Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895734

My Username is Nigel Brando,
My STEAM-ID is :http://steamcommunity.com/id/CentralOfficerBradfordd/
The Admin who banned me was called Chienman
I was banned for "Loophole racism" because my name is Nigel
I was banned from ZARPGAMING's TTT 24/7 Minecraft
I was banned for 24 hours
The Story: My name is Nigel, and I got asked to change my username for it being Nigel Brando, this is a username I've used for a while, as Brando is honouring my dead friend Brandon. He died from a brain haemorrhage a month ago. However the admin "chienman" kept pestering me to change my name, as it was "racist". I asked him why and how? And explained that my name was actually Nigel, and that it was stupid to tell me to change it, and I was banned for a day. I think this is quite discriminatory as it is my actual name. That's like telling me that my entire existence is reduced to being "loophole racism" especially when his name is almost "chinaman" which is much more racist than me having my ACTUAL name as a username. I'm fairly left wing myself and I can't see why he thinks my name is offensive. Plus, rather than understanding my reasons and letting me off, over something so minor he banned me for 24 hours, purely because 2 other people on the server had the name "Nigel" included in their usernames. I don't know these users, and I wouldn't care to, however I don't think that is a valid reason to ban me, or even a kick.
I don't have any screenshots of the situation purely because I wasn't expecting something so trivial to be blown to such proportions, and didn't bother to screenshot the messages.

I'd appreciate a response as to why my name is unacceptable, and if you give me an actual valid reason I might change it. But I don't see why I should, considering names including topics such as Schizophrenia are allowed, but Nigel isn't.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895735

Handling
  • Seargent44
  • Seargent44's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • F*@K
  • Posts: 896
  • Thanks received: 256
  • Karma: 5
TTT Super Administrator
JailBreak Super Administrator



#Seargent4TTTOwner2K18



The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895739

Seargent44 wrote:
Handling

I will repost this here, so you can have a little backstory to help you handle :

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


I'm online at the moment if you need to question me.
  • Chienman
  • Chienman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • TTT HA - At your service
  • Posts: 917
  • Thanks received: 665
  • Karma: 12
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Chienman. Reason: I fucked up my spoiler thingy. Sorry everyone.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895742

Nigel Brando wrote:
especially when his name is almost "chinaman" which is much more racist than me having my ACTUAL name as a username.
"Chien" means "dog" in French. Even if his name was "Chinaman" it'd still not be an issue, similarily like how we allow people with the name "Black person" on the server. Acknowledging the existence of a race is not the same as loopholing derogatory slurs.
I'm fairly left wing myself and I can't see why he thinks my name is offensive.
And this matters... how, exactly? Your political prefference really has nothing to do with being offensive or not. I know left-winged people that use racial slurs all the time and I know right-winged people that refuse to use them altogether.
Plus, rather than understanding my reasons and letting me off, over something so minor he banned me for 24 hours, purely because 2 other people on the server had the name "Nigel" included in their usernames. I don't know these users, and I wouldn't care to, however I don't think that is a valid reason to ban me, or even a kick.
This is because the policies allow and require us to ban users that are racist and discriminatory against other users. This has nothing to do with the other people on the server that used a similar name.

According to Chienman you originally had "Neggo" instead of "Nigel", which really makes me doubt your story. You were given plenty of chances to change your name and you refused - that is your problem, not ours.

I'd appreciate a response as to why my name is unacceptable, and if you give me an actual valid reason I might change it. But I don't see why I should, considering names including topics such as Schizophrenia are allowed, but Nigel isn't.
I refuse to believe that "Nigel" is your name when you originally went by the name of "Neggo". Also, why would Schizophrenia not be allowed? Nigel is extremely close sounding to a racial slur. This does not mean we do not allow users to carry the name if they so wish, however if you are purely doing it to spite the staff team and this community's policies (like how you originally went by the name of "neggo", which clearly shows that you are just taking the piss) then we will take appropriate action.
  • Raeker
  • Raeker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • I heard cats are no longer cool
  • Posts: 8718
  • Thanks received: 5740
  • Karma: 141
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Raeker.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Aek177, Chienman

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895748

:p well you sorta yeah went from Neggo to Nigel..
  • Box_
  • Box_'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ex-Poor
  • Posts: 1788
  • Thanks received: 444
  • Karma: 7

SSRP Admin
TTT Admin
Ex-Deathrun Admin
Ex-Bhop mod
Ex-Surf mod
Ex-Murder mod
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Box_.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895752



To add some back up to my claims ...

By the way, is your name still what you're saying right now ? N**** ? Or Owen Clarke ?
That's confusing :)
  • Chienman
  • Chienman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • TTT HA - At your service
  • Posts: 917
  • Thanks received: 665
  • Karma: 12
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895754

I don't care when Chien means in French, because at the end of the day, it's not racism, I was using that as an example to show how stupid my ban was, and I'd changed my name back from Neggo to Nigel, because I have a friend who uses the username "Geggo Leng" on discord, and I was joking about impersonating him by changing my name to Neggo, however, I only have a 3 days a week at my mums house, where my PC is, so I hadn't had the opportunity to switch it until I joined the server and realised my name was still Neggo, and if you have a look I think you will see that I was the first person to have anything even related to "Nigel" in my username.
And Of course I refused to change my username, because why should I? Of course you're going to believe your little friend more than me because he allegedly has the right to decide who's names are racist, even though Nigel is an extremely common name in the UK, but sure. You can call me out for what I was named at birth. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE had complained to me about my name before, except this server. So it clearly isn't offensive. No one on the server itself had complained, except this admin. But it's okay, just tell me to change my damn name to protect people who don't exist, because that has zero chance of offending me, or anything.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895755

I'd forgot to address the sarcastic question about my name on steam, Owen is the name of the friend who uses "Geggo Leng" so again, that was part of the stunt where I was playing around with changing my profile to impersonate him, so it's not really a valid point, hope that helps : )
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895758

Nigel Brando wrote:
I don't care when Chien means in French, because at the end of the day, it's not racism, I was using that as an example to show how stupid my ban was, and I'd changed my name back from Neggo to Nigel, because I have a friend who uses the username "Geggo Leng" on discord, and I was joking about impersonating him by changing my name to Neggo, however, I only have a 3 days a week at my mums house, where my PC is, so I hadn't had the opportunity to switch it until I joined the server and realised my name was still Neggo, and if you have a look I think you will see that I was the first person to have anything even related to "Nigel" in my username.
And Of course I refused to change my username, because why should I? Of course you're going to believe your little friend more than me because he allegedly has the right to decide who's names are racist, even though Nigel is an extremely common name in the UK, but sure. You can call me out for what I was named at birth. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE had complained to me about my name before, except this server. So it clearly isn't offensive. No one on the server itself had complained, except this admin. But it's okay, just tell me to change my damn name to protect people who don't exist, because that has zero chance of offending me, or anything.

Right so first off stop trying to call Raeker out for being Bias. What he is infact doing is trying to understand your point of view here and with this post alone it just shows how immature you are.

Also if you have read the rules they clearly state that the staff member's word is final so in this situation no matter what (within reason) you should have followed what Chienman was telling you and listened to him.

Last of all just because other communities haven't had a problem with your name doesn't mean we cannot have a problem with it, recently as stated by Raeker a policy has been published about cracking down on ANY and ALL discriminatory terms. You having your name as "Neggo" then changing it to "Nigel" makes it look quite blatantly as if you are trying to get away with a slightly different name that could also be classed as a loophole under this circumstance.

Also us asking to change your name and you saying the people don't exist. What are you on about? Other races quite clearly exist so this just looks like you are being really misleading here.

So in my opinion this ban should definitely not be lifted if you are going to act this immature and be like this on your own appeal, on an appeal you should be at least slightly apologetic of which you quite clearly aren't.
  • Aek177
  • Aek177's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Global Moderator
  • ★TTT Server Owner★Deathrun + TS3 HA★PH Admin★
  • Posts: 2095
  • Thanks received: 671
  • Karma: 18
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Raeker, Chienman

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895761

What is really saddening me right now, after the good laugh your last posts gave me, is that I would have bene alright with you if you truly changed your name after my multiple warnings ...

Punishing does not make me feel pride or joy you know. I just want to make this server enjoyable for everyone.

And creating even more pathetic lies instead of recognizing what you did ... Well, that is not getting you anywhere.

That kind of behavior is making me regret how patient I am with rulebreakers at times.
  • Chienman
  • Chienman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • TTT HA - At your service
  • Posts: 917
  • Thanks received: 665
  • Karma: 12
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Chienman.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Aek177, Raeker

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895762

▓▓▓▓ Why is Nigel seen as loophole anyway?
▒▒▒▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓
▒▓░░░░▓░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓
▓░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓
▒▓░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
  • Box_
  • Box_'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ex-Poor
  • Posts: 1788
  • Thanks received: 444
  • Karma: 7

SSRP Admin
TTT Admin
Ex-Deathrun Admin
Ex-Bhop mod
Ex-Surf mod
Ex-Murder mod
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895766

Box0 wrote:
▓▓▓▓ Why is Nigel seen as loophole anyway?
▒▒▒▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓
▒▓░░░░▓░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓
▓░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓
▒▓░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓

The name itself is not a loophole, if someone came to the server with the name Nigel i would not punish them for it as it is a common name. However if after being asked to change their name after it was something racist and they changed it to Nigel then it would be loopholing, as they have changed it to a word similar to the one they were told not to use in an attempt to get around the rule.
  • Miia
  • Miia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Posts: 758
  • Thanks received: 454
  • Karma: 1
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Miia.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Aek177, Raeker, Chienman

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895770

Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
▓▓▓▓ Why is Nigel seen as loophole anyway?
▒▒▒▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓
▒▓░░░░▓░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓
▓░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓
▒▓░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓

The name itself is not a loophole, if someone came to the server with the name Nigel i would not punish them for it as it is a common name. However if after being asked to change their name after it was something racist and they changed it to Nigel then it would be loopholing, as they have changed it to a word similar to the one they were told not to use in an attempt to get around the rule.
Just said this on Teamspeak, too. Users with just the name "Nigel" and nothing else I can fully understand and don't have an issue with, but if you're changing your name from one loophole to another name that could be considered loopholing then you're just taking the piss.

Also, Brando, I do not believe you changed your name for a joke with a friend. You can clearly see in your name history that you changed your name to "Neggo" before. I don't see how a joke like that could be funny multiple times.
  • Raeker
  • Raeker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • I heard cats are no longer cool
  • Posts: 8718
  • Thanks received: 5740
  • Karma: 141
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895776

Neither Neggo or fucking Nigel is racist ahahah what the fuck is wrong with you people, grow the fuck up

Chienman wrote:


To add some back up to my claims ...

By the way, is your name still what you're saying right now ? N**** ? Or Owen Clarke ?
That's confusing :)

Image for ants, nice job.
  • Nafe
  • Nafe's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Posts: 11845
  • Thanks received: 4376
  • Karma: -360

Ex. Jailbreak Administrator


21:54:49 - "! ! sorle" pokes you: if you were gonna get accepted you would've been accepted too probs

Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Nafe.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895779

Nafe wrote:
Neither Neggo or fucking Nigel is racist ahahah what the fuck is wrong with you people, grow the fuck up

Chienman wrote:


To add some back up to my claims ...

By the way, is your name still what you're saying right now ? N**** ? Or Owen Clarke ?
That's confusing :)

Image for ants, nice job.

Yeah I fucked up ... but I merely took a screenshot from his steam profil to show I was not lying at all.

But sheesh, ants will appreciate that I did not forget about them.
  • Chienman
  • Chienman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • TTT HA - At your service
  • Posts: 917
  • Thanks received: 665
  • Karma: 12
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 1 week ago #895782

Chienman wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Neither Neggo or fucking Nigel is racist ahahah what the fuck is wrong with you people, grow the fuck up

Chienman wrote:


To add some back up to my claims ...

By the way, is your name still what you're saying right now ? N**** ? Or Owen Clarke ?
That's confusing :)

Image for ants, nice job.

Yeah I fucked up ... but I merely took a screenshot from his steam profil to show I was not lying at all.

But sheesh, ants will appreciate that I did not forget about them.

Can you include people named Nigel in the community too please?
  • Nafe
  • Nafe's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Posts: 11845
  • Thanks received: 4376
  • Karma: -360

Ex. Jailbreak Administrator


21:54:49 - "! ! sorle" pokes you: if you were gonna get accepted you would've been accepted too probs

The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 6 days ago #896216

I believe your ban has expired now. Sorry that this couldn't be handled in time. If you still feel like this was unfairly handled, you can always make a report - although I can tell you right now that that report would probably be denied.
  • Raeker
  • Raeker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • I heard cats are no longer cool
  • Posts: 8718
  • Thanks received: 5740
  • Karma: 141
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 6 days ago #896249

This can be locked now, the user's ban should of already expired.
  • Bezzy
  • Bezzy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • TTT Server Owner
  • Posts: 532
  • Thanks received: 372
  • Karma: 17
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Nigel Brando's Ban Appeal 3 months 6 days ago #896305

Sorry i was at a school event the entire day got home after 12hrs+ but yes this is
#Denied
because no evidence to back up your story
  • Seargent44
  • Seargent44's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • F*@K
  • Posts: 896
  • Thanks received: 256
  • Karma: 5
TTT Super Administrator
JailBreak Super Administrator



#Seargent4TTTOwner2K18



The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Box_
Moderators: Latram, Luki_Guki
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds

69 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 2
10/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 3
9/90
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
8/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
4/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
8/50
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Prop Hunt
0/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Jailbreak
0/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TeamSpeak
15/128
online
Top