Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838180

_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

What Svanz is complaining about is something that we, unfortunately, have no control over. Since TTT has no Server Owner currently, the only people with any control over it are the Community Team, which means that we can't do anything in regards to suggestions, unless they are rule changes.
It is unfortunate that you feel the need to resign over anything which is caused by higher ups, you did a great job as an admin and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do next.

TTT like SSRP is under community team control. As for these issues I really don’t know what you mean I know you have complained about the anticheat system which I am going to change later but you guys will notice that you won’t find many more hackers as you did previously.
Proof that the team responsible for updating the server and adding content has barely a clue what's going on beneath their feet. People have asked for a lot of things, whether it has been under a suggestion template or not, it hardly matters as it's a popular opinion. For instance, a map change would be nice, EVEN having like 2 maps changed for 30 minutes every 7 days would still be refreshing rather than playing on the same map on and on and on and on and on. For the people who spend a lot of time ingame, it doesn't feel like playing on a server to have fun, it feels like a chore.
I noticed one of the greatest arguments regarding Minecraft 24/7 is that we get dem players. And if we can fill our slots almost every day, then nothing else matters, the server is perfect. To be frank, players may come for this map, but the ones that stay do so because of the community. A community which, as seen with the previous resignations, is losing its interest and is slowly fading away. Server 2 died so there's no chance of us getting anything different because the player count will go down. Or will it?
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The anticheat wasn't just a problem in itself, it was a symbol of how nobody gives a damn about this server and its players, making up excuses and being in denial. When Dodo first made his thread he was being told that the anticheat works fine and it's not a problem, until Xnator let us know that TTT is running an outdated one. We want to see something refreshing, not just new player models. New equipment if anything for T's/D's, different maps if that's ever going to be a thing and so forth.

TL;DR Svanzscape didn't resign because of the anticheat, Svanzscape resigned because whenever he wanted something new, he was pointed to the suggestion section where he'd be given the generic 'it's not going to work' response.
  • Vakarian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Yea boi
  • Thanks received: 75
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Vakarian.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, DrConor

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838185

Vakarian wrote:
_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

What Svanz is complaining about is something that we, unfortunately, have no control over. Since TTT has no Server Owner currently, the only people with any control over it are the Community Team, which means that we can't do anything in regards to suggestions, unless they are rule changes.
It is unfortunate that you feel the need to resign over anything which is caused by higher ups, you did a great job as an admin and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do next.

TTT like SSRP is under community team control. As for these issues I really don’t know what you mean I know you have complained about the anticheat system which I am going to change later but you guys will notice that you won’t find many more hackers as you did previously.
Proof that the team responsible for updating the server and adding content has barely a clue what's going on beneath their feet. People have asked for a lot of things, whether it has been under a suggestion template or not, it hardly matters as it's a popular opinion. For instance, a map change would be nice, EVEN having like 2 maps changed for 30 minutes every 7 days would still be refreshing rather than playing on the same map on and on and on and on and on. For the people who spend a lot of time ingame, it doesn't feel like playing on a server to have fun, it feels like a chore.
I noticed one of the greatest arguments regarding Minecraft 24/7 is that we get dem players. And if we can fill our slots almost every day, then nothing else matters, the server is perfect. To be frank, players may come for this map, but the ones that stay do so because of the community. A community which, as seen with the previous resignations, is losing its interest and is slowly fading away. Server 2 died so there's no chance of us getting anything different because the player count will go down. Or will it?

The anticheat wasn't just a problem in itself, it was a symbol of how nobody gives a damn about this server and its players, making up excuses and being in denial. When Dodo first made his thread he was being told that the anticheat works fine and it's not a problem, until Xnator let us know that TTT is running an outdated one. We want to see something refreshing, not just new player models. New equipment if anything for T's/D's, different maps if that's ever going to be a thing and so forth.

TL;DR Svanzscape didn't resign because of the anticheat, Svanzscape resigned because whenever he wanted something new, he was pointed to the suggestion section where he'd be given the generic 'it's not going to work' response.

Literally couldn't have said it better

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838187

_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

whats the point of an anticheat if there is no staff to use it?
and what about the other bugs like the incorrect xp values that i have been pushing out?
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838188

Sad to see you go tho
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
Ex-SSRP Moderator

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838190

Vakarian wrote:
_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

true i agree i even suggested just changing time/having dynamic time on the server so the environment changes each round
nothing is seemed to be checked
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
Ex-SSRP Moderator

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838205

Thanks for all your work Svanzscape!
I agree whit what you are saying, TTT gets boring, it isn't so much fun.
I play Murder because I find it very fun and new things get added often, so it is not that easy to get bored of it.
I like the TTT gamemode however I do not enjoy ZARP TTT 24/7 Minecraft map because it is to repetitive, I hope that one that Server 2 will be added and hopefully with more things that might attract players.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838220

I'd like to say I left for a similar reason but realistically I left so I could play more perp

I don't have a main game now so I'm going to come back and get owner in 1 week and make a server two and fund it on my own
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by SorIe.

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838305

Goodbye Svanscape and thank you for all your work gonna miss you <3. I get why you are leaving tho, playing on a server that never changes can get really boring even i can't play as much as i did cus of how boring it gets.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838319

Vakarian wrote:
_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Your spoiler contradicts itself,

it seems like you forgot to mention those non 24/7 minecraft servers are a lower GT rank than us, and why?

Because they're not 24/7 Minecraft.

Their playercounts are much fewer than the 24/7 Minecraft servers.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838339

CrankyBot wrote:
Vakarian wrote:
_Max wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Your spoiler contradicts itself,

it seems like you forgot to mention those non 24/7 minecraft servers are a lower GT rank than us, and why?

Because they're not 24/7 Minecraft.

Their playercounts are much fewer than the 24/7 Minecraft servers.
Fuck the GT rank, it's just 20-30 spots. What's the point? Read the replies of your fellow staff including Miia's, who's spent more time ingame than the majority of us.
playing on a server that never changes can get really boring even i can't play as much as i did cus of how boring it gets.
The point I was trying to get across wasn't that they're doing better than us (even then they're, what, 20-30 ranks below?) but that it's not the end of the world if the map isn't minecraft, it won't kill the server and while it should be treated experimentally it should definitely be considered. I'm not saying remove minecraft altogether and fuck that map for good, but a little variation every now and then would be incredibly healthy. If having a high rank server according to a statistic is more important than how it feels like according to the actual players that's just plain retarded and outrageous for everyone who's dedicated.

true i agree i even suggested just changing time/having dynamic time on the server so the environment changes each round
nothing is seemed to be checked

but now i have lost motivation, I feel like the TTT server has not really progressed much during the time i have been on the server
Resigning from TTT, cuz gamemode has been getting boring lately, again xd

I would also appreciate if you do quote all my post (not necessarily referring to you), if it's lengthy comment on the other aspects of it not just nitpick something that's either off or contradictory.
  • Vakarian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Yea boi

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838344

I dont think you have realised yet but the lower the rank correlates to the amount of players on a server. The ranks change based on how many players on average are on the server on a daily basis. If our playercount dropped then the rank would drop. Playercount is everything as a higher number is an influence / signification that the server is popular and has people to play & interact with, that's what makes some join, other's is a dependant of choice in the map(s).
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838355

CrankyBot wrote:

I dont think you have realised yet but the lower the rank correlates to the amount of players on a server. The ranks change based on how many players on average are on the server on a daily basis. If our playercount dropped then the rank would drop. Playercount is everything as a higher number is an influence / signification that the server is popular and has people to play & interact with, that's what makes some join, other's is a dependant of choice in the map(s).
Yes I do, I never thought there's some underpaid indian working at gametracker playing on every single individual server and ranking them based on his own opinions to get his hourly $2, but rather arguing that from most of the time I've spent here the higher ups really only care about how many players there are connected. If the server is full there's no problem, regardless of how many people actually log in for multiple sessions and the suggestions/complaints created by regulars asking for improvement. I won't go into detail with this as many have argued, including Svanzscape, about the whole 'server should be quality over quantity' situation.
  • Vakarian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Yea boi

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838357

In other words, we're not confident in our ability.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838367

Its been fun buddy, shame to see you go but its understandable why you're leaving. Major burnout on something that never changes.
  • Nigerian_Prince
  • Fresh Boarder
  • It is me, your long lost cousin!
  • Thanks received: 58

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838394

Vakarian wrote:
Yes I do, I never thought there's some underpaid indian working at gametracker playing on every single individual server and ranking them based on his own opinions to get his hourly $2

Let's take some deep breaths
  • brenzor9137
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex - TTT SA
  • Thanks received: 395

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838415

Vakarian wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

Yes I do, I never thought there's some underpaid indian working at gametracker playing on every single individual server and ranking them based on his own opinions to get his hourly $2, but rather arguing that from most of the time I've spent here the higher ups really only care about how many players there are connected. If the server is full there's no problem, regardless of how many people actually log in for multiple sessions and the suggestions/complaints created by regulars asking for improvement. I won't go into detail with this as many have argued, including Svanzscape, about the whole 'server should be quality over quantity' situation.

My opinion on this is that zarp TTT will get boring eventually for players. Yes the map is a good map but its more for new players rather than older because it gets boring and people get older and all that shit. Of course the LT will care about how many players there are as the more players the better and the reason why some staff who are LT don't do anything like come on TTT is because its repetitive! My activity will probably go down with in a year because zarp TTT is just so repetitive and TTT in general is. There is no way to fix that. Adding more maps doesn't just stop people getting bored of TTT it just delays it. I can see why some stuff is not added because they know that its only delaying the inevitable and will be hard work for not a lot. I do agree that more should be done but it is much easier said than done however stuff like anti-cheat and that is more of a priority because its helpful to the LT to catch hackers and i would much rather a better anti-cheat for LT than some more shit added to the map its like choosing between hackers who can get away with hacking or a fucking pointshop wheel that gives you an overdose of zarp points. That type of shit deserves to be in only updates to the server as it makes users wait and see when the next update is going to be and then the servers will become more popular for that period of time and then when the update goes of course it will go back to normal level of players. That is how shit works it starts off low then goes high then goes low again. Older people leave, new people join its how zarp works. So of course suggestions are not being accepted as some are stuff that is optional not necessary.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838435

brenzor9137 wrote:
Vakarian wrote:
Yes I do, I never thought there's some underpaid indian working at gametracker playing on every single individual server and ranking them based on his own opinions to get his hourly $2

Let's take some deep breaths

Jax wrote:
Vakarian wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

My opinion on this is that zarp TTT will get boring eventually for players. Yes the map is a good map but its more for new players rather than older because it gets boring and people get older and all that shit. Of course the LT will care about how many players there are as the more players the better and the reason why some staff who are LT don't do anything like come on TTT is because its repetitive! My activity will probably go down with in a year because zarp TTT is just so repetitive and TTT in general is. There is no way to fix that. Adding more maps doesn't just stop people getting bored of TTT it just delays it. I can see why some stuff is not added because they know that its only delaying the inevitable and will be hard work for not a lot. I do agree that more should be done but it is much easier said than done however stuff like anti-cheat and that is more of a priority because its helpful to the LT to catch hackers and i would much rather a better anti-cheat for LT than some more shit added to the map its like choosing between hackers who can get away with hacking or a fucking pointshop wheel that gives you an overdose of zarp points. That type of shit deserves to be in only updates to the server as it makes users wait and see when the next update is going to be and then the servers will become more popular for that period of time and then when the update goes of course it will go back to normal level of players. That is how shit works it starts off low then goes high then goes low again. Older people leave, new people join its how zarp works. So of course suggestions are not being accepted as some are stuff that is optional not necessary.
Most multiplayer video games are repetitively 'boring' at their core. League: 10 champions, 2 teams, same objective, same map. CS:GO: different maps, max of 32 rounds, same guns, same objective, scenarios that generally repeat themselves after investing a good bit of time, PUBG: Drop, loot, fight, 2 maps, die/win, repeat. The difference between these is that they're actually trying to keep their players captivated and attracting new ones through diversity and a constant flow of changes and content. Content that isn't just cosmetic. As long as they do their job right I could, and am playing them until they die out because personally apart from a few single player masterpieces I prefer these types of games.
But hey, that's just my opinion :)
  • Vakarian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Yea boi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, brenzor9137

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838497

I cant say that I have read every word of every comment, but I dont think anyone has mentioned that loyal playerbase should be more important than high playerbase. We are having probably hundreds od those who click on the server just to try out the mod or to have a quock rulebreaking spree for fun. They click because they know there is short load time on this map. Hell even I did when I first joined
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838612

LonelyDodo wrote:

I cant say that I have read every word of every comment, but I dont think anyone has mentioned that loyal playerbase should be more important than high playerbase. We are having probably hundreds od those who click on the server just to try out the mod or to have a quock rulebreaking spree for fun. They click because they know there is short load time on this map. Hell even I did when I first joined
You should then, because that was mostly the core of my arguments.
  • Vakarian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Yea boi

Svanzscape's resignation / Zarp TTT in a nutshell 6 years 1 month ago #838655

Hey Svan,

It is sad to see you resign. Even if I do not agree with all that has been said here, and from you, no one can deny that you wanted the best for the server, and see it grow and evolve in the good way.

You gave a tremendous amount of time and patience for the server and its playerbase. You were active both IG and on the forums.

So, it's only natural that you feel disappointed. Still, I take this as a personnal defeat. I did nothing positive to prevent you from feeling this. And you may be right on some points.

Thank you very much for everything you've done for the server, I'll remember you as an extremely dedicated staff member !
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, Vakarian
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

154 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun