TOPIC: [SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973186

Name - loxeo
STEAM-ID - STEAM_1:1:58761403
Admins Name - Clarky
Reason - Racism
Server - SSRP
Time - 1 day + 1 hour
Story - I privately messaged, out of the range of any other player, my friend the n-word. Clarky, at the time, was spectating me about a minute after a server restart. He teleported to me after, only saying "you just dropped an nbomb," to which I was confused about, him going on to not explaining why or how he saw the message and decided to punish me. Read the whole thing if you want to handle or comment on this appeal.
Proof - N/A
Extra Information - This is an extremely petty and unnecessary punishment. Even a simple talking to would have been better. The circumstances surrounding the situation should justify this, as not a single player besides the friend I was talking to in discord knew about me privately messaging him. The only reason he knew was because of spectating me, which wasn't necessary at the time because we all had spawned in from the server restart just over a minute ago. Why was I being spectated and punished? Not sure.

The primary reason racism/disrespect rules are in place is to make a safer and nicer community, which rings true as something I did not go against after privately messaging my friend, who is completely fine with the message. This is also the reason the Staff Ethos exist, to create a nicer and safer community, "The ethos is there to protect and help both users and admins." - coinciding with "Our aim as a staff team is improve the experience for the people in the community, not to interrupt them whilst they are playing when it isn’t needed." Context is utterly relevant in this racism punishment.

It goes directly against the Staff Ethos, which has relevance to my appeal on multiple other accounts than the aforementioned clauses above:
"When punishing users, you may use their previous punishments to help decide on your punishment. However, we advise that you only take the last two weeks of punishments into account as else it would be unfair to users that have tried hard to improve and change their attitude."
This is an extremely relevant and prominent clause. Being someone else, who could possibly have 3+ recents for racism alone, I should be banned for even longer. This such hypothetical player should be punished hard, for his clear lack of knowing and ability of following the rules. This isn't a player protected by the staff ethos, either (still applies).
I haven't received a racism punishment in over a.. year? I can't remember. Instead, I was banned for a day for a simple rule to understand rule by someone who is equally okay with racism, certainly not being personally offended in any way. He was completely aware that a verbal would have done fine, since I'm a long time player well-versed in the ins and outs of the rules for over 2 years, being an admin for 7 months in that timespan.
I conclude with that my recents were not taken into account, as I have been following the rules with only two mishaps which were not racism, disrespect, or chat offenses. This is a first-time offense, and especially never would have happened again were I given any level or form of punishment, with a ban being extra harsh and reinforcing the pettiness of the ban.

Given a different ground, one where other members of the server who were unwilling to see or hear this, I would have gladly taken my punishment. It isn't at all fair to other players if I'm going against the rules and damaging their playing experience unfairly, and even then - staff ethos would not protect me here (as explained prior by Tyler). My point is not trying to avoid necessary and justifiable punishment, only wanting to see the justification in this unnecessary and extremely petty punishment.

As an add-on, I strongly believe he has only teleported to me and punished me after spectating me, after just spawning in from a server restart because of a grudge he has on the ex-gang of frag angels, coming on to raid, always ending in an argument where both sides end up disrespecting eachother.

I would not like to take the whole entire short and unclear racism policy head-on, but it has been unnecessarily completely blown out of proportion by staff members who are simply robotically enforcing rules, without directly helping the server (the reason that rules and staff members exist?) - two different things. Multiple of their appeals in similar situations have also been accepted.
• "To end this post I'd also like to inform all staff and users that the ethos as it has been brought up recently in contrast to the current enforcement, is not here to protect people that display hostile or hurtful behavior"
I was never in the position of displaying hostile or hurtful behavior in the slightest.

• "We're aiming to in general be more strict on all forms of discrimination and harassment within the community in order to make for a less toxic and friendlier community."
Following the racism policy, which Clarky expressly justified this punishment with.. it doesn't even make sense - this attempt did not aim to help the community, not making it a less toxic nor friendlier place for any player included in the whole entire situation (my friend and I), and it only extracted a valuable and rule-abiding player from it.

If you've actually read to this point, and you are an admin who is comfortable with racism and would handle this appeal, do so.

I'd like to finish off with a message from a current Community Manager: "I have to say that I find going through the logs and banning people for private messages and gang chat is kind of retarded if nobody has an issue with it and I have to say I find it a little bit retarded." - a completely relevant statement.

If the outcome of this appeal is "denied, because of the [unclear] racism policy" - look deeper and actually read what I have written. I don't mind bringing it up with a higher-up if I still get this response, but I'll definitely be unbanned by then.

I do not want a member of "Oneil Industries" or Satan's gang/"I feel harassed" to handle this appeal.

Admin that is handling this, please add me on steam: click
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by loxeo.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973187

:support:
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 676

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973188

• Ballistic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 8

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973190

Stay banned
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

• Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 183
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Raeker.

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973196

Ill handle unless someone can get in touch with clarky before i can
  • A Sloth
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • “I am proud of you Sloth” -Chummy
  • Thanks received: 235

#Raeker4CO

“so I'll just say what Chummy would say: I'm proud of you bud” -Raeker 2k17

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973203

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1926

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973275

I didn’t even know it was possible for staff to read your private messages, I’ve always been told there was literally no way, must be different on SSRP?

Anyway, no need to punish you for this, and I’m presuming it was an instant ban.
:plussp:
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973295

A Sloth wrote:
Ill handle unless someone can get in touch with clarky before i can
You should seriously let me handle this, I'll msg you on steam to tell you why.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973299

Retardation lvl 600 :deeznuts:

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973340

Unban this man :plussp:
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Raeker.

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973355

lol
  • Jason.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 흑인 소년
  • Thanks received: 250

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973365

That's just petty
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973368

You broke a rule and received a punishment, that's that, no matter what "context" it was in or because it was a "private message".
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 632

[SSRP] Loxeo - Ban Appeal 5 years 9 months ago #973388

Thank you for making an appeal. We, as staff members on this server, strive for the best for everyone; both users and ourselves. We do often find ourselves in peculiar situations like this one, where one must act with confidence and make sure everyone's getting treated correctly and fairly. I'd like to say this punishment isn't false by any means, and the ethos does not cover racism. Anything that breaks TOU is more or less not covered by the ethos; the ethos is there to serve as a guideline to protect users and staff members alike, and I'd like to say that breaking the terms of service of ZARP is not something that's covered by it.
I'd like to address the ban and the situation more specifically. For starters, I'd like to say that making racist remarks using any ZARP Service is not tolerated by any extent. Moreover, using the private messaging feature of our SSRP server, in a world with absolute values, it would not excuse you from these actions. However, since we don't live in that hypothetical world and it would be hypocritical to say we do, I'd like to say it's rather obvious you did use PMs to NOT offend anyone, which is something that's totally okay in my books, as long as you're not doing anything too extreme. I'd also like to point out that the reasoning for Clarky's ban was not only the racism part, but also the recents and recent ban of yours as well as poor attitude towards him; however, I find you getting banned for racism in this instance something that crosses the line for privacy issues. I'd like to finish this off by saying that you're getting unbanned, but you'll be facing harsher punishments in the recent future (from Clarky, at the very least) since your attitude has been relatively poor.
Consider this;
#Accepted
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

186 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1