecraft] jam's demotion appeal

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343341

Name -
What is your in-game name? jam473

STEAM-ID -
What is your STEAM-ID? not relevant as its mc

Staff Members Name -
Who warned you? the lead team

Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the punishment(s)?
not paying back the people i scammed on ssrp

Server - Which server did this occur on?
minecraft

Story/Situation - What happened?
so over a month ago i was cfing with zannie for a portal when my internet disconnected leading to me being banned however i should mention that either way i couldnt pay and was relying on someone in my gang to bail me out if i lost, this led to me getting an official warning in the last mc meeting which is reasonable but i was demoted because according to xnator i had been told when i was dmed that i would be demoted if i didnt pay back the people before the end of the week when i HADNT and can show a screenshot of my dms with pie to anyone whose interested

Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your punishments(s)?
i was demoted for something i had already been punished for and hadnt been told i would be demoted if i didnt pay lol doesnt seem fair
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The topic has been locked.

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343342

Lol get rekt
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2027

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, jam

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343343

trash
  • SWORD
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 582
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343344

:minussp: scammed
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343377

Scamming is strictly prohibited all across ZARP and it's very common for users to receive a permanent ban on the server they scammed on until they are able to pay back. Any staff member who commits major rule breaks like scamming on servers they are not staff on risks getting themselves punished / demoted because of their actions - especially when large sums of in-game currency / valuable items are involved. We've decided to give you an official warning initially since you said that you'd get a friend to pay you out and we've agreed that we're gonna check back on you in the following meeting to see if you kept your promise which in itself is a very light punishment considering we could have instantly demoted you for scamming on SSRP. Even if you weren't directly told that you'd be demoted if you didn't pay back, you did tell us that you would pay the money back through a friend. You had a whole week to pay back and given the fact that you are still banned on SSRP, you clearly haven't made enough efforts to redeem yourself, hence why you've been demoted today.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1874
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, Joshua, MsRevine, xDutchCat, TheXnator and 5 more...

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343378

Scam again bro it's the only way, I was taught in maths two negatives made a positive :pray:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, MsRevine, Spicy, alit, Boxy and 6 more...

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343381

Martin wrote:
Scamming is strictly prohibited all across ZARP and it's very common for users to receive a permanent ban on the server they scammed on until they are able to pay back. Any staff member who commits major rule breaks like scamming on servers they are not staff on risks getting themselves punished / demoted because of their actions - especially when large sums of in-game currency / valuable items are involved. We've decided to give you an official warning initially since you said that you'd get a friend to pay you out and we've agreed that we're gonna check back on you in the following meeting to see if you kept your promise which in itself is a very light punishment considering we could have instantly demoted you for scamming on SSRP. Even if you weren't directly told that you'd be demoted if you didn't pay back, you did tell us that you would pay the money back through a friend. You had a whole week to pay back and given the fact that you are still banned on SSRP, you clearly haven't made enough efforts to redeem yourself, hence why you've been demoted today.
Not even the cm team are safe from jam's scamming :( Everyone should know jam has no friends
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3414

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343382

Martin wrote:
dont think thats true tbh since when i asked red he said pie had directly told me making the the story seem a lot worse on my end when it came to voting and where did i say a friend could pay it off? i mightve said it in the mc staff channel but i cant check that and dont remember saying it
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343384

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Scam again bro it's the only way, I was taught in maths two negatives made a positive :pray:
/advert cfing gmini
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343394

jam wrote:
did i say a friend could pay it off? i mightve said it in the mc staff channel but i cant check that and dont remember saying it

the person giving you the official warning was supposed to make it clear that if you did not pay the scam back then you would be demoted in the next week's meeting, as that's what we agreed upon in the meeting when voting on the official warning, however regardless of whether they told you this or not, when you get an official warning for something it is common sense to put the situation right otherwise you stand to be punished further.

source: my dms
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343398

TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
did i say a friend could pay it off? i mightve said it in the mc staff channel but i cant check that and dont remember saying it

the person giving you the official warning was supposed to make it clear that if you did not pay the scam back then you would be demoted in the next week's meeting, as that's what we agreed upon in the meeting when voting on the official warning, however regardless of whether they told you this or not, when you get an official warning for something it is common sense to put the situation right otherwise you stand to be punished further.

Idk man kinda flawed logic ngl. If they were SUPPOSED to tell him and didn't that's not on him but instead of the person that didn't alert him of it. If he hasn't been directly told to pay it back and failure to do so will get him demoted he's not exactly going to be a fortune teller and just know is he. It's jam we're taking about he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. If the staff in charge of giving the official genuinely didn't tell him about it, then you should give him like 24h to put things right otherwise deny the appeal. But it's stupid to just ASSUME that he knows he will get punished further on unrelated servers. Fix your damn communication this seems to be happening more frequently
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2027

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam, Nogtog

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343409

@smol can you bail this poor guy already
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2287

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343423

StephenS wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:

Idk man kinda flawed logic ngl. If they were SUPPOSED to tell him and didn't that's not on him but instead of the person that didn't alert him of it. If he hasn't been directly told to pay it back and failure to do so will get him demoted he's not exactly going to be a fortune teller and just know is he. It's jam we're taking about he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. If the staff in charge of giving the official genuinely didn't tell him about it, then you should give him like 24h to put things right otherwise deny the appeal. But it's stupid to just ASSUME that he knows he will get punished further on unrelated servers. Fix your damn communication this seems to be happening more frequently

I’ll be honest here, not being permanently banned on one of our services is a pretty standard requirement to have of our staff members, we do expect some degree of common sense to be used.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343426

Martin wrote:
  • Joshua
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 546

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343429

Joshua wrote:
Martin wrote:
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343431

scamming isn't right but hope you pay them back and it all gets sorted
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 334

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343433

Hiro. wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Martin wrote:
  • SWORD
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 582

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343440

Oh no what a dreadful shame, get CM banned?
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343555

I would like to apologise for not making it more clear of what happened. However, as Martin and Xnator have said, it is stated in the policies and the rules and the policies that any scammer who is staff on other Zarp servers may be subject to punishment on said servers.
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer

[minecraft] jam's demotion appeal 2 years 9 months ago #1343558

Agree with Pie, You're known with the Serverrules especially due to you being Staff on multiple servers. You should've shown more effort if you really not intend to scam someone. Or at least try to get yourself unbanned.
  • xDutchCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • xDumbCat
  • Thanks received: 538

Former
Murder Super Administrator
SSRP Super Administrator x2
Event Manager
Server Apps & Appeals Section Mod

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds