Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question about the chat filter

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886614

Does the chat filter protect people from the consequences of the new zero tolerance rule? So if they say the word and it gets censored, can they still be warned/banned (depending on the staff member) or does the fact that it was censored and put onto their rapsheet mean they avoid the ban? It doesn't seem fair that if someone says a word that hasn't been added to the blacklist can be banned immediately but if they say a word and it gets censored, then they get nothing but a single recent. Just wondering how to punish people when something they say gets censored, and if the punishment is different than if it wasn't to be censored.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Login or register to post a reply.

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886615

It was an announced change that wasn't prepared properly, I think it needs to be reworked
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886619

Nick0GR wrote:
It was an announced change that wasn't prepared properly, I think it needs to be reworked
Yeah I agree, maybe it would be better just to not have a filter and stick to punishing users manually. Where was it announced by the way?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886623

.Eddie wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Yeah I agree, maybe it would be better just to not have a filter and stick to punishing users manually. Where was it announced by the way?
sorry meant to type unannounced, no one knew about until someone got punished by it
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886632

This is something that need's to be brought up in the LT meeting this week, as this need's to be properly clarified to the rest of the staff team.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886635

Bezzy wrote:
This is something that need's to be brought up in the LT meeting this week, as this need's to be properly clarified to the rest of the staff team.
Agreed
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886646

Good question I would say you continue to issue punishment as you see fit, as the system is mainly there to give newer players a chance to understand what they definitely avoid saying on the server. As well as to prevent such things being spammed. I would think of a censor as a warning. If the player has enough of them in a small amount of time they will be auto kicked/banned to prevent spam. But its all situational depending on what you think is the best way to handle it given who the player in question is. Also why on earth would you want to have to do it manually? This system works 24/7 even if there are no staff members online.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886650

EMP wrote:
Good question I would say you continue to issue punishment as you see fit, as the system is mainly there to give newer players a chance to understand what they definitely avoid saying on the server. As well as to prevent such things being spammed. I would think of a censor as a warning. If the player has enough of them in a small amount of time they will be auto kicked/banned to prevent spam. But its all situational depending on what you think is the best way to handle it given who the player in question is. Also why on earth would you want to have to do it manually? This system works 24/7 even if there are no staff members online.
Can the words be edited as well? Why are you going to censor the word "Nazi" but not "Hitler"? So you don't like mentioning a particular political group but its leader is just fine? Also a lot of context-based words like "trap" need to be addressed properly.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886651

EMP wrote:
I would like to do it manually so that a proper punishment can be decided on and given
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886657

Nick0GR wrote:
EMP wrote:
Can the words be edited as well? Why are you going to censor the word "Nazi" but not "Hitler"? So you don't like mentioning a particular political group but its leader is just fine? Also a lot of context-based words like "trap" need to be addressed properly.
Yea I only added those 3 as just the very basic you guys can suggest more to be added.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick0GR

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886695

Nick0GR wrote:
EMP wrote:
The day I get told saying trap is punishable is the day I resign. Its like you people are just looking to be offended over every single word.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrConor

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886699

Miia wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
EMP wrote:
The day I get told saying trap is punishable is the day I resign. Its like you people are just looking to be offended over every single word.
Oh, I'm not saying the word trap is or should be punishable, you should take that up to Xnator who is the one that "enlightened" me by saying that it's transphobic.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

Question about the chat filter 6 years 2 weeks ago #886779

I have a warn for kicking someone with the n word in their name, I think it needs to be reworked
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

304 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun