Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: False warn and slay

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035925

Name - The Light Bringer
STEAM-ID - STEAM_0:1:47127132
Staff Member's Name - Box
Punishment Reason - RDM + RNT
Server - TTT
Story/Situation - I was on top of the tower with a detective, the detective climbs down and gets killed by a T, I throw a discomb at said traitor to damage him, vivaledead somehow dies by it and reports me for random nade throw. No idea where he was and how he died, since he wasn't in tower, only the T was there. I explain in the answer to the report the situation and he doesn't forgive me. Box deals with my report by instantly giving me a slay and a warn, without asking the situation in detail in report chat or anything. In game chat I ask what is going on and he says that it is not random nade throw but still rdm, still without checking anything.
The topic has been locked.

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035926

If this was your first RDM warning then it should have been a verbal one. In any case, if you throw a nade without being a traitor there's a high chance you will RDM someone, and that is classed as a Random Nade Throwing (RNT)

Good luck buddy!
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035928

Logic dictates that something random is something done without a reason and rdm is done when you attack someone for no reason willingly. I threw a grenade not for fun, but to damage a T, not randomly at with intention to damage him.

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035931

You cannot control what a nade does. If someone else happens to be there then that is RDM.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035934

It makes no sense, how can it be rdm if I have no control on who the nade hits? if that nade is for Ts only, make it so, then. Or is it rdm even when you had no idea of where the person who died was? That would make even less sense.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by The Light Bringer.

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035935

RIP wrong section but someone should move it soon, I do accept as I said ingame RNT wasn't correct, Though you did end up killing an inno with the discomb thus this was RDM there is no requirement for me to issue a verbal, I double checked the log and it stated that you killed an inno with the grenade, I do not require to speak to you about the situation if it is clear which in this case it was.

I will speak to the handling admin as usual and then It will be up to them to decide if this is removed or not.
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Boxy.

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035938

Because you know that the discombomb can make people "fly" away. And because you throw it into an area where you have no idea/control with whose there it's up to you to then make that choice to take the risk or to leave it.

In any case, you threw it and that's up to YOU. Not the other person so it was RDM due to the fact that you had no idea who else was there and you threw it anyway with the chance that someone else could get hurt.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035940

But what happened is clearly different to RDM. It's collateral damage. Happened to me a million times, flew off from tower with discombs, burned by incend, got even shot many times in crossfire, but I have a working brain and can see the difference between a willing rdm and collateral damage.

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1035943

I'll handle this.

Could a forum staff member move this to the appeal section? That would be great.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1036165

House wrote:
I'll handle this.

Could a forum staff member move this to the appeal section? That would be great.
I'll be on TS all day
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1036173

The Light Bringer wrote:
But what happened is clearly different to RDM. It's collateral damage. Happened to me a million times, flew off from tower with discombs, burned by incend, got even shot many times in crossfire, but I have a working brain and can see the difference between a willing rdm and collateral damage.
Collateral damage or crossfire is still deemed RDM as you did not have a valid reason to cause damage to that player. If you are using grenades the risk is a lot higher than with a weapons, you know if you throw a grenade that you have no control over who it may damage once it is thrown. The logic of throwing it to kill a traitor also does not always hold up, an extreme example but if i have dna on someone in a crowded tester and throw an incendiary grenade in there yes i threw it to kill a traitor but it doesn't excuse the fact that other innocents were harmed. While harsh to punish for crossfire it is still valid.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

False warn and slay 5 years 6 months ago #1036271

:denied:

Hello The Light Bringer,

after reading through your appeal & talking to Box about the situation I have come to
the conclusion to deny your appeal.

As Kurze & Miia stated already: when you throw a nade and it harms the wrong person, even if you had the intention to not damage them in the first place, you are still at fault for their death and thus the punishment for RDM is valid.

Please be more careful in the future and thank you for making this appeal.

I hope you will enjoy playing on the server nonetheless.

See you in-game!

~ This topic may be locked now. ~
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕