Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195545

Name - What is your in-game name? TT
STEAM-ID - What is your STEAM-ID? STEAM_0:1:150828769
Staff Members Name - Who warned you? Alchemist
Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the punishment(s)? Prop abuse / Prop shielding
Server - Which server did this occur on? TTT Minecraft 24/7
Story/Situation - What happened? I was ontop of a tree with a minecart next to me, and because i crouched behind it , he warned me for prop shielding. In the spot you cant crouch where the other minecart is. you can see me from all angles when i was there.
Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your punishments(s)?
  • TeeTee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 6
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195546

I'm handling it
  • God dammit Ross
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Imagine taunting
  • Thanks received: 961
Former Ranks
TTT Server Owner
Prop Hunt Head Admin
Surf Super Admin
Global Moderator
TS/Discord Head Admin
Murder Admin
Bhop Admin
TF2 Admin
SSRP Admin
Sandbox Admin

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195549

first off, u had more than ONE cart up there, and u placed them so it shielded u from multiple ways making u only targettable from one or 2 directions. u even said in the report i made on u, that u was creating a bunker to hide in.
  • alkemisten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT Adminstrator
  • Thanks received: 13

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195553

TeeTee wrote:
Name - What is your in-game name? TT
STEAM-ID - What is your STEAM-ID? STEAM_0:1:150828769
Staff Members Name - Who warned you? Alchemist
Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the punishment(s)? Prop abuse / Prop shielding
Server - Which server did this occur on? TTT Minecraft 24/7
Story/Situation - What happened? I was ontop of a tree with a minecart next to me, and because i crouched behind it , he warned me for prop shielding. In the spot you cant crouch where the other minecart is. you can see me from all angles when i was there.
Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your punishments(s)?
yo i dont want to sound like a douchebag but no video evidence, no appeal . Since there are no logs for prop handling or killing for some reason. Anyways goodLuck .
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195556

Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself, push players away, kill players, to climb or fly with them etc.) [The poltergeist traitor weapon or other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]
Let me highlight this part to you: grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself. I don't know about you, but hiding behind a prop seems suspiciously like prop shielding to me...
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195562

I dont have any evidence of it but i didnt have my magneto out, i had my contender which i was looking at alchemist. he shot the minecart that i was crouched behind and u could see me from lots of places. All of t tester and near could see me and near nether portal too. If u need the screenshot of where i was i have it but i cant put it in as it says exceeds the limit. And if crouching behind a minecart is prop shielding then there shouldnt be minecarts in the game as anyone can crouch behind a minecart and they wouldnt be warned.
  • TeeTee
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by TeeTee.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195563

Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself, push players away, kill players, to climb or fly with them etc.) [The poltergeist traitor weapon or other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]
Let me highlight this part to you: grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself. I don't know about you, but hiding behind a prop seems suspiciously like prop shielding to me...
Im pretty sure the rule was meant to mean specifically grabbing a minecart and waving it around wildly infront of yourself to block shots, causing potential harm to others as you swing a minecart around wildly. Sounds very fun police to start punishing people for building minecart forts.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195564

Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
Im pretty sure the rule was meant to mean specifically grabbing a minecart and waving it around wildly infront of yourself to block shots, causing potential harm to others as you swing a minecart around wildly. Sounds very fun police to start punishing people for building minecart forts.
Forgot I was part of the police force, my mistake :lol:
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
Ex-TTT Administrator x3

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195565

Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
Is building a minecart fort really so bad that we need to punish people for it? What you gonna do next ban me for using the very bad exploit of standing behind a tree so people at the tower cant snipe me?
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Miia.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195567

Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
Is building a minecart fort really so bad that we need to punish people for it? What you gonna do next ban me for using the very bad exploit of standing behind a tree so people at the tower cant snipe me?
I never said a punishment was needed but it's valid, a verbal warning could have been enough and we could have gone from there, if he had already been verballed then I don't see why the punishment should be removed since he'd already been warned not to do it and did it again anyway
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
Ex-TTT Administrator x3

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195568

Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse
I never said a punishment was needed but it's valid, a verbal warning could have been enough and we could have gone from there, if he had already been verballed then I don't see why the punishment should be removed since he'd already been warned not to do it and did it again anyway
My point was more why does anyone think its necessary to punish people for building a fucking minecart fort in the first place but ok.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195569

Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse

so placing 2-3 minecarts around u on top of a tree and hiding in it so people cant shoot u is ok? and in a rep saying im building a bunker to protect myself from shots, when he could've ran into the cave instead.

edit - and top of that after the warn he said a bunch of word that can be disciminating.
  • alkemisten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT Adminstrator
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by alkemisten.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195571

alkemisten wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse

so placing 2-3 minecarts around u on top of a tree and hiding in it so people cant shoot u is ok? and in a rep saying im building a bunker to protect myself from shots, when he could've ran into the cave instead
Oh wow what an insane rulebreak better ban this guy straight away. However will the traitors be able to kill him hes fucking invincible guess we gonna wait for the round to time out.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadowsquatta, Buffy, Gin

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195573

Miia wrote:
alkemisten wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse

so placing 2-3 minecarts around u on top of a tree and hiding in it so people cant shoot u is ok? and in a rep saying im building a bunker to protect myself from shots, when he could've ran into the cave instead
Oh wow what an insane rulebreak better ban this guy straight away. However will the traitors be able to kill him hes fucking invincible guess we gonna wait for the round to time out.
who the fuck is talking about a ban?
  • alkemisten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT Adminstrator

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195574

reading all this gives me brain problems but who actually cares about prop shielding lmao, support from me :support:
  • shadowsquatta
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • this is great awesome
  • Thanks received: 743
this is my steam btw (by theway)
i was old ttt super admin and murder super admin :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195575

alkemisten wrote:
Miia wrote:
alkemisten wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Miia wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Taken from the rules:
1.7a Prop Abuse

who the fuck is talking about a ban?
My apologies what i said was supposed to be a joke aimed at how you actually tried to make building a fucking minecart fort seem like a massive rulebreak.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195576

I had a minecart in the tree hole which u cant crouch behind and 1 other next to me that u can see me still from everywhere

edit: 1 of the minecarts is already on the tree so i only had 1 that was there. nice 2-3 minecarts m8
edit 2: i wasnt verbally warned what so ever
  • TeeTee
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by TeeTee.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195581

Over-ridden Outcome [ Click to expand ]
  • God dammit Ross
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Imagine taunting
  • Thanks received: 961
Former Ranks
TTT Server Owner
Prop Hunt Head Admin
Surf Super Admin
Global Moderator
TS/Discord Head Admin
Murder Admin
Bhop Admin
TF2 Admin
SSRP Admin
Sandbox Admin
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Sally.

[TTT] TeeTee's Punishment Appeal 4 years 2 months ago #1195606

After reviewing this report, I have decided to overrule this verdict for a number of reasons.
Firstly, the part of the prop abuse rule which states "No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself)", is, in my understanding, speaking about using a prop to shield yourself while being actively shot at. The fact of the matter is he just created a little prop fort for fun, and could still be shot at from multiple angles. I see no one saying he was picking it up and using it to block shots, rather it was just shot at and he was behind it.
Secondly, to be punished for this without a verbal first is rather harsh. If you are a staff member who views this as prop abuse, for whatever reason, you should certainly give a verbal first before going straight to a punishment.
Lastly, I personally see no issue with the prop forts people build. They are just having fun and not really harming anyone, it is very easy to just move/destroy one of them and kill the person inside. However, these forts become an issue if you are trying to kill people with the props around you, or if one gets moved so you use another to block shots actively coming at you.
I have no idea how your attitude was after getting punished, but you shouldn't be rude or disrespectful to others, even if you disagree with a warning. Next time just remain calm and take it immediately to the forums without causing a scene.
Due to all of this, I have decided to accept this appeal. Your punishment will be removed
#Accepted
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Jim_Jam, Miia, TheFierceOwl, shadowsquatta and 3 more...
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

275 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
2/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
4/32