Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Finish?

Yes 14 73.7%
No 5 26.3%
Total number of voters: 19 ( catboy sven ツ, bunnyslippers69, Kent Clak, Muha, Raeker ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Opinion on idea

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643073

Ok, so for a while I have had an idea when it comes to hud systems, I like the ability to customize huds, which is why I had made the current system on surf, to allow users to customize/personalize the huds a little, however that was not my end goal

My end goal is to make a fully customizable hud with Drag n Drop features, allowing full control of how the hud looks and which elements.

Current basic Methods(Colour Mixer is also added currently. but not in following images)

Them screenshots show the first part of what i had done, currently i have a few more things added to it(
Adding Boxes
Coloring Objects
No limit to "Background, Border, etc)

So, what i want is you guys to state your opinions, and if worth finishing of the project
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580
Login or register to post a reply.

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643077

Yes/No, yes in a way that will be really cool no in a way because many people might not use it but it's up to you.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5653
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643078

Onion wrote:
Yes/No, yes in a way that will be really cool no in a way because many people might not use it but it's up to you.

Not everyone uses the current features with in surf atm tbh.

The mysterybox, Objectives, the current hud system.

It's a fun project, as it is a bit of a challenge due to storing the data for the stuff easily, trying to figure out the best way to do so atm
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643216

I know I would use such feature as I use all the others, also adds a uniqueness to the server.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643348

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Onion wrote:

It's a fun project, as it is a bit of a challenge due to storing the data for the stuff easily, trying to figure out the best way to do so atm

If you feel like people won't be using it wouldn't it just be wasting a lot of your time?
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643367

Onion wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Onion wrote:

If you feel like people won't be using it wouldn't it just be wasting a lot of your time?

i think its a good idea nevertheless (despite not everyone using it)...but if it takes much more time then i wouldn't really advise you to do it
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643391

hamad711 wrote:
Onion wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Onion wrote:

i think its a good idea nevertheless (despite not everyone using it)...but if it takes much more time then i wouldn't really advise you to do it

Wouldn't say it has taken much time currently to get most of the core features down, about 3-4 hours on it currently and probs around 20 total hours to fully complete(Bearing in mind surf summer update took around 30-40 hours total lol)
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
The following user(s) said Thank You: hamad711

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643474

I think that although many people may not use this feature it will be very unique and for our server only. Yes some may say its a "waste of time" but take into consideration that he currently doesn't go to collage and as of right now he will have time to do it. I think i would definitely use this feature as right now it limited to the abilities to customise and i think this would be a good next step for surf and the players on it.
:plussp:
  • Raifster123
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 612
Ex - SSRP Super Admin
Ex - SURF Super Admin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Ex - SSRP Section Moderator
Ex - Server Applications Section Moderator
Ex - Prophunt Administrator

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643477

Onion wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Onion wrote:

We'll never know if people may or may not use it, who knows? Give it a shot anon, as long as you have the time to do something like this then go for it, it'll make the server even more unique than what it is.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643507

Clarky wrote:
Onion wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Onion wrote:

We'll never know if people may or may not use it, who knows? Give it a shot anon, as long as you have the time to do something like this then go for it, it'll make the server even more unique than what it is.

hahaha, I have no college and don't leave the house, so I have plenty of time xD
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643539

I feel like a fully developed version of this that people would enjoy would take a while to make as it would need to both look good, be very customizable and easy to use. If you were to make a fully working version of this thought I feel like people would enjoy it as this is a feature that is featured in several games.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1430
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643565

Although not everyone might use it it seems extremely useful and friendly to the users that do - I'l probably make use of this, too.

So yeah, in my opinion you should go for it!
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #643950

Thanks for the feed back guys,

I'm gonna be finishing this project to a finalized staged.

Currently I have a fully working version, with abillity to create the Boxes, and add Current Time Object, which elements are re-sizable and colourable.
at this stage, I'm gonna start re-coding the whole system, for ease of use for both server side and client side.
With server side having all Elements that can be used, put it Categories, and their own folder for the element to be created from.
the server will also have a folder containing all tools for ease of expansion.

Client side, will of course have a better designed menu, with the menu containing, Tools + Elements, being tabbed, and each part put in Categories.

what i'll probs do is make some concept art,(multiple) showing different menu styles for the Hud Editor.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Opinion on idea 6 years 8 months ago #644027

About 50% would enjoy this (the creative thinkers). The other half would maybe do something simple but not bother putting effort into making something fancy.

I however think it's should be very easy and simple (excluding the advanced features as much as possible) to make sure people don't ignore this cool idea.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

230 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32